Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
You can always sand and repaint the rust spots. Little bit of work but still half the cost of mopar
Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Since you are about to embark on the install, it would be very helpful if you weighed the new and the original ones as you go about it. It will be interesting to see if you experience any "sag" as a result of the increased net weight. Thanks.
I have to say I had to move to the garage the box that it came in and it was unexpectedly heavier than I thought.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I have to say I had to move to the garage the box that it came in and it was unexpectedly heavier than I thought.

I also just bought an OEM steel bumper and it is definitely on the heavy side (needed 2 people to load it into my truck). I would venture a guess that it is about 50-60 lbs. I'm also putting on the OEM steel skid plate which adds another 30 lbs. Waiting for warmer weather to get everything installed. Also will be putting on a rear OEM steel bumper to balance the rake. The rear is about 50 lbs or so (have to think about how to fit the bumper end cap on my Sahara).

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I also just bought an OEM steel bumper and it is definitely on the heavy side (needed 2 people to load it into my truck). I would venture a guess that it is about 50-60 lbs. I'm also putting on the OEM steel skid plate which adds another 30 lbs. Waiting for warmer weather to get everything installed. Also will be putting on a rear OEM steel bumper to balance the rake. The rear is about 50 lbs or so (have to think about how to fit the bumper end cap on my Sahara).
I'm going to say it's heavier than 50-60 lbs, unless I really got weaker, lol,

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I'm going to say it's heavier than 50-60 lbs, unless I really got weaker, lol,

I just went to put the bumper on the scale... it read 82lbs. So you didn't get weaker.

Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

So I finally decide to order one of the non-OEM Rubi front bumpers and find that they are out of stock both on ebay and Amazon for the sellers that have been mentioned. Anyone have another vendor/seller that they would recommend? Or do I try to be patient and wait for one of these to come back in stock?
As always, appreciate the help and support on this forum!!
Looks like the eBay bumpers are back in stock again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-2...on-Front-Bumper-w-LED-Fog-Lights/114129178387

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Bump...rangler-JL-Rubicon-3-Piece-Steel/193371096564

Sponsored

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Can’t totally verify that the knock off one fits the JL, but the Mopar one did.

Scott
Fits the JL perfectly, has been confirmed multiple times in this JL thread.

Also it bolted right up on my Willys JL.

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Same Ebay steel bumper but purchased mine from Amazon for ease of return purposes. Have had it for about two months.

No complaints from me. Love the cost/look. Like how the there's a winch cover for the opening since I'm still looking. There were no provided instructions, so will probably have to remove bumper to evetually install provided winch mount.

Removed the end caps before my install. A few weeks ago I replaced the ends caps just to eyeball if I liked the look. Took them of and had a few scuff marks from me jamming it on. Replaced my halogen fog lights in the bumper instead of the provided LED due to not wanting to deal with wiring (not plug and play). Purchased the mopar crash can covers around the light ($15 plus shipping if I remember right) and replaced the provided ones cuz that senor opening (though i covered it) really bugged me. Also used factory black tow hooks instead of the provided red.

$390 bumper/winch plate and $40 for the covers. Just FYI bumper cost has gone up 3 times since I purchased mine. Friend bought same one for $419. Just checked today $440.

Took about 2hr solo for install using hand tools. Simple and clean look.
16116930058201837147046003713685.jpg

16116929494468784115279909135872.jpg

IMG_20210112_142105_075.jpg

Hey, do you have a part number for mopar crash can covers?

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I also ordered 1 1/8” plastic plugs from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Looks great! I'm about to pull the trigger on this bumper. Do you have a link for the plugs that you used to fill the sensor holes? They look really flush. Your post references 1 1/8" but other posts reference 1 1/4" plugs. Thanks!

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package