Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
For anyone that needs/wants the front license plate mount. Part number is 68295610AA . Can find it on Ebay for $18
Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Has anyone installed a winch with one of these bumpers yet? I can't remember, and I don't want to go back through 31 pages tbh. I am trying to sort out what winch rated at 10,000lbs + will fit without me having to get out the cutting wheel. Thanks!

Jeff

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Has anyone installed a winch with one of these bumpers yet? I can't remember, and I don't want to go back through 31 pages tbh. I am trying to sort out what winch rated at 10,000lbs + will fit without me having to get out the cutting wheel. Thanks!

Jeff
I put a warn vr evo 10s on mine. I’m using the eBay bumper and winch plate. I haven’t had the opportunity to test it out properly though.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I put a warn vr evo 10s on mine. I’m using the eBay bumper and winch plate. I haven’t had the opportunity to test it out properly though.
Good to hear. I've see where people have had to cut, but I'm just trying to avoid that.

Prosperous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's
Good to hear. I've see where people have had to cut, but I'm just trying to avoid that.
I actually thought this was another wranglerforum i'm on they look similar so this may be my first post here. I was able to install the Superwinch 10000SR in this bumper. The bolts they included with it were 1.5" and I ended up shearing one off as the bolt hits the top of the winch and I didn't realize it. I had to drill it out of the flat nut stuck inside the winch which wasn't fun then I bought 1 1/4" Grade 8 bolts as I didn't want to use several washers. It's tight but the winch fits easily. I forgot to put one of the original cover holding bolts back in for purely cosmetic reasons, now I can't reach one of them easily w/o having to remove the bumper. It also blocks the bolts to the floodlights mounted on the bumper I installed prewinch so if something happens to one of those I will need to remove or at least loosen the bumper to get to it. I like the look of this bumper but I forgot how nice it was to have an aftermarket with easy access to the winch and accessories. I just wanted to post this about the superwinch because I had no idea if it would fit without me having to cut when I ordered it. Now you know...

Last edited:

Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Damn I want this at its price point so bad!

has anybody managed to get one to Canada? If so, how? And was it costly?

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
If I replace the supplied bolts with Grade 10 bolts, can (should) I add D-rings to the lower trailer hooks (per the parts list below)? I don't plan on any intense off-roading just yet, but I like the look of the D-rings. My fear is someone might accidently use them as recovery points. With Grade 10 bolts, would they hold for minor use?

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! parts

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Following...

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I’ve got a couple of spots starting to rust a bit on my bumpers, does anyone know what matches well as far as touch ups go? Or should I just tackle this as a summer project and remove whatever coating is on them now and spray like a bed liner?

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I’ve got a couple of spots starting to rust a bit on my bumpers, does anyone know what matches well as far as touch ups go? Or should I just tackle this as a summer project and remove whatever coating is on them now and spray like a bed liner?
I found that a high heat flat paint similar to the one in the attached image was matching pretty close. Spot test it first, of course.

IMG_2199.jpg

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I found that a high heat flat paint similar to the one in the attached image was matching pretty close. Spot test it first, of course.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_2199
Awesome thanks:like:. Got myself a little project now.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
When did you install it? ...where I live we have pretty harsh winters with salt on the roads, etc.. so I am interested to know how well this bumper takes the winter season
Sometime in the summer. It’s from dings from shipping where the coating was stripped. But the coating itself still seems to be holding up

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
Mine has a few small rust spots as well where the paint was chipped on a few edges. Plan to do some touch-up soon. Disappointed, but not surprised given the cost.
Sponsored