Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So is it safe to say if I purchase the Knock off version of the 10th anniversary bumper it will fit the JL??
Can’t totally verify that the knock off one fits the JL, but the Mopar one did.

Scott
Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post and I actually installed this bumper less than 2 weeks ago. I wanted a stubby steel bumper for my 2018 Granite Rubi that I just bought in early Nov. 2020.

The bumper comes with no instructions, a few hardware bags, and everything else pictured above. The tow hooks didn’t fit my frame, but I was able to use the ones from my plastic bumper. The finish probably isn’t as good as Mopar, but I was able to touch up with VHT Wrinkle Plus and a heat gun to blend in where I scratched it during the install. The included fog lights electrical connection didn’t match the factory connection so I pulled out the led fog lights from my plastic bumper, secured them w/thick cable ties, and covered them in plastic wire loom for good measure. I also didn’t install the winch plate since there were no instructions. But plan on later. Although I’m sure someone on the forum likely will add a link to this post later. I also reused the plastic cover that covers the frame between the jumper and front end. I did order the Mopar steel skid plate and it also fit. I did have to use some of the hardware from the aftermarket bumper as the holes on the bumper aren’t threaded to use the Mopar skid plate bolts. I also ordered 1 1/8” plastic plugs from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

The customer service from the eBay company was actually very good. The responded to every email question I had that night. They are in China, but have several distributors in the US where the bumpers ship from. UPS actually lost the 1st shipment and they sent a second after the original due date past with no questions.

All in all I was able to save a few hundred $ over the Mopar stubby bumper and I’m happy with how it turned out. Here a few pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Why didn't the harness work on the fog's for you when I thought they were compatible for everyone else's?

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Sorry, I guess I got confused. I was referring to the eBay bumper that originally started this thread. Looks like there is now a 2nd variation of a similar bumper that has "Rubicon" printed on the fairlead plastic cover plate. I was talking about the former, not the latter (see the attached images of installed bumper). Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg
how is the finish holding up? Any rusting happening anywhere? I want to change my plastic Rubi bumper to a steel but even if I save $$ on this one I do not want any rusting spots I’d rather pay more for an oem then. Lmk

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Seems like the EBay seller is hustling. Alibaba has it for the low

96CCC520-FB6E-46A5-8B20-F171C5C036F1.png
Don't forget that is the price without anything added especially shipping from China to US

Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

how is the finish holding up? Any rusting happening anywhere? I want to change my plastic Rubi bumper to a steel but even if I save $$ on this one I do not want any rusting spots I’d rather pay more for an oem then. Lmk
I haven't noticed anything like that, but I live in sunny southern California and have had it only for a month or so. It just started to rain here this week. The time will show. However, if I could get an OEM take-off steel bumper on eBay for under $700, I'd go with that of course.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I haven't noticed anything like that, but I live in sunny southern California and have had it only for a month or so. It just started to rain here this week. The time will show. However, if I could get an OEM take-off steel bumper on eBay for under $700, I'd go with that of course.
There is a video on YouTube about the bumper rustingThere is a video on YouTube about the bumper rusting.

I think I’m going to go with MP concepts aluminum bumper I think I’m going to go with MP concepts aluminum bumper. It looks OEM it’s half the price and probably half to weight.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

There is a video on YouTube about the bumper rustingThere is a video on YouTube about the bumper rusting.

I think I’m going to go with MP concepts aluminum bumper I think I’m going to go with MP concepts aluminum bumper. It looks OEM it’s half the price and probably half to weight.

MP Concepts (in-house brand from Extreme Terrain) was my first choice, but this bumper was forever out of stock at the time. Would be interested to hear how this worked out for you and to see some pictures. Please share when you get a chance. Best!

Edit: Please note it comes without the grill guard tube bar ($180).

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys

I was considering the MPConcepts one as well. But I wasn't sure if the ends come off like the OEM version. Please let us know if you find something about this.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I was considering the MPConcepts one as well. But I wasn't sure if the ends come off like the OEM version. Please let us know if you find something about this.
They do

Sponsored

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
I was looking at the same bumper, I'm skeptical myself about it, I wonder about fitment and finish, DV8 makes one similar to OEM.

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
I was looking at the same bumper, I'm skeptical myself about it, I wonder about fitment and finish, DV8 makes one similar to OEM.
Honestly, the Dv8 one looks like a "rough first prototype". This MPConcepts looks clean. I too am very tempted. The only thing I am not concerned about is no one has come forward on the forum claiming to have successfully installed it and claiming to be happy with it.

Big bonus data point would be ... how much does it really weigh!

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Same Ebay steel bumper but purchased mine from Amazon for ease of return purposes. Have had it for about two months.

No complaints from me. Love the cost/look. Like how the there's a winch cover for the opening since I'm still looking. There were no provided instructions, so will probably have to remove bumper to evetually install provided winch mount.

Removed the end caps before my install. A few weeks ago I replaced the ends caps just to eyeball if I liked the look. Took them of and had a few scuff marks from me jamming it on. Replaced my halogen fog lights in the bumper instead of the provided LED due to not wanting to deal with wiring (not plug and play). Purchased the mopar crash can covers around the light ($15 plus shipping if I remember right) and replaced the provided ones cuz that senor opening (though i covered it) really bugged me. Also used factory black tow hooks instead of the provided red.

$390 bumper/winch plate and $40 for the covers. Just FYI bumper cost has gone up 3 times since I purchased mine. Friend bought same one for $419. Just checked today $440.

Took about 2hr solo for install using hand tools. Simple and clean look.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 16116930058201837147046003713685

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 16116929494468784115279909135872

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! IMG_20210112_142105_075

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
Honestly, the Dv8 one looks like a "rough first prototype". This MPConcepts looks clean. I too am very tempted. The only thing I am not concerned about is no one has come forward on the forum claiming to have successfully installed it and claiming to be happy with it.

Big bonus data point would be ... how much does it really weigh!
True, I also wonder it says it fits up to a 2020, I have a 2021
Sponsored