Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I tried an E-bay bumper and it was a pain in the ass. The fog lights didnt want to line up, the brackets that fit the inside that held the tow hooks didnt line up correctly, missing hardware and had to fight to try to get the skid plate on. Finally I said screw it and got the OEM bumper. Yes they are more expensive but in the end, everything fit like it needed to with zero hassle.
Sponsored

mikegldn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Xtreme Recon, 1989 XJ
Looks great, and I like how the bar clears the Badlands winch! That's a nice, low-profile install.

I already had the Quadratec skid on mine and it was close, but fit without having to modify anything. I didn't run the winch plate though.
I had to take the bar off as I hadn't noticed but you couldn't turn the clutch lever all the way on the winch with it in place. Too bad, I really like the look of the bar. Maybe I'll see if I can modify the lever or put a different lever on there.

seatowect

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Sport Altitude, 2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Has anyone ordered this recently and found it in stock?

JeepsR4Me19

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I tried an E-bay bumper and it was a pain in the ass. The fog lights didnt want to line up, the brackets that fit the inside that held the tow hooks didnt line up correctly, missing hardware and had to fight to try to get the skid plate on. Finally I said screw it and got the OEM bumper. Yes they are more expensive but in the end, everything fit like it needed to with zero hassle.
Must have got a bad one, or I got a real one and did not know it. Everything was perfect and zero hassle installing it. Even came with the right winch plate cutout.

barrydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
Mine came in today. Packaging appears to be ok. Minor damage. Will inspect everything more closely this weekend. A little disappointed it did not come with the metal fair lead plate.

After 3 months I have still not installed it. Will probably just end up selling it.

Sponsored

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
It doesn't look compromised at all, so I bet if you sanded and sprayed it with Rustoleum Rust Converter or POR15 it would look mint again. I've seen a few of the OEM steel bumpers for sale on Marketplace that came on the Call of Duty JKs and a couple had a decent amount of surface rust on them. It's inevitable really; look at what happens with our doors and hinges 🙃 . The original price makes up for the possibility of having to sand and respray down the road IMO. I'll see what mine looks like when it arrives. I ordered on the 29th, so I haven't gotten any shipping info yet due to the holiday.

Yep, shamed myself into painting it.
Bought 2 rattle cans of Rust-oleum black bumper and trim paint, a pack of 320 grit paper and went after it. Pulled the end caps, dissembled, pulled bolts. Sanded, masked and painted main piece on the Jeep. End pieces sanded, painted and reassembled. Ends bolted on and touched up scrapes.

Not perfect, not show quality, but nice looking again. About $25 invested in refinishing.

IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
I got this bumper a little over a year ago, got it rhino lined, and it has held up great. My only issue is the finish has almost completely worn off all the torq screws.

Would it make sense to replace these with some OEM ones/hardware store ones or would they be susceptible to the same type of wear ? Can always just rustoleum flat black the heads as well, but if I can get ones that hold up longer that would be ideal.

So far it has been worth the money saved !
Sponsored