Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

cavguy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone know if the end caps from the China bumper will fit on the Mopar bumper?

Advertisement

kledzik44

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
Installed on my Jeep this past weekend
IMG_8121.JPG
tempImagezPtYwt.png
tempImage1byfNl.png
tempImageGnG4Qj.png
. Originally purchased from Amazon, received it in 2 days in Maryland. Bumper arrived with just a few small nicks, particularly where I took the end caps off but nothing too drastic. Used random rustoleum matte black touch up paint to cover it, doesn't look perfect but you can't tell from a few feet away. I Used the light brackets the bumper came with to install my factory LEDs but the hardware that comes with them kinda sucks so I will probably have to replace at some point. I have zip ties in there now so the lights aren't perfectly aligned. Also installed the Mopar skid plate, the Mopar fairlead plate to over the holes and a Warn Evo 10S on the winch plate that came with the bumper. Everything fit great, time will tell how the winch plate holds up. I tested it with just the weight of the Jeep up a slight incline and seemed to do okay.

Overall definitely worth it for the price, between the bumper and skid plate it only cost about 650.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Installed on my Jeep this past weekend
IMG_8121.JPG
tempImagezPtYwt.png
tempImage1byfNl.png
tempImageGnG4Qj.png
. Originally purchased from Amazon, received it in 2 days in Maryland. Bumper arrived with just a few small nicks, particularly where I took the end caps off but nothing too drastic. Used random rustoleum matte black touch up paint to cover it, doesn't look perfect but you can't tell from a few feet away. I Used the light brackets the bumper came with to install my factory LEDs but the hardware that comes with them kinda sucks so I will probably have to replace at some point. I have zip ties in there now so the lights aren't perfectly aligned. Also installed the Mopar skid plate, the Mopar fairlead plate to over the holes and a Warn Evo 10S on the winch plate that came with the bumper. Everything fit great, time will tell how the winch plate holds up. I tested it with just the weight of the Jeep up a slight incline and seemed to do okay.

Overall definitely worth it for the price, between the bumper and skid plate it only cost about 650.
IMG_3472.jpg

Looks awesome! Nice wheels too! I put the same one on mine about 3 weeks ago. I ordered from Amazon and after a week it still hadn't shipped, so I cancelled and ordered from ebay. I got the front and rear. I used the foglights that came with the bumper and they're even brighter than stock. I'm not sure how long they'll last or if they'll fill up with water or something, so it's in the back of my mind that I might have to replace them with OEM LED fogs for a steel bumper down the road.

I don't have a winch yet but I love the way it looks with the winch in there. Is that the Evo 10S?

maguro

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Damn I want this at its price point so bad!

has anybody managed to get one to Canada? If so, how? And was it costly?
Same here. It's too bad the border is closed or I'd happily have it shipped there to pick it up.

Yardstick

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLURD, Tundra, 4Runner, Tacoma
For those who are seeing rust with these Ebay/Amazon bumpers - would you have expected to see rust on the factory steel bumpers with the same scratches/pitting? I'm wondering if it's any worse than the way a factory bumper would react under the same conditions.

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Anyone know if the end caps from the China bumper will fit on the Mopar bumper?
They should. I replaced mine with the Mopar end caps and they fit fine. If you want my takeoffs, I'm willing to sell them for $100 including shipping. It would just be the end caps though, I reused the bolts.

cavguy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They should. I replaced mine with the Mopar end caps and they fit fine. If you want my takeoffs, I'm willing to sell them for $100 including shipping. It would just be the end caps though, I reused the bolts.
Good to know! I actually picked up a pair of China end caps for free and maybe will stumble across a MOPAR stubby bumper one day.

jludave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Vehicle Showcase

ModMike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Would this JK version work ok? This is one of the few bumpers that ship to canada.

I believe the JK and JL bumpers are interchangeable

Anyone have any experience?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264850103378
If you are in the greater Montreal area, you can have it shipped to Halfway house freight forwarding in Dundee.

their building sits right on the border so they have a US address and a Canadian address for same building.

they charge about 7.00 a package and are open Saturdays.
When you leave, you go through Canadian customs and pay the taxes.

I use them all the time.

imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
If you are in the greater Montreal area, you can have it shipped to Halfway house freight forwarding in Dundee.

their building sits right on the border so they have a US address and a Canadian address for same building.

they charge about 7.00 a package and are open Saturdays.
When you leave, you go through Canadian customs and pay the taxes.

I use them all the time.
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised there's not more regulation govering this.

ModMike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
That's pretty cool. I'm surprised there's not more regulation govering this.
Theres nothing shady about it, the whole setup is a quirk of history. The house was on the Quebec side 100 years ago and when the border moved it split the house so an accommodation was issued.

They receive US packages from the US side and we get them from the Canadian side. When you leave you are funnelled to customs where you declare what you have.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement