Sponsored

Easy Way to Avoid Flat-Spotting on 35” tires?

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Howdy!

So I’ll be storing my JL with 35’s over the winter in my garage with weekly pulling out of the garage to wash my wife’s vehicle. I’m afraid of flat-spotting since I’ll park it in the exact same point after the wash. I prefer not to place it on jack stands since I move it once a week. Are there any flat-stoppers for larger tires? Do they work? All I’ve found are for 30” tires or less.

Something like this seems like it would work well (simple drive on, drive off)…

Jeep Wrangler JL Easy Way to Avoid Flat-Spotting on 35” tires? 1639198715813
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I found these on Amazon. Should work better than nothing. But if you are handy and have the time, you can make them with a little hand held sabersaw (or a bandsaw if you have one) from 2x4s and stack them together with drywall screws. But I'm not convinced such a small area cradle works. I would think it would have to be like 25% of the circumference to work.
Amazon.com: Auto Care Products 95210 Park Smart Tire Saver for Large Vehicle (10" Wide), Set of 2 : Automotive

But frankly, I don't think I'd bother, since you're pulling it out weekly. Just do a loop in the street and put it back in. If you're really OCD, put a piece of blue tape on the tires where they were parked so you ensure it's moved when you pull back in. I think it's better just to move it than any cradle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I found these on Amazon. Should work better than nothing. But if you are handy and have the time, you can make them with a little hand held sabersaw (or a bandsaw if you have one) from 2x4s and stack them together with drywall screws. But I'm not convinced such a small area cradle works. I would think it would have to be like 25% of the circumference to work.
Amazon.com: Auto Care Products 95210 Park Smart Tire Saver for Large Vehicle (10" Wide), Set of 2 : Automotive

But frankly, I don't think I'd bother, since you're pulling it out weekly. Just do a loop in the street and put it back in. If you're really OCD, put a piece of blue tape on the tires where they were parked so you ensure it's moved when you pull back in. I think it's better just to move it than any cradle.
The blue tape sounds like a good idea (yeah…I’m a bit OCD when it comes to my vehicles 🤣). I don’t bring it out on the street as it’s full of salt (Northern MN winter) and I’m trying to keep it rust free as long as possible.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
over inflate the tires or just drove around the block. the purpose of drive it is to get the heat in the tires to "iron out" the flat spot.
Sponsored