Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
Since you are about to embark on the install, it would be very helpful if you weighed the new and the original ones as you go about it. It will be interesting to see if you experience any "sag" as a result of the increased net weight. Thanks.
I just installed the OEM version and skid plate onto my JLUR this weekend. Front end sag was a minor 1/8".
Sponsored

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just ordered this one through Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R89Y322/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It is sold by E-Go Bike LLC. I haven't gotten any shipping estimate yet, but fingers crossed.
Just pulled the trigger on this one too. I got the last one at 428, now the price is 449.

It says it doesn’t come with the skid plate or filler panel. Will my plastic ones fit or do I need to order new ones from somewhere else?

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Just pulled the trigger on this one too. I got the last one at 428, now the price is 449.

It says it doesn’t come with the skid plate or filler panel. Will my plastic ones fit or do I need to order new ones from somewhere else?
Purchased mine from Amazon also. No the plastic stock splash guard/skid plate won't fit. I'm sure if ya get creative and cut it you could fabricate something. The filler panel between the bumper and grill fit fine.
Good luck with the install. Everything went find but switched out the LED fogs to my stock halogens. Not plug and play and didn't want to deal the wiring.
IMG_20210212_182037_589.jpg

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Purchased mine from Amazon also. No the plastic stock splash guard/skid plate won't fit. I'm sure if ya get creative and cut it you could fabricate something. The filler panel between the bumper and grill fit fine.
Good luck with the install. Everything went find but switched out the LED fogs to my stock halogens. Not plug and play and didn't want to deal the wiring.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_20210212_182037_589
Good to know, thanks. So your stock halogen fog lights fit right in or did you have to modify anything? I have the OEM LED fogs with OEM plastic bumper, and I want to swap them to the new metal bumper since I don't trust the quality of the LED fogs that come with it.

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
What about this skid plate for $112.89? https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...-and-gladiator-jt-skid-plate-steel-68293984ab. I am not sure what the difference is and whether it's going to work with this eBay bumper as well.

Edit: Never mind. Finally found the difference described on https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-skid-plate-jl-steel-front-bumper-68293984AB:

This replacement steel plate is an exact replacement that will require the use of the original hardware for installation, If you are installing this plate new and would like a kit with the brackets and installation hardware please see #82215183AB.​
If anyone needs the brackets and hardware I have a set. Dealer didn’t tell me the OEM skidplate comes with the hardware, (azzholes). Will sell for cost + shipping.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Good to know, thanks. So your stock halogen fog lights fit right in or did you have to modify anything? I have the OEM LED fogs with OEM plastic bumper, and I want to swap them to the new metal bumper since I don't trust the quality of the LED fogs that come with it.
from what I understand the leds that come with that bumper are very good and if any trouble you can swap easily. Look at videos on YT

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Hey all, saw this on FB, thought I'd share. Someone posted up that their friend had this knockoff bumper and the hooks bent forward on what they called a mild recovery attempt. So might be worth using your factory hooks instead of the ones included with the knockoff bumper. Kinda makes me wonder how well the included winch plate would fair on a tough pull.

146489406_10158329422524576_8615663072574177037_n.jpg

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Hey guys, not sure if this was answered already. Can I use my stock LED fogs with this bumper? Will it be an easy switch? Thanks!
You can use them, with some brackets and modifications. I used the stock LED fogs on mine along with this bracket. You will have to cut off the two tabs on one side of each fog light and likely have to grind/file the radius of the bracket larger to get them to fit the light.
Gregj

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Hey all, saw this on FB, thought I'd share. Someone posted up that their friend had this knockoff bumper and the hooks bent forward on what they called a mild recovery attempt. So might be worth using your factory hooks instead of the ones included with the knockoff bumper. Kinda makes me wonder how well the included winch plate would fair on a tough pull.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 146489406_10158329422524576_8615663072574177037_n
I guess this confirms that the hardware with these bumpers is soft. All the bolts are stamped 8.8 and the OEM are 10.9 grade. I used the OEM hooks on mine.
Gregj

OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I guess this confirms that the hardware with these bumpers is soft. All the bolts are stamped 8.8 and the OEM are 10.9 grade. I used the OEM hooks on mine.
Gregj
Good to know and thanks for sharing @JRobes & @Gregj .
It will be another fun spring project for me to switch back to OEM hooks and bolts.

OP
OP
zyt

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
So if your not going off-roading do you really need the skid plate? Why would one need it?

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So if your not going off-roading do you really need the skid plate? Why would one need it?
You likely wouldn't. It could help a bit with aerodynamics and fuel mileage vs just leaving that area open though.
Sponsored