Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

Breault720

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
Installed this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373635502082?var=642647799941
Used my bull bar as it was made for this bumper, had my lights attached and was a way better bar than the one than came. Ordered without fog lights and use the set I was running.
1027211543_HDR.jpg
1028210821_HDR.jpg
Swamped everything I could. Cut the top part off the skid plate and got it to work. Happy so far.
What bar is that that you swapped over?
Sponsored

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Same bar. I had bough it off e-bay and installed it on the stock bumper. Much better made. Looked at one end of the one that came with the bumper and knew I was sticking with this one.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
After owning this bumper for 18 months, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd buy a takeoff or pay full price for a new OEM bumper. The finish is terrible and all of the allen screws on the top are rusted and there are several spots of rust on the top of the bumper as well. One of the rust spots has already corroded off some metal. The bumper was a PIA to install and the bumper hoop was scratched up along with the plastic inserts. I ended up buying a Maximus bar and had to buy new plastic inserts as well after receiving a small credit from the seller after I sent pictures of the damage. I just spent some time respraying the affected areas and screws and it looks passable again. Buyer beware.

Peanutburg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Need some help with this install. Can’t seem to get the winch plate to line up level with the included brackets. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! BCA0EC9B-A750-495A-98F5-4ABB6E60695E
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 4E8DAA8C-4C8F-4A66-A9A1-45FBFF872E82

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help with this install. Can’t seem to get the winch plate to line up level with the included brackets. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 4E8DAA8C-4C8F-4A66-A9A1-45FBFF872E82
Make sure they didn't send you a JK plate. Amazon sent me an Arcus front bumper for a JL when I ordered one for my JK. I spent hours trying to figure out how I was going to modify it to fit before I discovered the issue. I returned it and they sent the right one and it fit perfectly. That's probably not it, but it is worth a check.

Peanutburg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure they didn't send you a JK plate. Amazon sent me an Arcus front bumper for a JL when I ordered one for my JK. I spent hours trying to figure out how I was going to modify it to fit before I discovered the issue. I returned it and they sent the right one and it fit perfectly. That's probably not it, but it is worth a check.
Thanks for the heads up. This could very well be it. It is definitely not lining up like the others shown in this thread.

Peanutburg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

For anyone else still looking these two videos are the most complete that I’ve found. The mp concept bumpers use the same exact brackets and winch plate and also require the removal of fog lights. It also goes over the install of the skid plate which seems tricky if you’re also adding a winch to tighten down the riv nuts.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

For anyone else still looking these two videos are the most complete that I’ve found. The mp concept bumpers use the same exact brackets and winch plate and also require the removal of fog lights. It also goes over the install of the skid plate which seems tricky if you’re also adding a winch to tighten down the riv nuts.
I see that weighs only 41lbs. Is that lighter than the Mopar steel front bumper?

Peanutburg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that weighs only 41lbs. Is that lighter than the Mopar steel front bumper?
that is the aluminum version from mp concepts. I’m really curious if these kuafus are just some steel versions they produced before these because they are so similar.

Sponsored

Peanutburg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well got it all installed. Anyone else looking at these I would recommend going a different route. The cost savings just isn’t worth it. Especially if you plan on installing a winch. I have a 2021 JL rubi 3.6 and the winch plate didn’t line up well for me at all. I plan on going to a different winch plate at some point but for now it’s functional. If you just want to throw it on for the look it does that just fine. But for someone planning on doing serious off roading with recovery situations I don’t know how confident I feel in the winch plate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 71F65D3A-7536-48FC-BBF4-CF7EFD55C406

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
After owning this bumper for 18 months, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd buy a takeoff or pay full price for a new OEM bumper. The finish is terrible and all of the allen screws on the top are rusted and there are several spots of rust on the top of the bumper as well. One of the rust spots has already corroded off some metal. The bumper was a PIA to install and the bumper hoop was scratched up along with the plastic inserts. I ended up buying a Maximus bar and had to buy new plastic inserts as well after receiving a small credit from the seller after I sent pictures of the damage. I just spent some time respraying the affected areas and screws and it looks passable again. Buyer beware.
Possible for an image or two?

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
I've already touched it up, should have taken pics before. Sorry

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Three video's about the Kuafu bumper.

Showing some rust after a year, but if you stay on top of it, it still may be worth it. Both presenters still think the cost make it a 'no brainer' purchase.

Am leaning toward it myself, but would deff prep and paint it - as Kentucky HW did - before install.

The only thing I'm really leary of is the strength of the included winch plate. I'm a 2 door so not moving tons of metal, but you never know who you might have to help recover in some overweight beast.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Three video's about the Kuafu bumper.

Showing some rust after a year, but if you stay on top of it, it still may be worth it. Both presenters still think the cost make's it a 'no brainer' purchase.

Am leaning toward it myself, but would deff prep and paint it - as Kentucky HW did - before install.

The only thing I'm really leary of is the strength of the included winch plate. I'm a 2 door so not moving tons of metal, but you never know who you might have to help recover in some overweight beast.
I'm in the rust belt so I'd never buy it, but if rust wasn't as much if a concern, I'd consider it but I'd absolutely keep my OEM front recovery hooks with it (I saw a user bent the ones included with the knockoff bumper) and toss the winch plate in the garbage and replace with a reputable brand one.

I got lucky and found a MOPAR takeoff one from a local fella for about half of MSRP, which is the best route IMO.
Sponsored