Easter Jeep Safari 2022

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
I asked this in another EJS thread but this one looks more active…

Are any or all of these (circled red) doable in a stock JLU Rubicon? Guessing the 2 & 3s certainly are. How about level 4 ones?

I’ll be down in Sedona and I’m thinking of an excursion up to Moab to ride one of these on Sat 4/16.

If could only do one, for a newb in his Rubicon, which would be the funnest?

I don’t mind scraping skids or rails. But I’d rather not cave in my doors or pinstripe them to death.

F58E2F73-2776-48ED-8309-ACF1B501694A.jpeg

638DE775-0E5A-4057-9ED6-6AFC2A384806.jpeg

2F86F709-7FAD-4DA2-B2FF-29D1F338330C.jpeg

ABF023BE-A217-4531-B850-5047C1E245ED.jpeg

Stock Rubicons should be able to handle any 5 or below trail easily, and experienced drivers can probably push them quite a bit farther. 4's should be no sweat!! Patience and careful spotting / tire placement is key.
Sponsored

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Any of those are doable in a stock Rubicon. Frankly, being new to off-roading, you’ll have a good time on any of those trails.
Like others have said, 5 and below are easily done with a stock Rubicon. With a good spotter you could probably do harder ones, but ground clearance and tire size will start to become a limiting factor. There were a few spots on Steel Bender and Metal Masher that I had to rethink my approach due to clearance. I am on a 3.5" lift with 35's and fully skid plated.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Like others have said, 5 and below are easily done with a stock Rubicon. With a good spotter you could probably do harder ones, but ground clearance and tire size will start to become a limiting factor. There were a few spots on Steel Bender and Metal Masher that I had to rethink my approach due to clearance. I am on a 3.5" lift with 35's and fully skid plated.
agreed - for clarification, I was referring only to the ones he circled. I would definitely not recommend steel bender or metal masher in a stock rubicon, ESPECIALLY as a beginner.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I signed up for Dome Plateau on Sat 4/16 and Seven Mile Rim on Sun 4/17.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Possibly a long shot - but is anyone heading to Grand Junction airport from Moab Tuesday evening 4/12 or Wednesday morning 4/13 and have an extra seat to give a guy (my girlfriend’s dad) a ride? He’s friendly, loves cycling, doesn’t smell, and is attending his first EJS with us. 😉

if so, please DM me. I’m sure we could work some gas money and a couple of brews.😁

Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I've been preparing my jeep for EJS for a few months. We're packing up tomorrow and rolling out Thursday from Alabama for the trip! We've got stops planned in Colorado as well. Not really looking forward to all those miles in a lifted Jeep, but it's going to be worth it for the experiences!

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I've been preparing my jeep for EJS for a few months. We're packing up tomorrow and rolling out Thursday from Alabama for the trip! We've got stops planned in Colorado as well. Not really looking forward to all those miles in a lifted Jeep, but it's going to be worth it for the experiences!
Strong. 😉 I drove that once in a built JK and once in a built TJ. I’d be hard pressed to do that again - at least straight through.

We’ll be pulling out from NC Friday afternoon to drive straight thru with the Jeep in tow and a bed in the back of the tow rig. The bed makes all the difference 😁

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
When and where are you stopping in CO?

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same thing this past November from Ohio, and I was pulling my No Boundaries camper as well. Now I have a "Crawler Hauler" and will be trailering the jeep and camper with my lifted & modified 3500 Ram 5.9 diesel :) Leaving Ohio Friday AM with some friends!

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
We’ll be coming through Canon city and onto Ouray on Saturday.

Sponsored

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
If there is anyone out there willing to have a quick chat on the phone shoot me a PM and I can either give ya a call or send you my number. Yesterday I just decided I am going through Moab tomorrow and also just realized Easter Jeep safari is going on there. I'm going to be pulling a 19" uhaul from Arizona back to Canada with my Gladiator. I'd like to get the lowdown on the Easter Jeep safari as I know nothing about it and was thinking to try and do some trails well I was there for 2 days. Also just realizing lots of accommodation is booked up. :(

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Anyone have a recommendation for a campground I could fit my 19ft (tip to tip) uhual and still pitch a tent. I just realized the Moab KOA I booked yesterday would let you pitch a tent on and RV site.

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Anyone have a recommendation for a campground I could fit my 19ft (tip to tip) uhual and still pitch a tent. I just realized the Moab KOA I booked yesterday would let you pitch a tent on and RV site.
Then what’s the problem? You looking for a campground that WOULDN’T let you pitch a tent in an RV site? ;) Also, which is it, 19 inches or 19 feet? Man, I’m really picking on you today!

Well, you could always drop the trailer at the KOA and then tent camp somewhere in disbursed camping, there is a TON of it around. Then you don’t have to pay for an extra site. You could always just possibly drop the trailer in a parking lot somewhere too and pick it up the next morning, not sure about if it would get towed or what. There is a grocery store there, they might let you.

You last option is head towards chicken corners trail. Alon GB the road towards it there are HUGE areas for group camping. It’s not super nice but it’s free and probably pretty dark at night to see the sky.
Good luck!!

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Then what’s the problem? You looking for a campground that WOULDN’T let you pitch a tent in an RV site? ;) Also, which is it, 19 inches or 19 feet? Man, I’m really picking on you today!

Well, you could always drop the trailer at the KOA and then tent camp somewhere in disbursed camping, there is a TON of it around. Then you don’t have to pay for an extra site. You could always just possibly drop the trailer in a parking lot somewhere too and pick it up the next morning, not sure about if it would get towed or what. There is a grocery store there, they might let you.

You last option is head towards chicken corners trail. Alon GB the road towards it there are HUGE areas for group camping. It’s not super nice but it’s free and probably pretty dark at night to see the sky.
Good luck!!
KOA sorted me out! Got a tent spot 😀. Now we'll see how the ecodiesel gladiator on 37s does towing 4500 lbs!

Riverduck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Security Contractor (Retired Military)
Jeep Wrangler JL Easter Jeep Safari 2022 BA26AB64-AA11-4609-ABC8-45C545AD9A5B
First leg MPG sucks as much as the rock spider I picked up. Heading to the Denver airport tomorrow to grab the wife then over to Moab on Sunday.
Sponsored