Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
The vendors are just too lazy to update their listings for the new model year.

I just reached out about one for sale on ebay (link below) and asked why it fits the 2020, but not the 2021 and their only reply was "Sorry, it doesn't fit a 2021.β€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€β€Œβ€β€Œβ€β€β€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€Œ"

So not sure if it is lazy vs uninformed. But I'm not chancing it. Looks like I'll have to spend a a grand to piece together a MOPAR rear steel bumper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324082656046?ul_noapp=true
Sponsored

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I just reached out about one for sale on ebay (link below) and asked why it fits the 2020, but not the 2021 and their only reply was "Sorry, it doesn't fit a 2021.β€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€β€Œβ€β€Œβ€β€β€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€Œβ€Œβ€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€β€Œ"

So not sure if it is lazy vs uninformed. But I'm not chancing it. Looks like I'll have to spend a a grand to piece together a MOPAR rear steel bumper.

I have seen Rubicon take off rear steel bumper for as low as 175. I got mine in great condition for that price. You should be able to find something even less than the ebay bumper.

For example:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/factory-steel-rear-bumper.71418/

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
While that seller was "local pickup only" that is a promising sign. OK... I'll be patient. Guess I can since I don't even have the jeep yet!

Thank you.
Dont worry, you will be surprised how cheap the rear takeoffs will come to be. The guy that sold me my bumper was just happy I cleared out room in his garage and even drove 30 miles to deliver it to me for free (should've asked him to install it for me too if my car wasn't in the shop at the time).

Even my oem mopar steel front bumper (new condition) only cost me 300 bucks off ebay. Take your time looking for deals.

brandonzach

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Unlimited
Just got a Amazon steel bumper installed this weekend on my 2021 4XE. The style and gauge of steel seem are very close to what I remember on my 2018 JL. The only negative I see is the paint quality which many probably won't notice but my previous career in Auto Collision Repair has made it impossible for me not to notice every little detail. lol
For the money, it's hard to beat what this bumper comes with but I've got a couple questions that hopefully someone with this bumper can answer. I apologize if they have been asked somewhere else in this thread that I didn't see.

1. Could someone please measure the gap from the top of the bumper to the grille? To me it looks like my bumper is hanging out further than my previous 18' OEM steel bumper. I've got a measurement of 2.75 inches at the closest point. This gap will look better with the filler panel and winch installed, but it just seems to hang out there a ways. I've attached a couple pictures for reference.

2. Does anybody know of spray paint that matches the OEM steel bumper very closely? I'd like to recoat this bumper before final install and would like it to be the same color as the rear bumper and fenders.

Thank you all in advance!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! tempImagelZbef

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! tempImageo9CYd7

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a Amazon steel bumper installed this weekend on my 2021 4XE. The style and gauge of steel seem are very close to what I remember on my 2018 JL. The only negative I see is the paint quality which many probably won't notice but my previous career in Auto Collision Repair has made it impossible for me not to notice every little detail. lol
For the money, it's hard to beat what this bumper comes with but I've got a couple questions that hopefully someone with this bumper can answer. I apologize if they have been asked somewhere else in this thread that I didn't see.

1. Could someone please measure the gap from the top of the bumper to the grille? To me it looks like my bumper is hanging out further than my previous 18' OEM steel bumper. I've got a measurement of 2.75 inches at the closest point. This gap will look better with the filler panel and winch installed, but it just seems to hang out there a ways. I've attached a couple pictures for reference.

2. Does anybody know of spray paint that matches the OEM steel bumper very closely? I'd like to recoat this bumper before final install and would like it to be the same color as the rear bumper and fenders.

Thank you all in advance!!
Looks great. Do you have the Amazon link for the bumper? Can't find it. Thanks.

brandonzach

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Unlimited

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I just order a second one for my 2021 JLUR. Had one on my 2020 and found it to be rather a good dollar value aftermarket bumper.

Sponsored

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but you can check out a more "legitimate" aluminum copy by MP Concepts that costs ~$770.

Also, willing to bet the ebay special fits a 2021 fine, Fsttanks will have to keep us informed once he gets his.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe