Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
The plastic fog bezels install with rivets included in the shipment, correct? We don't need to buy them?

5thofJuly

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The plastic fog bezels install with rivets included in the shipment, correct? We don't need to buy them?
Mine didn’t include rivets, but the replacement mopar ones snap in fairly securely.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The winch plate also mounts to the frame using the two “L” brackets and 6 of the large nuts and bolts and 12 washers. The l brackets go under the plate and mount in the slot using 2 nuts/bolts on each side. The bracket should be angled back to the frame and there are holes in the frame that the bracket bolts to. You didn’t say if you had installed a winch yet but if you did don’t winch until you put those brackets in. I set my winch in while the bumper was still loose and just had nuts barely threaded into one stud on each side. I’m not sure I could have gotten it in if it had been tight. Also use some zip ties to help secure and align the winch plate before trying to mount the bumper.
I could tell you 10 other ways not to do it!
I don’t have a winch yet, so no winch installed. I wouldn’t trust it without the brackets that go on the inside. And what is that part labeled winch tool in one of the replies with the parts list. It looks like a giant flag nut.
So i went through the boxes again, I’m assuming this is the L bracket you’re referring to? And what’s the bracket under it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 1AD69D55-3114-498E-911A-A825EC14D42E

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Figured I’d share some photos, the front looks pretty spot on but the rear is only missing the end caps. Solution might be rubi fenders so that the end caps meet the fender.

I wired up the little red LEDs in the rear to the license plate light as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! D902510A-735B-4E2E-A013-3B5316C46309

2D5D8435-E75F-4681-87B6-C88D036B43EF.jpeg

2C8DCE08-F86D-401B-B2C1-530F402E6464.jpeg

Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I don’t have a winch yet, so no winch installed. I wouldn’t trust it without the brackets that go on the inside. And what is that part labeled winch tool in one of the replies with the parts list. It looks like a giant flag nut.
So i went through the boxes again, I’m assuming this is the L bracket you’re referring to? And what’s the bracket under it?
1AD69D55-3114-498E-911A-A825EC14D42E.jpeg
The top are the L brackets. The other two brackets are for the license plate I believe. I didn’t use them as they are not compatible with a winch. Oh and I never did find a use for the flag but. I tried to use them to make installing the bracket easier as it is a bit tight in the frame where you bolt the L brackets to but I found out that is one way you don’t do it.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The top are the L brackets. The other two brackets are for the license plate I believe. I didn’t use them as they are not compatible with a winch. Oh and I never did find a use for the flag but. I tried to use them to make installing the bracket easier as it is a bit tight in the frame where you bolt the L brackets to but I found out that is one way you don’t do it.
Thanks, whenever I add a winch I’ll be sure to figure out how the brackets go on the plate.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I lied. I installed the license plate bracket today and it works with the winch. It even folds up out of the way for winching operations!

Mmtennent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2008 2 door Jeep Sport, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
I lied. I installed the license plate bracket today and it works with the winch. It even folds up out of the way for winching operations!
Can you show pictures of this....I had no idea what those brackets were?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Figured I’d share some photos, the front looks pretty spot on but the rear is only missing the end caps. Solution might be rubi fenders so that the end caps meet the fender.

I wired up the little red LEDs in the rear to the license plate light as well.
D902510A-735B-4E2E-A013-3B5316C46309.jpeg

2D5D8435-E75F-4681-87B6-C88D036B43EF.jpeg

2C8DCE08-F86D-401B-B2C1-530F402E6464.jpeg
Thanks for the photos.

Any idea what the weight of the front bumper is when it's ready to go on the body? (without skid plate)

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Thanks for the photos.

Any idea what the weight of the front bumper is when it's ready to go on the body? (without skid plate)

I didn’t have a scale at the shop, but it felt like a solid 75-80lb ballpark.

Mmtennent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2008 2 door Jeep Sport, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

hoss75

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Just got ours mounted today. We installed the winch plate but no winch yet. I didn't put in the Winch plate L Brackets, does someone have a pic of how they are installed?
Also, how the heck do you Mount the lower tow hooks? I can't get a nut lined up in place to start the bolts in the top holes

Jeep Wrangler JL Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit! 20200815_144556
Sponsored

Last edited: