Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
EEC2D9AD-C538-496C-9A1F-6398A870A521.jpeg
C0912E52-4FBF-4D07-99C1-F18C0BBE5E76.jpeg

I installed the eBay bumper on my 4Xe with no issue and I used the blue tow hooks off of the plastic bumper. I also installed a Warn winch using the eBay bumper winch plate. I did go and but grade 8 bolts to replace the cheaper bolts that were sent with the eBay bumper. There is a high chance that the bumper will come slightly damaged so you might have to buy some high heat black textured spray paint to touch up some areas before install. I can’t speak for the install of the ROAM stuff as I don’t have anything from ROAM. I reused my LED lights and harness instead of the fog lights that came with the bumper just as a preference. I also bought the OEM crush can bezel pieces so I would not have the parking sensor holes. The plastic pieces cost like $13 each from quadratec or mopar.

Thank You... and your jeep looks beautiful. I have a Granite JLUR on order. The steel bumper defenitely looks better than the stock.

As someone who has only touched the steering wheel and the doors in a SUV, am little worried on doing the installs myself. Coiuld you comment on the below pls

2) Do I need a lift for installing the above items, or can I knock it off in my garage floor.
3) I have a Milwaukee M12 3/8 Drill/Driver and a 1/4 Hex Impact Driver. Planning to buy the tekton Torque wrenches based on few reccomendations from this forum. Do I need all the 3 wrenches in the below package or a 1/4 and 3/8 will do for the work that I am planning for?
https://www.tekton.com/torque-wrench-bundle-trq99901

Could you share the ebay seller name as well. I could see few selling same bumper, all shipped from CA
Sponsored

Last edited:

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Thank You... and your jeep looks beautiful. I have a Granite JLUR on order. The steel bumper defenitely looks better than the stock.

As someone who has only touched the steering wheel and the doors in a SUV, am little worried on doing the installs myself. Coiuld you comment on the below pls

2) Do I need a lift for installing the above items, or can I knock it off in my garage floor.
3) I have a Milwaukee M12 3/8 Drill/Driver and a 1/4 Hex Impact Driver. Planning to buy the tekton Torque wrenches based on few reccomendations from this forum. Do I need all the 3 wrenches in the below package or a 1/4 and 3/8 will do for the work that I am planning for?
https://www.tekton.com/torque-wrench-bundle-trq99901

Could you share the ebay seller name as well. I could see few selling same bumper, all shipped from CA
You do not need to lift the 4Xe to put the bumper on. I did it in my garage. I did use a creeper to wheel around under the Jeep to move around easier. Those are pretty inexpensive on Amazon also. I would buy the set from Tekton as you will use it in the bumper install and it will come in handy as you do different upgrades to the the Jeep and need different size ratchets. I ended up ordering my bumper from an Amazon seller because from what I was seeing the bumper is the same bumper and being sold by the same people just on different sites like eBay and Amazon. I choose to go through Amazon because I got the bumper sooner for some reason. Here is the screenshot from purchase. It seems like every retailer is selling the Kuafu bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! BFC70A4A-6909-490F-B5CA-CC6457F7268B
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! D8EA4BC9-F5E1-4CA7-B25B-A240481486CF

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
If anyone needs the brackets and hardware I have a set. Dealer didn’t tell me the OEM skidplate comes with the hardware, (azzholes). Will sell for cost + shipping.
Do you still ahve the hardware for the skid plates?

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
You do not need to lift the 4Xe to put the bumper on. I did it in my garage. I did use a creeper to wheel around under the Jeep to move around easier. Those are pretty inexpensive on Amazon also. I would buy the set from Tekton as you will use it in the bumper install and it will come in handy as you do different upgrades to the the Jeep and need different size ratchets. I ended up ordering my bumper from an Amazon seller because from what I was seeing the bumper is the same bumper and being sold by the same people just on different sites like eBay and Amazon. I choose to go through Amazon because I got the bumper sooner for some reason. Here is the screenshot from purchase. It seems like every retailer is selling the Kuafu bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! D8EA4BC9-F5E1-4CA7-B25B-A240481486CF

When you installed, did you reuse the closeout panel between bumper and grille.. The ones for plastic bumper looks different than the steel one

Plastic Closeout Panel - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/f...nt-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl-82215121ab#install
Steel Closeout Panel - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-closeout-panel-jl-steel-front-bumper-6BU43RXFAB

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
When you installed, did you reuse the closeout panel between bumper and grille.. The ones for plastic bumper looks different than the steel one

Plastic Closeout Panel - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/f...nt-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl-82215121ab#install
Steel Closeout Panel - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-closeout-panel-jl-steel-front-bumper-6BU43RXFAB
On my MOPAR steel bumper I put on last week I reused the Sport plastic closeout, I hate it. I'm probably going to just trim. Hella noticeable it is wrong for it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! steel bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! steel bumper 2

Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
On my MOPAR steel bumper I put on last week I reused the Sport plastic closeout, I hate it. I'm probably going to just trim. Hella noticeable it is wrong for it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! steel bumper 2

Thanks for the pics., looks like the plastic one makes it look busy.. I like the steel closeout simplicity

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pics., looks like the plastic one makes it look busy.. I like the steel closeout simplicity
If changing out Rubi or Sahara plastic bumper the closeout will be same as one for steel bumper

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi , on order...sorry should have mentioned earlier
Cool. You won’t need to order a new one. The existing one that comes on Rubi can be reused. They are the same. Here is a pic of one on plastic Rubi bumper. You can see it is the same as one you are looking at on Quadratec.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! A5C55200-2DB7-4A8C-9F11-D3D28EBC3674

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
2021 JLURD. Yep, Rubicon Diesel. I ordered it with the plastic bumper group.
I went with the KAFU steel bumper from Amazon, $450, free shipping.
It came with everything I needed:
Bumper, ends, winch delete plate, LED fog lights, fog light brackets for stock LED fog lights, winch plate, bull bar, flip-up license plate bracket, plastic trim pieces, nuts and bolts. NO instructions.
I installed it in an afternoon, by myself. Originally used all their parts and bolted the winch in place. Went on okay, a bit tight when hanging it on the frame brackets. Fog lights plugged right in. Looks good. I also bought plastic plugs for the holes (they show up on Amazon as an add-on).
Went back to it a week later to hook up the winch. Decided to pull the bumper and mod a bit. I replaced the KAFU LED fogs with the stock LED fogs, better light. The brackets worked great. I put the factory mounts/hooks on in place of the KAFU ones. Hey, they are factory Rubicon, why not? Winch controller mounted on the frame, out of site. Replaced my old steel cable with a new synthetic one, in blue, to match the Jeep.
I have since added a RockJock tow base plate. Bolts to the frame and the bumper. Designed for Factory steel bumper, but bolted right up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856YHW5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6402_LI.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

Radavi01

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I see this bumper is not plug and play. Anyone successfully rewire the included led fogs to match up to the jeep's plug in? If it worked for you will you please post pics or part numbers? If you can also briefly explain how you accomplished this that would be great.

I'm stuck here and don't have the fogs from the previous bumper.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored