Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

FWIW, I figure if I buy this bumper I would go ahead and get the Warn winch plate (assuming I get a Warn winch) rather than use the plate included.

Seems if I am going to put stress on components I would rather it be on the Warn plate vs a knock off
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Thanks FS!!

Did you use the same bolt for all 14 spots on the winch plate? I have so much extra hardware in a bag from the eBay bumper just trying to make sure.

Thanks,
AP
I reused my factory tow hooks and nuts (8 of the 14 bolts & nuts) as the factory tow hooks are far superior to the supplied ones. I also went out and bought some grade 8 bolts for the six support bolts. (The photos I posted of the mount/bolts were from my first install using the supplied bolts which I had no winch mounted to the plate)

The bumper kit includes some additional frame mounted red tow hook that use the same nuts and bolts. So if you did not mount these you will have left over bolts.

I did not mount these as I feel they stick down to far below the bumper and will end up being more issues off road they they are worth.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Aside from the obvious cost difference, are there any other reasons you would choose this over the DV8 modular one?

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...jl-modular-front-bumper-with-bull-bar-fbjl-10

It *seems* as though for ~$200-300 savings, it would be roughly the same to go with this Ebay knock-off, especially for me (daily driver with occasional weekend offroading)

That $200-300 would go a long way towards a proper winch, which had previously been a bit further down on my shopping list.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Aside from the obvious cost difference, are there any other reasons you would choose this over the DV8 modular one?

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...jl-modular-front-bumper-with-bull-bar-fbjl-10

It *seems* as though for ~$200-300 savings, it would be roughly the same to go with this Ebay knock-off, especially for me (daily driver with occasional weekend offroading)

That $200-300 would go a long way towards a proper winch, which had previously been a bit further down on my shopping list.
I would think the dv8 one has a better finish? And they are known company. If you consider how the bumper would do in an actual crash I can't help but wonder how the ebay knock off one will perform.

I like that the eBay one has black bolts. Also it looks like the eBay one has tow hooks. And the money savings are nice too.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Can you retrofit OEM parking sensors on the eBay front steel bumper so it’s recognized by the UConnect screen? As pointed out on this thread, this is a UK option so I’m wondering if it would be a simple plug-n-play retrofit?

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was running the rugged ridge Spartacus "factory clone" when someone pulled out and we hit a honda. I did have end caps removed winch plate and winch installed I am sure that helped. It held up surprisingly well.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Installed on my 2021 JLUR. This is the second one I have installed. This time I added a Warn winch, which was an adventure mostly because of the winches power lines and not the mounting plate or bumper. It’s a tight fit.
F4FE920B-B967-4A7F-B151-1DF8EE4EA778.jpeg
B0E73381-F49E-4490-A01A-AC3862C3619E.jpeg
2902D283-2347-49F5-BCCF-3CFAC5BCB34B.jpeg
Where did you get the plugs for those 2 holes on the end of the plastic fog light cover?

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are from the local auto parts store. Just simple body panel plugs/clips. They are held in place from the back side with a generous amount of black RVT.

After a short trail run and some dirt the bumper looks even more like stock.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 0EA4C5B6-0AA5-4720-B84B-E8BF84F2D67E
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 8ADDEF6D-39D4-4631-BCBE-037AC8471105

Last edited:

brandonzach

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Unlimited
After finally having this bumper fitted and looking the way I want it, I really don’t know that I’d recommend it. For two reasons.

1. It’s going to take you all day to install this thing. Especially if you want to salvage the factory fog lights out of your factory bumper.

2. The finish/quality is adequate at best. The coating they use is super thin and almost see through in spots(I repainted the whole thing). There are random grinding spots they did not feather out. You can just tell the QC just isn’t where the factory Mopar bumper is.

That being said, it’s not a bad deal compared to other aftermarket bumpers with the built in winch plate and bar. Next time though, I’ll just get a used one off of Facebook Marketplace. They can be had for $500-$600 in my area pretty easily and with those, it would be a 20 minute swap and then you’d have something a little higher quality. This Amazon one looks good now, but only have repainting it,adding the Mopar crash can covers, and filling in the 50 extra bolt holes it comes with. All in, I estimate the cost to be about $650 with the steel Mopar skid plate. So maybe a savings of $300 over going Mopar + Winch Plate + Winch bar? To me, not worth the extra time it took…just my two cents.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 408B5828-6341-4E26-8B0E-28416A9FA52B
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! E0A05FEB-48AC-4668-83F0-DAAEBC5767E7

Sponsored

arjusmc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JL Unlimited Sport S
For sport owners, are the fog lights plug and play? I dont know if the rubicon and sport fog lights use the same plug. Also can the stock sport fog lights be reused or are they a different size?

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For sport owners, are the fog lights plug and play? I dont know if the rubicon and sport fog lights use the same plug. Also can the stock sport fog lights be reused or are they a different size?
Yes they are plug and play. The ones the bumper comes with are actually decent LED lights. Mine were aimed a little high but after I adjusted them they work IMO better then the standard factory Sport or non LED fog lights.

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Installed this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373635502082?var=642647799941
Used my bull bar as it was made for this bumper, had my lights attached and was a way better bar than the one than came. Ordered without fog lights and use the set I was running.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1027211543_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1028210821_HDR
Swamped everything I could. Cut the top part off the skid plate and got it to work. Happy so far.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Looks good. I am getting ready to strip and repaint mine. It has started to flake where the road damage took place, and all of the hardware is rusting. I am replacing the hardware with titanium bolts, and I have installed rivetnuts in all of the holes so that I don't have to use a nut to tighten down the bolts any longer.
Sponsored