Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
Same Ebay steel bumper but purchased mine from Amazon for ease of return purposes. Have had it for about two months.

No complaints from me. Love the cost/look. Like how the there's a winch cover for the opening since I'm still looking. There were no provided instructions, so will probably have to remove bumper to evetually install provided winch mount.

Removed the end caps before my install. A few weeks ago I replaced the ends caps just to eyeball if I liked the look. Took them of and had a few scuff marks from me jamming it on. Replaced my halogen fog lights in the bumper instead of the provided LED due to not wanting to deal with wiring (not plug and play). Purchased the mopar crash can covers around the light ($15 plus shipping if I remember right) and replaced the provided ones cuz that senor opening (though i covered it) really bugged me. Also used factory black tow hooks instead of the provided red.

$390 bumper/winch plate and $40 for the covers. Just FYI bumper cost has gone up 3 times since I purchased mine. Friend bought same one for $419. Just checked today $440.

Took about 2hr solo for install using hand tools. Simple and clean look.
16116930058201837147046003713685.jpg

16116929494468784115279909135872.jpg

IMG_20210112_142105_075.jpg
Looks good man, looks just like OEM, I wonder if it will fit my 2021
Sponsored

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
I've seen a bunch of MOPAR knock-off stuff that seems identical to the real thing, but at a massive discount. Some of them, like the JL tailgate reinforcement kit look so legit that I actually suspect they're both from the same factory, only one has the MOPAR badge and the other is left plain. There are no guarantees, but its possible that this is the case here as well.
i ran into this with my mud flaps. bought the amazon ones that looked like the mopar. ... . instructions are exact. flaps are exact. except for the mopar branding, same font and illustrations on the instructions as well. . . . FCA sublets out a lot of production. i am sure this is just the supplier selling off extras that are unbranded. minus the mopar. mark up

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I saw the video that guy made on the knock off of the screws rusting and some edges starting to rust. I have to be honest it does look good and the price is nice but The saying is true you do get what you pay for, or if it’s too good to be true it probably is. So at this point I’m going to go either OM or MP concepts And pay the extra money because I guarantee in the long run I’m going to wish I did

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I saw the video that guy made on the knock off of the screws rusting and some edges starting to rust. I have to be honest it does look good and the price is nice but The saying is true you do get what you pay for, or if it’s too good to be true it probably is. So at this point I’m going to go either OM or MP concepts And pay the extra money because I guarantee in the long run I’m going to wish I did
link to the video you're referring to please

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I installed this yesterday.....there are no instructions but I was easily able to figure out everything. The bumper fits good and looks like the OEM steel. The plastic fog light bezels clips are cheap plastic and they snapped off when I installed so they are sending me replacements but that is really the only issue I see. I ordered some metal clips off amazon that should solve the issue along with the plastic plugs for the sensor holes. Winch is going in next so I will update again then.
bump4.jpg
bump3.jpg
bump5.jpg
can someone post link for metal clips?

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
MP Concepts (in-house brand from Extreme Terrain) was my first choice, but this bumper was forever out of stock at the time. Would be interested to hear how this worked out for you and to see some pictures. Please share when you get a chance. Best!

Edit: Please note it comes without the grill guard tube bar ($180).
FYI, MP Concepts is just another "knock-off" from China

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MP-CONCEPTS-Aluminum-Front-Bumper-kit_1600094057878.html

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT

Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Honestly, the Dv8 one looks like a "rough first prototype". This MPConcepts looks clean. I too am very tempted. The only thing I am not concerned about is no one has come forward on the forum claiming to have successfully installed it and claiming to be happy with it.

Big bonus data point would be ... how much does it really weigh!
I can give you the stubby weights for comparison:

* The MP Concepts Aluminum bumper (stubby) - 41 lbs
* The OEM Steel bumper (stubby) - 53 lbs

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

i guess they’re all knockoffs if it’s not Mopar stamped. Probably all made at the same place
The MP Concepts is the "in-house brand" of Extreme Terrain - whatever that means. The bumper is also made in China. To me they both looked like a clean implementation of OEM steel bumper. I think the choice is mostly between aluminum and steel as the material. The 12 lbs stubby weight difference was not really a factor in my choice.

Last edited:

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
The vendors are notoriously behind on updating their sites. If it fits 2020, it should fit 2021.
I checked into it, 2 people said I will not fit a 2021
Sponsored