Sponsored

Ebay Roof Rack

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I need a roof rack to carry a kayak every now and then. I don't want anything that requires drilling. Any experience with this Ebay Roof Rack, or would I be better off to spend a little more for Yakima or Thule? Mostly going to only be carrying it about 3-10 miles with maybe an occasional 50 mile trip.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can’t comment on it’s usefulness for transporting kayaks, but what’s pictured in that listing is an EXACT replica of the Mopar roof bars. Maybe a cheap knockoff, maybe the same equipment as OEM without the Jeep logo. I have the Mopar ones and they work well.

OP
OP

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t comment on it’s usefulness for transporting kayaks, but what’s pictured in that listing is an EXACT replica of the Mopar roof bars. Maybe a cheap knockoff, maybe the same equipment as OEM without the Jeep logo. I have the Mopar ones and they work well.
That's what I was thinking is that it's a Chinese rip on the Mopar.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That's what I was thinking is that it's a Chinese rip on the Mopar.
It’s also completely possible that the Mopar ones are made in China on the same production lines in the same factory as these, only these found their way off the truck heading to FCA and instead are here on eBay for sale. There’s not much to them, metal bars with attachment brackets. Yakima lock cores should fit these, they fit the Mopar.

Malachi

First Name
Malachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Harley FXDB, 2021 JL Willys Manual
Did you end up buying the eBay ones?

OP
OP

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up buying the eBay ones?
Bought Hooke Road on Amazon and returned it. It covered the freedom panels and wouldn’t go behind them so you couldn’t use them and the rack.
Sponsored