Sponsored

Eco-Diesel Rubicon / Willys steering knuckles

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I read that the Eco-Diesel Gladiators are coming with the cast iron knuckles from the Mojave. Does the Diesel Wrangler also come with the axles amd knuckles from the Gladiator Mojave? (Strongest factory axle set). Also, has anyone on here confirmed that the Gladiator Rubicon Diesel actually has iron knuckles? My patience for the Bronco is wearing thin, and since my used LJ search is a bust I may order a Eco-Diesel JT or JL to use for the next few years. I would prefer a Mojave Wrangler, bit don't think thats happening anymore. And would love a Diesel Mojave Gladiator, but no word there either. Whatever I get i know the steering weakness affer 3 JLURs, so looking for factory steel knuckes for one less aftermarket item to buy. Originally i was set against the JT, but they are looking pretty good lifted with a camper top and Roof top tent.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I read that the Eco-Diesel Gladiators are coming with the cast iron knuckles from the Mojave. Does the Diesel Wrangler also come with the axles amd knuckles from the Gladiator Mojave? (Strongest factory axle set). Also, has anyone on here confirmed that the Gladiator Rubicon Diesel actually has iron knuckles? My patience for the Bronco is wearing thin, and since my used LJ search is a bust I may order a Eco-Diesel JT or JL to use for the next few years. I would prefer a Mojave Wrangler, bit don't think thats happening anymore. And would love a Diesel Mojave Gladiator, but no word there either. Whatever I get i know the steering weakness affer 3 JLURs, so looking for factory steel knuckes for one less aftermarket item to buy. Originally i was set against the JT, but they are looking pretty good lifted with a camper top and Roof top tent.

Every diesel gladiator has cast iron knuckles
The axle tubes on the Mojave, max tow and rubicon gladiators, regardless of engine, are thicker than those available on rubicon or diesel wranglers
There won’t be a Mojave and diesel combo

I do not know about the wranglers

Based on what I’ve seen and experienced with the Mojave guys doing “over landing”, that suspension doesn’t handle carrying weight well at all.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
What are you looking for in a LJ? I am debating on selling mine and going new?

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Every diesel gladiator has cast iron knuckles
The axle tubes on the Mojave, max tow and rubicon gladiators, regardless of engine, are thicker than those available on rubicon or diesel wranglers
There won’t be a Mojave and diesel combo

I do not know about the wranglers

Based on what I’ve seen and experienced with the Mojave guys doing “over landing”, that suspension doesn’t handle carrying weight well at all.
I knew the Mojave suspension was softer, but still have not driven one to compare against my JLUR lifted and weighed down with stuff. I always planned to build a M416 for a RTT, but the ARE cap and RTT on the Gladiator is tempting. i would not be overlanding, just want the ability to camp easier off the grid.

Does the Wrangler Diesel have the same axle setup as the Gladiator diesel? I know all trims have the D44 fromt and rear but can't find details on if they have the other upgraded bits the JT gets.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
What are you looking for in a LJ? I am debating on selling mine and going new?
honestly stock LJ would be ideal so I can build myself. but honestly pretty open overall as I just want a good trail rig. I originally planned to have an LJ for difficult trails and a Bronco for the high speed desert stuff I still enjoy. I loved Rubicon, but a Raptor it was not. thats why if they made a Wrangler Mojave I would order right away.

Sponsored

Mr Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The information when they released th Mojave was that a desert rated Mojave Wrangler was coming. I doubt a 2 door would be on the books as the wheelbase would be too short for higher speeds.
I don't know how the Mojave's are making out with lift kits. You wouldn't want to replace those expensive bypass shocks it would kind of defeat the purpose of getting a Mojave over a rubicon.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The information when they released th Mojave was that a desert rated Mojave Wrangler was coming. I doubt a 2 door would be on the books as the wheelbase would be too short for higher speeds.
I don't know how the Mojave's are making out with lift kits. You wouldn't want to replace those expensive bypass shocks it would kind of defeat the purpose of getting a Mojave over a rubicon.
i actually care more about the frame reinforcements and axle uogrades. i want a 4 door, not 2 door JL. (had 3 already). i followed the Wrangler Mojave rumors for quite a while, but I think 392 and Covid changed the plans. I dont think we will get it now.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I knew the Mojave suspension was softer, but still have not driven one to compare against my JLUR lifted and weighed down with stuff. I always planned to build a M416 for a RTT, but the ARE cap and RTT on the Gladiator is tempting. i would not be overlanding, just want the ability to camp easier off the grid.

Does the Wrangler Diesel have the same axle setup as the Gladiator diesel? I know all trims have the D44 fromt and rear but can't find details on if they have the other upgraded bits the JT gets.

The rear suspension is different on the gladiator, so the brackets aren’t in the same spots.
The axles are also wider and the tubes are thicker on the gladiator on the Mojave, the sport with max tow and the rubicon. The other gladiators have the axle width and tube diameter as a rubicon wrangler. The diesel wranglers that aren’t rubicons have a narrower track width but I don’t know by how much

The suspension on the Mojave will sag under the weight of the topper, RTT and a decent amount of gear

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The rear suspension is different on the gladiator, so the brackets aren’t in the same spots.
The axles are also wider and the tubes are thicker on the gladiator on the Mojave, the sport with max tow and the rubicon. The other gladiators have the axle width and tube diameter as a rubicon wrangler. The diesel wranglers that aren’t rubicons have a narrower track width but I don’t know by how much

The suspension on the Mojave will sag under the weight of the topper, RTT and a decent amount of gear
so a Gladiator Rubicon eco-diesel will have the ugraded axles (thicker tubes, cast knuckes) that the mojave has. just no frame reinforcements. i know the shocks are also, different but that is easy to swap out other than the bumpstops.

after more digging, i see more people talking about Mojave sagging due to soft springs. that kind of defeats my use for it. now back to looking at a Rubicon JT Diesel, or holding out longer for a new Wrangler model and hoping ita similar to the Mojave JT. I still have an open Bronco reservation, but that is so far out I have a feeling I wlll end up in another Jeep. after 3, I know exactly how I want them setup at this point.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
so a Gladiator Rubicon eco-diesel will have the ugraded axles (thicker tubes, cast knuckes) that the mojave has. just no frame reinforcements. i know the shocks are also, different but that is easy to swap out other than the bumpstops.

after more digging, i see more people talking about Mojave sagging due to soft springs. that kind of defeats my use for it. now back to looking at a Rubicon JT Diesel, or holding out longer for a new Wrangler model and hoping ita similar to the Mojave JT. I still have an open Bronco reservation, but that is so far out I have a feeling I wlll end up in another Jeep. after 3, I know exactly how I want them setup at this point.
Get a Mojave Gladiator and install some air springs in the rear.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
There might be another option, depending upon exactly what you need. Are you looking to simply have the strongest axles possible? If so, and you aren't wanting to do other stuff (relocate or replace components, add different lockers, etc.), then you can always just reinforce the stock axle.
J104271?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg

This one is for a JK, but I'm sure that they make them for the JL. Or, if you are going to have a shop install this for you (requires welding), they could easily modify the JK to fit a JL. This thing only costs $99. Install would probably be a few hundred. Still probably FAR cheaper (and stronger) than getting a whole new axle that might have just a few thousands thicker walls.

Which . . . brings up another question. If the walls are thicker . . . how much thicker? If they are 1/16" thicker, that's only a 15% strength increase on a 3" tube.
Sponsored