Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I think the eBay one was a little bit more smoother than the Mopar one Quality wise I think they were both the same. For me it was that the holes were a bit off and it was dented , like its steel did they drop it off a building ? had that not been a factor I probably would have kept it
I appreciate the updated information. Crash worthiness and quality of finish are still concerns.
Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Regarding the fog light situation... I've got factory LEDs and would love to reuse them, or at the very least upgrade to the factory versions that do fit. Does anyone know if or which version of the Factory LED fogs will work?

I guess the confirmation I'm looking for is that the mounting provisions are identical to those from the Mopar version of the bumper.
Bumping this question. Neither seller of the two bumpers linked knows the answer.

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT
https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...lrAksUI2BumyW4k_nGiYYeesP5AvdwkhoCwZoQAvD_BwE

these brackets will allow you to use JW Speaker fogs in the Rubicon bumper... will probably work with the LED from the plastic rubicon bumper... you might need to pull the wiring loom off your old bumper... BTW.. these eBay bumpers are probably made by the exact same factory as the OEM. I just purchased a mopar performance bumper and it was made in China... and looks made exactly like my AEV bumper off my JK...

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! B6936F91-A2C6-441E-BD19-7D0C3EEC16CF

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
So I placed an order for one of these yesterday and less than 30 minutes later I got my first Craigslist hit on an oem bumper in weeks.

I ended up buying a basically new Mopar bumper and the steel skid for $600 and a 30 minute drive.

I’m happy with it as I don’t have to wait 3-4 weeks before getting the Chinese version. Just throwing this out there as another option.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
The estimated delivery time says June 15-17.. how long did it take you guys to get yours?

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
I got mine within 4 days. Seems to be shipping from CA which is probably why I got it fast.
Perfect. Thanks.

FYI—eBay sent me a coupon <1 week ago for 10% off. I just placed my order and the coupon worked just fine. Code was ALL4TEN for those on the fence. Expires tomorrow—don’t know if it would still work as I just used it, but worth a shot.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
I have read this full post but am still not sure if I need anything else (other than what comes with the ebay bumpers) to remount my stock LED fog lamps that are in my plastic bumper right now. Any help is appreciated and if I overlooked this already stated, my apologies.

Sponsored

agc6572

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have read this full post but am still not sure if I need anything else (other than what comes with the ebay bumpers) to remount my stock LED fog lamps that are in my plastic bumper right now. Any help is appreciated and if I overlooked this already stated, my apologies.
This is a complete package for the most part. It comes with a new set of LED's and they're pretty good in my opinion. You will need to transfer the LED harness from your stock bumper to the new steel bumper. It's pretty simple nothing too complicated.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I am happy for everyone who was able to make this bumper work. I do find it very suspicious as it looks exactly like the Mopar bumper and is listed as "unbranded". This screams of patent theft to me, someone making knockoffs, or even just circumventing licensing agreements between FCA and the factory making the bumpers officially to buy "run-offs". Usually when a product is a legal, legitimate product but not otherwise sold by the company with the rights to it, the item will be sold under the trade name but with things like "run offs" or "blemished" and acknowledge that a company like Jeep/FCA is the original product holder. But I don't see any of that here or with other listings like this.

Even if it works, should people be supporting theft of American intellectual property?

Last edited:

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
This is a complete package for the most part. It comes with a new set of LED's and they're pretty good in my opinion. You will need to transfer the LED harness from your stock bumper to the new steel bumper. It's pretty simple nothing too complicated.
OK cool thanks. If I wanted to use the stock LEDs, docyou know if that is possible?

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Even if it works, should people be supporting theft of American intellectual property?
The bumper and lights are made in China. It’s probably the exact same factory, selling an unbranded version. Perhaps it was designed in America, but as someone else pointed out, if this factory can afford to make this bumper and profit off it even with free shipping, Mopar is making a killing and passing none of it to the consumer. I also understand developing IP costs something, but the bumper costs half what Mopar charges. It’s pretty clear they should be more reasonable with their pricing. It’s not even made here.
Sponsored