Sponsored

Easy enough to sell a soft top? Jeep isn't exact options I wanted

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Hey guys so dealer called me. It's may be possible for them to change the color on an order for a 392 I wanted. The issue is this one has the duel top group that I didn't want. I just wanted a hardtop.

I certainly don't want to let something this small stop the deal if they can get me the color I want. Is it easy enough to simply sell the soft top on the forum or any other place you guys suggest??

Thanks for your help
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Depending on your location, they seem to go pretty fast on the member marketplace if you set a reasonable price.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I know if I were closer to you I would be interested.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Forgot to mention, when you sell it, make sure you specify that it is the premium soft top. There is a huge difference between the base soft top and the premium top.

my buddy just got a sport with the base soft top. After i swapped to my premium hard top for the summer and he saw it, he wants to replace his with the premium.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Selling the soft top won't be very difficult. Our jeep only came with a soft top so we had to go the other route. After buying a hardtop and installing it my wife decided she wanted to run the soft top all summer instead. I'd recommend running the jeep with a soft top for a bit before selling it. The soft top makes it really easy to remove the roof and enjoy the open sky. Also on trails a soft top would be less likely to get damaged.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Depending on your location, they seem to go pretty fast on the member marketplace if you set a reasonable price.
Premium soft top! Ok got it. What would be a reasonable asking price in your opinion?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Since it is $1000 difference to you (i.e. black hard top is $1500, Dual top is $2500) I would suggest that is more than fair. (just note in your listing if the the price is firm)

I have seen people trying to sell them for up to $2k, and I have seen people sell them for $600.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Since it is $1000 difference to you (i.e. black hard top is $1500, Dual top is $2500) I would suggest that is more than fair. (just note in your listing if the the price is firm)

I have seen people trying to sell them for up to $2k, and I have seen people sell them for $600.
Thanks man. Great advice. 👍

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
No problem. I would NOT let the dual top stop you from getting what you want. Never know, you might actually want it.

i have the dual top group and love it. I only use the hard top Oct - March, then soft top the rest of the year.

Sgt Pickles

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
When I bought my Sahara it was out of emergency need and had to take one off the lot. No dual tops available. Every JL on the lot had hard tops. Apparently they love directing you to the parts department to purchase it for $2400. Hahaha. A lot for sale on Facebook marketplace all in the 1600-1800 range. Well I waited till I found the right price. Just picked up the premium top for $990. If I didn’t find that one though, I was getting ready to pay higher prices since summer is here.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Id keep it, I ended up selling my Premium top for a 2 door JK for $300, depending on where you're at you'll probably sit on it for a while. It took me 7-8 months to get rid of mine.
Sponsored