Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Has anyone bought the eBay rear bumper and confirmed it plays well with backup sensors? I understand you would also need to buy the metal bumper sensor bezels.
finallygot around to installing the rear on mine over weekend. FYI it is amuch bigger job than the front and I was not anticipating that at all. The backup sensors seem to work fine, and I used the plastic bezels that came with the bumper with a dab of glue to hold them tightly in place. Turned out great. Downside is the metal is not perfectly straight on the top side so if you look close enough you can see some minor variations.I got more than I paid for on the front bumper, got exactly what I paid for on the rear. Also I couldnt get the leds to light up so those are just unkhooked, then again the stocker did not light up either so eh, no biggie.
Sponsored

HPCobra

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible, 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
After I had mine all installed, used wiring from plastic bumper for the fog lights. When the lights didn't work, I went into the menu and turned on the DRL's. That did the trick they have been working ever since.

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
After I had mine all installed, used wiring from plastic bumper for the fog lights. When the lights didn't work, I went into the menu and turned on the DRL's. That did the trick they have been working ever since.
note I was referring to the rear bumper red/reflective leds that have a red and black wire for hookup. Is that what you are talking about or are you referring to the fogs in front bumper?

HPCobra

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible, 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Fog lights in the front bumper.......

Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Nope. I am planning on cautiously wheeling for the next one year. Giving myself more time in the hope that other bumpers will show up. I honestly don't like the looks of any out there besides the OEM steel.
Agreed OEM looks the best! I like aluminum for weight savings. Not sure how it will do off-road compared to steel.

Sponsored

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Well I installed the rear bumper and thought the backup sensors were working but now they are acting up. Can anyone tell me if the clip on the sensors points up or down on their stock bumper? I positioned mine “up” but may not have paid enough attention to how they were positioned in the stock bumper and am wondering if they are scanning “up” instead of down on the ground. Picture shows back of bumper, right side up, and how the wire loom comes out the top positioning. Should this be rotated 180 degrees?
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 706B595A-3DBA-46E0-AB89-E96304954976
Any help is much appreciated.

Red-dawn

First Name
Fugi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Does anyone know if the skid plate on a rubicon with the plastic bumper will fit with this bumper?

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Does anyone know if the skid plate on a rubicon with the plastic bumper will fit with this bumper?
Not sure- maybe but with some trimming. I bought the jct offroad skid. It looks better than the plastic and is solid steel so should be durable on trail.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post and I actually installed this bumper less than 2 weeks ago. I wanted a stubby steel bumper for my 2018 Granite Rubi that I just bought in early Nov. 2020.

The bumper comes with no instructions, a few hardware bags, and everything else pictured above. The tow hooks didn’t fit my frame, but I was able to use the ones from my plastic bumper. The finish probably isn’t as good as Mopar, but I was able to touch up with VHT Wrinkle Plus and a heat gun to blend in where I scratched it during the install. The included fog lights electrical connection didn’t match the factory connection so I pulled out the led fog lights from my plastic bumper, secured them w/thick cable ties, and covered them in plastic wire loom for good measure. I also didn’t install the winch plate since there were no instructions. But plan on later. Although I’m sure someone on the forum likely will add a link to this post later. I also reused the plastic cover that covers the frame between the jumper and front end. I did order the Mopar steel skid plate and it also fit. I did have to use some of the hardware from the aftermarket bumper as the holes on the bumper aren’t threaded to use the Mopar skid plate bolts. I also ordered 1 1/8” plastic plugs from Amazon to fill the sensor holes.

The customer service from the eBay company was actually very good. The responded to every email question I had that night. They are in China, but have several distributors in the US where the bumpers ship from. UPS actually lost the 1st shipment and they sent a second after the original due date past with no questions.

All in all I was able to save a few hundred $ over the Mopar stubby bumper and I’m happy with how it turned out. Here a few pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored