Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My Mopar 10th Anniversary front bumper fit my JL with slight reaming of the bolt holes. I don’t know that the winch plate would fit, and I really doubt the d-ring mounts would fit (but I haven’t done either so I could be wrong).

Scott
Sponsored

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
Yeah, I admit I forgot about the winch plate JK to JL. I know the bumper will fit and will be running it stubby so I’m not concerned there. I couldn’t find a takeoff steel bumper for less than $500 and nothing in my area so even if I have to get a different winch plate I’m fine with that.

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Finally finished up today. I went with an Apex Badlands 12k winch. It’s a large unit so I cut out a little section of the front lip to just after the holes so the bumper could slide all the way in. I think it looks even better without those holes.

The rope hole pass through had to be enlarged as well to avoid wearing the rope on the sharp metal. I still have a few to do’s:
  1. Order a Mopar fairlead plate to cover front (about $20)
  2. Get new fog light bezels to eliminate holes (about $40 for both)
  3. Trim or modify the winch mode selector handle because it hits the winch guard. I will either cut it or see if I can chop it and weld it back together with a 90 degree rotation change.

All in all I like the bumper but the paint on everything other than the bumper disintegrates if you look at it wrong. I will strip, sandblast, and have everything re-painted this summer.

I would buy this bumper again anytime and I think the winch looks great. Will look even better with Mopar Fairlead plate and Factor 55 Flat hook E.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1609623805815

Last edited:

Red-dawn

First Name
Fugi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Finally finished up today. I went with an Apex Badlands 12k winch. It’s a large unit so I cut out a little section of the front lip to just after the holes so the bumper could slide all the way in. I think it looks even better without those holes.

The rope hole pass through had to be enlarged as well to avoid wearing the rope on the sharp metal. I still have a few to do’s:
  2. Get new fog light bezels to eliminate holes (about $40 for both)
  3. Trim or modify the winch mode selector handle because it hits the winch guard. I will either cut it or see if I can chop it and weld it back together with a 90 degree rotation change.

All in all I like the bumper but the paint on everything other than the bumper disintegrates if you look at it wrong. I will strip, sandblast, and have everything re-painted this summer.

I would buy this bumper again anytime and I think the winch looks great. Will look even better with Mopar Fairlead plate and Factor 55 Flat hook E.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1609623805815
What tool did you use to cut the metal to fit the winch? Just a grinder?

Sponsored

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s

I’m about to mount winch onto my bumper but I’m missing the fair lead plate. Can I ask where you found one for $20?

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
I’m about to mount winch onto my bumper but I’m missing the fair lead plate. Can I ask where you found one for $20?
i went to order it and could not find it again. Cheapest I found was $33 when I searched the part number 82215528AB. Not sure if we are allowed to mention vendors on this site.

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
82215528AB
i went to order it and could not find it again. Cheapest I found was $33 when I searched the part number 82215528AB. Not sure if we are allowed to mention vendors on this site.
Ok, thanks, that’s what I found and wanted to confirm I was looking at the right part.

Bwil

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
ModMike any more Pictures of your install? Thanks

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
ModMike any more Pictures of your install? Thanks
I didn’t take any but would be happy to. What are you specifically interested in seeing or ascertaining?

Sponsored

Bwil

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I didn’t take any but would be happy to. What are you specifically interested in seeing or ascertaining?
Hi I was wondering if you have any more pictures of your setup at different angles? I am currently getting ready to install the same setup. Will the bumper not fit with the this winch? Thanks

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Hi I was wondering if you have any more pictures of your setup at different angles? I am currently getting ready to install the same setup. Will the bumper not fit with the this winch? Thanks
As I mentioned in my original post, the winch will fit with some cutting. I used a grinder to enlarge the bumpers top opening.

It is really easy, just cut a straight line just below the bolt holes of the top front lip. Then trim sides so they match and look nice. I also enlarged the fairlead hole so the rope doesn't rub on the steel. I removed enough so the the only thing the rope touches is the Fairlead itself.

I will post pictures tomorrow morning.

Red-dawn

First Name
Fugi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
When you fix the winch handle hitting the winch guard, let us know how you did it. Thanks

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
When you fix the winch handle hitting the winch guard, let us know how you did it. Thanks
I was toying with the idea of modelling the handle with a 90 degree shift and having my friend make one on his CNC.

I will probably cut the handle part to make it shorter.
Sponsored