Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Ordered mine a week ago and installed it this weekend. The packaging it came in was insufficient so both fog light bezels were all scratched up. Otherwise I don't have any issues with the bumper. Fits nicely and looks good.

For others that received damaged fog light bezels, what did you do to replace them?

2020-06-28_11-42-14_704.jpeg

2020-06-28_11-40-34_703.jpeg

2020-06-28_11-40-46_006.jpeg
I’ll sell you both of mine (a little less messed up than yours!) for $10 plus shipping from 02116. Or, Quadratec has the stock ones for about $16 each.
Sponsored

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’ll sell you both of mine (a little less messed up than yours!) for $10 plus shipping from 02116. Or, Quadratec has the stock ones for about $16 each.
Nice offer, but I went ahead and ordered them from Bamwholesale. Also installed the front tow loops.

936CF712-1FFD-4B44-9D74-93C3B1A1E08B.jpeg

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The trigger was pulled today, I'll be getting it in on Thursday next week and then install sometime after that. I'll update with photos when I receive it.

Mmtennent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2008 2 door Jeep Sport, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Mine came damaged as well and the seller sent me a new pair at no cost.

Breault720

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Have any of those who have installed this bumper also installed the steel skid plate? Any fitment issues?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It may have been posted earlier in this thread but may have missed it. Has anyone compared the weight of the OEM bumper vs. this Ebay model? Just wondering if there is any difference there, sure seems to be virtually identical to my untrained eye :)

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
Buy Mopar or after market
Seems these bumpers are getting damaged in shipping. What happens in a crash?
But we have all bought some car part(s) from overseas
Good Luck

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Seems these bumpers are getting damaged in shipping. What happens in a crash?
Worse than in shipping? All of us are talking about some scratches and minor dents, which is probably expected of a 100+ lb. steel bumper that is packed poorly and not handled well by the shipping company. No one said the bumper arrive crumpled.

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
scratch and dent sale anybody? or are they having you guys send them back?

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My only damage was the plastic bezels around the fog lights and they credited me $40 so I just ordered Mopar ones as replacements. Otherwise no real issues with the bumper.

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Anyone know if it's possible to remove/install the bully bar after installing the rest of the bumper, or does it have to be attached at install?

PensDevil

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Anyone know if it's possible to remove/install the bully bar after installing the rest of the bumper, or does it have to be attached at install?
I put my bar on after installing the bumper. It's a tight squeeze to get the nuts started inside the bumper, but doable.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Well i received my bumpers, of course the end caps are busted but i ordered new ones from quadratec. It’s gonna be fun figuring out how to install the winch plate and figure out where all the bolts go. But overall pretty satisfied with the seller E-Go Bike.

I’m lowkey thinking that the bumpers being sold are rejects or returns from dealers or people buying the OEM bumper.
Does the oem bumper have mopar branding on it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! FFC83F78-E6DA-45D6-A45B-97A6142B3A57

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
Mine arrived yesterday and I installed it today. I bought mine from Ebay seller Best-Autoparts. The box arrived in good condition so I was hopeful nothing inside was damaged. Just like most, one of the fog light bezels is scratched up as is the metal hoop bar and some smaller scratches on the middle/center plastic insert. Otherwise it's in good condition. I've contacted the seller who asked for pictures and I'm awaiting a response.

On to the installation. It comes with a ton of hardware that I didn't need as I'm not installing a winch. As mentioned there are no instructions included so I watched a video and if you're just swapping bumpers without a winch, there's not much to it. I checked that the fog lights worked before install and they seem very bright and match well with my factory LED lights. In order to use these lights you need to take the factory harness off the old bumper and "attach" it to the steel one. This requires removing about 20 small screws to pull apart the old bumper, pull out the factory plastic screws that hold it down and transfer it to the new bumper. There are a few holes in the steel bumper that fit the push screws, but not nearly enough and I ended up zip tying the excess wire. If anyone has a better solution, I'd love to hear about it. Mounting it just required lining up the 8 bolts to the frame. Easy enough right? Mine wouldn't line up on one side, while the other side was fine. I ended up needing to remove the fog bezel that gave me access to one of the bolt heads in the front and I backed it out completely. Once I did this the other 3 on that side slipped right in and I was able to screw back in the 4th bolt once the others were seated. I think it was just luck that the only bolt I had access to from the front did the trick. I installed the hoop after the fact and it wasn't an issue with the bumper mounted first. I plan to replace the hoop and the driver's bezel when the new one arrive (hopefully).

There doesn't seem to be a way to attach the air dam but I was able to re-use the original cover that goes between the grill and the bumper on top. It's only attached with 2 push tabs, but it will do for now. I'm sure I'll order the correct part soon. I ordered the plugs mentioned in this thread off Amazon and they fit just ok. There were 2 different sizes in mine and some needed a little duct tape on the threads before snapping them in for a tight fit.
I realized as I was putting things away that it includes brackets to mount your original fogs if you choose to.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 20200703_141600

Last edited:

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Well i received my bumpers, of course the end caps are busted but i ordered new ones from quadratec. It’s gonna be fun figuring out how to install the winch plate and figure out where all the bolts go. But overall pretty satisfied with the seller E-Go Bike.

I’m lowkey thinking that the bumpers being sold are rejects or returns from dealers or people buying the OEM bumper.
Does the oem bumper have mopar branding on it?

FFC83F78-E6DA-45D6-A45B-97A6142B3A57.jpeg
My bumper was purchased from the dealer. It has Mopar labeling on the inside along with serial numbers. It is as far I can tell an exact replacement for the OEM optioned bumpers.
Sponsored