Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Not sure- maybe but with some trimming. I bought the jct offroad skid. It looks better than the plastic and is solid steel so should be durable on trail.
the plastic skid plate won’t fit unfortunately
Sponsored

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Don’t rubicons come with a steel skid plate under the plastic skid plate? I could have sworn mine has both but i could be wrong
Kinda, they have a smaller skid plate to protect the sway bar disconnect. I did run mine that way with no issues until I put the Mopar steel skid plate on.

Red-dawn

First Name
Fugi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post and I actually installed this bumper less than 2 weeks ago. I wanted a stubby steel bumper for my 2018 Granite Rubi that I just bought in early Nov. 2020.

The bumper comes with no instructions, a few hardware bags, and everything else pictured above. The tow hooks didn’t fit my frame, but I was able to use the ones from my plastic bumper. The finish probably isn’t as good as Mopar, but I was able to touch up with VHT Wrinkle Plus and a heat gun to blend in where I scratched it during the install. The included fog lights electrical connection didn’t match the factory connection so I pulled out the led fog lights from my plastic bumper, secured them w/thick cable ties, and covered them in plastic wire loom for good measure. I also didn’t install the winch plate since there were no instructions. But plan on later. Although I’m sure someone on the forum likely will add a link to this post later. I also reused the plastic cover that covers the frame between the jumper and front end. I did order the Mopar steel skid plate and it also fit. I did have to use some of the hardware from the aftermarket bumper as the holes on the bumper aren’t threaded to use the Mopar skid plate bolts. I also ordered 1 1/8” plastic plugs from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

The customer service from the eBay company was actually very good. The responded to every email question I had that night. They are in China, but have several distributors in the US where the bumpers ship from. UPS actually lost the 1st shipment and they sent a second after the original due date past with no questions.

All in all I was able to save a few hundred $ over the Mopar stubby bumper and I’m happy with how it turned out. Here a few pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Kinda, they have a smaller skid plate to protect the sway bar disconnect. I did run mine that way with no issues until I put the Mopar steel skid plate on.
thank you!

Red-dawn

First Name
Fugi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post and I actually installed this bumper less than 2 weeks ago. I wanted a stubby steel bumper for my 2018 Granite Rubi that I just bought in early Nov. 2020.

The bumper comes with no instructions, a few hardware bags, and everything else pictured above. The tow hooks didn’t fit my frame, but I was able to use the ones from my plastic bumper. The finish probably isn’t as good as Mopar, but I was able to touch up with VHT Wrinkle Plus and a heat gun to blend in where I scratched it during the install. The included fog lights electrical connection didn’t match the factory connection so I pulled out the led fog lights from my plastic bumper, secured them w/thick cable ties, and covered them in plastic wire loom for good measure. I also didn’t install the winch plate since there were no instructions. But plan on later. Although I’m sure someone on the forum likely will add a link to this post later. I also reused the plastic cover that covers the frame between the jumper and front end. I did order the Mopar steel skid plate and it also fit. I did have to use some of the hardware from the aftermarket bumper as the holes on the bumper aren’t threaded to use the Mopar skid plate bolts. I also ordered 1 1/8” plastic plugs from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

The customer service from the eBay company was actually very good. The responded to every email question I had that night. They are in China, but have several distributors in the US where the bumpers ship from. UPS actually lost the 1st shipment and they sent a second after the original due date past with no questions.

All in all I was able to save a few hundred $ over the Mopar stubby bumper and I’m happy with how it turned out. Here a few pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Do you have a link or a part number for the mopar skid plate?

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
First minor issue. One of my fog lights has fogged up. The exact lights on Amazon are $49 for the pair. I may end up just buying another set and doing some surgery on the housing to add some custom waterproofing if they don't clear up.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

finallygot around to installing the rear on mine over weekend. FYI it is amuch bigger job than the front and I was not anticipating that at all. The backup sensors seem to work fine, and I used the plastic bezels that came with the bumper with a dab of glue to hold them tightly in place. Turned out great. Downside is the metal is not perfectly straight on the top side so if you look close enough you can see some minor variations.I got more than I paid for on the front bumper, got exactly what I paid for on the rear. Also I couldnt get the leds to light up so those are just unkhooked, then again the stocker did not light up either so eh, no biggie.
Congrats on finishing it up. Please post some close-up pics when you have a chance.

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone recovered with this yet? Any issues with poor metal?

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
Should have ordered mine a couple months ago, they are over $700 now for the front and rear bumper

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
I purchased my bumper in August but only got it now because I shipped it to my US freight forwarder and was not able to get it delivered until last week. I usually pick and clear my items personally but the the US / Canada has been closed since June because of Covid.

When I finally got to open the box, I was quite impressed. The seller I bought from turned out to be E-go bike as well. Everything arrived in perfect condition.

The winch plate looks like a copy of the JCROffroad one:

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1609004716242

The fairlead trim plate shown at the bottom of the picture isn’t included so unless I can get it separately, the front will look ugly. I may just cut out the plastic cap to fit around the fairlead.

One Gladiator owner said he had to grind some of the top inside lip of the bumper to accommodate the width of the ever popular Apex Badlands 12,000 LB Winch. I also have this winch.

Did anyone install it on this bumper. If so, any issues, tips, or tricks?

Last edited:

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Can anyone please link to the most accurate install instructions for the front bumper (JLU Rubicon)? I am getting mine in a couple of weeks. Thank you!

Last edited:

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Also avaliable on Amazon now. Received mine on the 12/24. Took 3 days shipping from Oakland, Ca to Orange County. Was cautious like everyone else but the return policy is standard Amazon.
Install tomorrow. I'll post here for any issues.
Screenshot_20201226-114944_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored