Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone know if the end caps from the China bumper will fit on the Mopar bumper?
Sponsored

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Installed on my Jeep this past weekend
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_8121.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! tempImagezPtYwt
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! tempImage1byfNl
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! tempImageGnG4Qj
. Originally purchased from Amazon, received it in 2 days in Maryland. Bumper arrived with just a few small nicks, particularly where I took the end caps off but nothing too drastic. Used random rustoleum matte black touch up paint to cover it, doesn't look perfect but you can't tell from a few feet away. I Used the light brackets the bumper came with to install my factory LEDs but the hardware that comes with them kinda sucks so I will probably have to replace at some point. I have zip ties in there now so the lights aren't perfectly aligned. Also installed the Mopar skid plate, the Mopar fairlead plate to over the holes and a Warn Evo 10S on the winch plate that came with the bumper. Everything fit great, time will tell how the winch plate holds up. I tested it with just the weight of the Jeep up a slight incline and seemed to do okay.

Overall definitely worth it for the price, between the bumper and skid plate it only cost about 650.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Installed on my Jeep this past weekend
IMG_8121.JPG
tempImagezPtYwt.png
tempImage1byfNl.png
tempImageGnG4Qj.png
. Originally purchased from Amazon, received it in 2 days in Maryland. Bumper arrived with just a few small nicks, particularly where I took the end caps off but nothing too drastic. Used random rustoleum matte black touch up paint to cover it, doesn't look perfect but you can't tell from a few feet away. I Used the light brackets the bumper came with to install my factory LEDs but the hardware that comes with them kinda sucks so I will probably have to replace at some point. I have zip ties in there now so the lights aren't perfectly aligned. Also installed the Mopar skid plate, the Mopar fairlead plate to over the holes and a Warn Evo 10S on the winch plate that came with the bumper. Everything fit great, time will tell how the winch plate holds up. I tested it with just the weight of the Jeep up a slight incline and seemed to do okay.

Overall definitely worth it for the price, between the bumper and skid plate it only cost about 650.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_3472

Looks awesome! Nice wheels too! I put the same one on mine about 3 weeks ago. I ordered from Amazon and after a week it still hadn't shipped, so I cancelled and ordered from ebay. I got the front and rear. I used the foglights that came with the bumper and they're even brighter than stock. I'm not sure how long they'll last or if they'll fill up with water or something, so it's in the back of my mind that I might have to replace them with OEM LED fogs for a steel bumper down the road.

I don't have a winch yet but I love the way it looks with the winch in there. Is that the Evo 10S?

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Damn I want this at its price point so bad!

has anybody managed to get one to Canada? If so, how? And was it costly?
Same here. It's too bad the border is closed or I'd happily have it shipped there to pick it up.

Yardstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLURD, Tundra, 4Runner, Sprinter
For those who are seeing rust with these Ebay/Amazon bumpers - would you have expected to see rust on the factory steel bumpers with the same scratches/pitting? I'm wondering if it's any worse than the way a factory bumper would react under the same conditions.

Sponsored

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Anyone know if the end caps from the China bumper will fit on the Mopar bumper?
They should. I replaced mine with the Mopar end caps and they fit fine. If you want my takeoffs, I'm willing to sell them for $100 including shipping. It would just be the end caps though, I reused the bolts.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They should. I replaced mine with the Mopar end caps and they fit fine. If you want my takeoffs, I'm willing to sell them for $100 including shipping. It would just be the end caps though, I reused the bolts.
Good to know! I actually picked up a pair of China end caps for free and maybe will stumble across a MOPAR stubby bumper one day.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Would this JK version work ok? This is one of the few bumpers that ship to canada.

I believe the JK and JL bumpers are interchangeable

Anyone have any experience?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264850103378
If you are in the greater Montreal area, you can have it shipped to Halfway house freight forwarding in Dundee.

their building sits right on the border so they have a US address and a Canadian address for same building.

they charge about 7.00 a package and are open Saturdays.
When you leave, you go through Canadian customs and pay the taxes.

I use them all the time.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
If you are in the greater Montreal area, you can have it shipped to Halfway house freight forwarding in Dundee.

their building sits right on the border so they have a US address and a Canadian address for same building.

they charge about 7.00 a package and are open Saturdays.
When you leave, you go through Canadian customs and pay the taxes.

I use them all the time.
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised there's not more regulation govering this.

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised there's not more regulation govering this.
Theres nothing shady about it, the whole setup is a quirk of history. The house was on the Quebec side 100 years ago and when the border moved it split the house so an accommodation was issued.

They receive US packages from the US side and we get them from the Canadian side. When you leave you are funnelled to customs where you declare what you have.

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
After 2 years of lurking in this forum, finally placed an order for my 4xe. I am planning to install this bumper, steel skid plates and a ROAM side steps by myself. This will be the first time that I am working on an automobile by myself...

Questions for seasoned fellow jeepers.

1) I have asked a question to the seller on fitment with 4xe, still does anyone see a problem there?
2) Do I need a lift for installing the above items, or can I knock it off in my garage floor.
3) I have a Milwaukee M12 3/8 Drill/Driver and a 1/4 Hex Impact Driver. Planning to buy the tekton Torque wrenches based on few reccomendations from this forum. Do I need all the 3 wrenches in the below package or a 1/4 and 3/8 will do for the work that I am planning for?

https://www.tekton.com/torque-wrench-bundle-trq99901
4) Can I reuse the blue towhooks from the 4xe?

Thanks in advance,

AJ

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
After 2 years of lurking in this forum, finally placed an order for my 4xe. I am planning to install this bumper, steel skid plates and a ROAM side steps by myself. This will be the first time that I am working on an automobile by myself...

Questions for seasoned fellow jeepers.

1) I have asked a question to the seller on fitment with 4xe, still does anyone see a problem there?
2) Do I need a lift for installing the above items, or can I knock it off in my garage floor.
3) I have a Milwaukee M12 3/8 Drill/Driver and a 1/4 Hex Impact Driver. Planning to buy the tekton Torque wrenches based on few reccomendations from this forum. Do I need all the 3 wrenches in the below package or a 1/4 and 3/8 will do for the work that I am planning for?

https://www.tekton.com/torque-wrench-bundle-trq99901
4) Can I reuse the blue towhooks from the 4xe?

Thanks in advance,

AJ
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! EEC2D9AD-C538-496C-9A1F-6398A870A521
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! C0912E52-4FBF-4D07-99C1-F18C0BBE5E76

I installed the eBay bumper on my 4Xe with no issue and I used the blue tow hooks off of the plastic bumper. I also installed a Warn winch using the eBay bumper winch plate. I did go and but grade 8 bolts to replace the cheaper bolts that were sent with the eBay bumper. There is a high chance that the bumper will come slightly damaged so you might have to buy some high heat black textured spray paint to touch up some areas before install. I can’t speak for the install of the ROAM stuff as I don’t have anything from ROAM. I reused my LED lights and harness instead of the fog lights that came with the bumper just as a preference. I also bought the OEM crush can bezel pieces so I would not have the parking sensor holes. The plastic pieces cost like $13 each from quadratec or mopar.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

If I replace the supplied bolts with Grade 10 bolts, can (should) I add D-rings to the lower trailer hooks (per the parts list below)? I don't plan on any intense off-roading just yet, but I like the look of the D-rings. My fear is someone might accidently use them as recovery points. With Grade 10 bolts, would they hold for minor use?

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! C0912E52-4FBF-4D07-99C1-F18C0BBE5E76
I've skipped these lower trailer hooks altogether as I have no use for them and they would make the front bumper look "too busy".
Sponsored