Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Following..
Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
What’s with the holes in the crash cans?

Sponsored

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
I reached out to the seller to ask whether or not he offered a skid to go with this or if the OEM skid would work in tandem with the bumper. He did get back to me to indicate that he did not have a skid to pair with this. He "Thought" the OEM would work but could not confirm as they did no test fits.

I guess if you are ok with the sensor holes and a *maybe for the OEM skid it IS an option that provides good savings. That said, protecting my steering components is important in my decision, so Im gonna pass on this~

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
quadratec does have those fog lamp bezels for $13 ea

Last edited:

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Very interested. I would just fill the holes with dummy sensors or something if people here say quality is good.
I have definitely seen someone on this forum with the bumper because someone asked why there were holes in the crash cans also

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested. I would just fill the holes with dummy sensors or something if people here say quality is good.
I have definitely seen someone on this forum with the bumper because someone asked why there were holes in the crash cans also
Here it is installed
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bright-white-wrangler-jl-club.1753/post-1086356

Also -forum members filled sensor holes in rear steel bumpers with plugs from Lowe’s if I remember correctly.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is installed
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bright-white-wrangler-jl-club.1753/post-1086356

Also -forum members filled sensor holes in rear steel bumpers with plugs from Lowe’s if I remember correctly.
This is absurd, that Maxiums-3 tow loop is $150 alone, and LED fog lights, and bull bar, and fog lights. This set can cost easily $1,500 if you get all original.

This is why we loose in 2020, Chinese can make all these and ship for $425, and still make decent profit after eBay fee.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I reached out to the seller to ask whether or not he offered a skid to go with this or if the OEM skid would work in tandem with the bumper. He did get back to me to indicate that he did not have a skid to pair with this. He "Thought" the OEM would work but could not confirm as they did no test fits.

I guess if you are ok with the sensor holes and a *maybe for the OEM skid it IS an option that provides good savings. That said, protecting my steering components is important in my decision, so Im gonna pass on this~
Mopar makes the OEM steel bumpers in China, and I wouldn’t be surprised these are the real thing but they just “fell off the trucks” or the factory runs extra batches for side profit etc. this is a very common occurrence over there.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
This is absurd, that Maxiums-3 tow loop is $150 alone, and LED fog lights, and bull bar, and fog lights. This set can cost easily $1,500 if you get all original.

This is why we loose in 2020, Chinese can make all these and ship for $425, and still make decent profit after eBay fee.
Agree. CRAZY
Sponsored