Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
why would the front bumper have sensor holes?

There are NO sensors on the front bumper...for the advanced safety group sensors are located behind review mirror, for the safety group sensors are located in the rear bumper and the taillights.
Apparently the euro models have front sensors.
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
My bumper came in two days. Packaged extremely well. Box was a little beat up, but very well wrapped with bubble wrap. The finish looks good as well.
Hi. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this too. Did you order yours from Amazon or eBay?
eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114129178387
Their price went a few bucks, but i'm impressed at first glance with the product. Removed my old bumper this evening. Going to install this bumper tomorrow.
Thanks!

Can you measure the sensor holes? I've seen both 1 1/4" and 1 1/8" referenced on this thread. Much appreciated!

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Got around to installing the bumper. I am very satisfied with quality (for the price). I swapped out the tow hooks for the black Sahara hooks. It was a pain removing a lot of bolts. I left the LED lights it came with. I had a hard time getting bolts in to frame, but tapped them in with a hammer. I definitely recommend this product.

thumbnail_IMG_2368.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2367.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2365.jpg

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Installed on my 2021 JLUR. This is the second one I have installed. This time I added a Warn winch, which was an adventure mostly because of the winches power lines and not the mounting plate or bumper. It’s a tight fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 2902D283-2347-49F5-BCCF-3CFAC5BCB34B
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 2902D283-2347-49F5-BCCF-3CFAC5BCB34B
Hey fst,

Could you provide any tips for installing the winch plate that came with the eBay bumper? With no instructions included in the eBay bumper package, I’m a little hesitant to install it, as I don’t want to secure it with the wrong bolts / in the wrong locations.

Appreciate any help / advice you have!

Thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a Amazon steel bumper installed this weekend on my 2021 4XE. The style and gauge of steel seem are very close to what I remember on my 2018 JL. The only negative I see is the paint quality which many probably won't notice but my previous career in Auto Collision Repair has made it impossible for me not to notice every little detail. lol
For the money, it's hard to beat what this bumper comes with but I've got a couple questions that hopefully someone with this bumper can answer. I apologize if they have been asked somewhere else in this thread that I didn't see.

1. Could someone please measure the gap from the top of the bumper to the grille? To me it looks like my bumper is hanging out further than my previous 18' OEM steel bumper. I've got a measurement of 2.75 inches at the closest point. This gap will look better with the filler panel and winch installed, but it just seems to hang out there a ways. I've attached a couple pictures for reference.

2. Does anybody know of spray paint that matches the OEM steel bumper very closely? I'd like to recoat this bumper before final install and would like it to be the same color as the rear bumper and fenders.

Thank you all in advance!!

Hey Brandon,

Do you by chance have any tips for installing this winch plate? With no instructions in the eBay bumper box, I’m a little hesitant to install the plate, as I don’t want to use the wrong hardware or mount it in the wrong location.

Any help / tips would be much appreciated! Thanks man.

-AP

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hey Brandon,

Do you by chance have any tips for installing this winch plate? With no instructions in the eBay bumper box, I’m a little hesitant to install the plate, as I don’t want to use the wrong hardware or mount it in the wrong location.

Any help / tips would be much appreciated! Thanks man.

-AP
Did the mopar instructions I posted before for you not match up?

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the mopar instructions I posted before for you not match up?
Thanks for providing those instructions!

The mopar instructions show 4 brackets being used, and I could’ve sworn the eBay bumper winch plate only came with 2. This leads me to believe that it’s not a 1-to-1 match unfortunately :/

I was just wondering if anyone happened to take any pics of the winch plate while installing it, or if they could describe their install process specifically for the eBay winch plate

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
i have winched a bit with this bumper and plate and there is some flex but strong enough that i pulled out an f150 in some thick mud while i was anchored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Hey fst,

Could you provide any tips for installing the winch plate that came with the eBay bumper? With no instructions included in the eBay bumper package, I’m a little hesitant to install it, as I don’t want to secure it with the wrong bolts / in the wrong locations.

Appreciate any help / advice you have!

Thanks,
Andrew
This is from my first install on page 18 of this thread. There are more details photos of the entire process in these posts about these bumper.

Both sides are attached the same way.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! B8FF6BCB-1F64-44FB-8C60-2F92AD72C9DE

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for providing those instructions!

The mopar instructions show 4 brackets being used, and I could’ve sworn the eBay bumper winch plate only came with 2. This leads me to believe that it’s not a 1-to-1 match unfortunately :/

I was just wondering if anyone happened to take any pics of the winch plate while installing it, or if they could describe their install process specifically for the eBay winch plate
Wow , you’re right, it looks like a very different winch plate. I wonder if it’s a euro version with a lower capacity rating. It doesn’t look near as sturdy as the us mopar one.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow , you’re right, it looks like a very different winch plate. I wonder if it’s a euro version with a lower capacity rating. It doesn’t look near as sturdy as the us mopar one.
All in all it actually not a bad setup. I would say “medium duty” winching is what it was designed for. I would not use it on a dedicated “built up” rock crawler or muddying Jeep. But for a basic overlander style of Jeep and off roading of that type it’s more then adequate.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PART 2 of install.

Test fitting of factory JL tow hook and crush can.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! B8FF6BCB-1F64-44FB-8C60-2F92AD72C9DE

Installing the factory LED fog lights using the included brackets.

Putting it all back together.

For those asking how the winch plate installs. The first photos below are of the “L” brackets that mount under the plate. I used the supplied bolts for now but will be replacing them with known quality western made automotive grade 8 bolts when I install my winch. No way I will be trusting the included bolts of unknown quality for winching.

Top of winch plate vvvvv
So, does the winch plate install with only those 4 bolts and nuts? Or is there more that secure it on the sides?

Thanks,
AP

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The w
So, does the winch plate install with only those 4 bolts and nuts? Or is there more that secure it on the sides?

Thanks,
AP
The winch plate secures in place with a total of 14 bolts. 8 to the frame/tow hooks points, 4 to the plate and 2 to supports attached to the frame.

Considering the Warn winch I have only has 4 bolt mounting it to the plate, the 14 others are more then sufficient for moderate winching needs.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The w

The winch plate secures in place with a total of 14 bolts. 8 to the frame/tow hooks points, 4 to the plate and 2 to supports attached to the frame.

Considering the Warn winch I have only has 4 bolt mounting it to the plate, the 14 others are more then sufficient for moderate winching needs.
Thanks FS!!

Did you use the same bolt for all 14 spots on the winch plate? I have so much extra hardware in a bag from the eBay bumper just trying to make sure.

Thanks,
AP
Sponsored