First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
not sure - evaluating logistics of add-ons to the trip (zion, monument valley, bryce, etc.) Assume the BOH mountain passes in CO will be all snowed up in April? Likely will arrive around 4/4
I don’t know from experience but I must assume they will be closed at that time. Let me do some research! I’m considering leaving Friday or Saturday and going other places in Utah to camp before EJS.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'll be there 4/7-4/12.

If you have 37's you're going to get bored on the freshman package. IMO, I'd stick to 5+ rated trails -- maybe show up a few days early and run Fins n Things just to get situated (one of the most fun trails). IMO, harder isn't necessarily more fun though, either.

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be on 33’s. Liking elephant, fins, dome, 7-mile, deadman, hey joe. Anything in there a rook should avoid?

Whose trail ratings are most accurate? RR4W; Wells; BOH; JLW forum? :)

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I’ll be on 33’s. Liking elephant, fins, dome, 7-mile, deadman, hey joe. Anything in there a rook should avoid?

Whose trail ratings are most accurate? RR4W; Wells; BOH; JLW forum? :)
RR4W rates Fins as a 4, BOH rates it as 3-4, Wells rates it as Difficult (bummer no numerical rating). I would say BOH and RR4W are always going to be the same. Rating from Wells will be more complicated because things like Fins n Things which is a 3-4 and Holy Cross in CO which is a 7-9 are both rated "Difficult" by Wells.

You're more experienced than I with a Jeep because you already have one! :D You mentioned you'd be arriving around 4/4, EJS starts on 4/11, it was 4/4 last year. I'd be down to come out a bit early and run something or go exploring other areas and do some disbursed camping. I know of a good spot some local folks in CO go, they gave me a pin on google maps where they always camp.

The Sophomore package includes Deadman, Sevenmile, and Fin n Things on 4/12, 4/13, 4/14 respectively. This is the same price as running three trails, no extra fees. $50 per trail.

If anyone is interested in a caravan and is taking I-70 through CO, I'd like to come along if you have room for one more. I'm flexible on dates, any day between April 8 afternoon and April 11.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I'm planning to attend this year. Will hopefully be able to register for the Freshman package and then adding Fins & Things and Seven Mile Rim the last two days I am there. Just wishing it wasn't a 20+ hour drive to get to Moab.

Sponsored

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Any suggestions on camping? Either in a campground or boondocking someplace on BLM/Fed land?

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
hi guys,

planning to attend too. whats your advices for a newbee? when is the best moment to come for EJS? first weekend or second? coming from Europe and would really love to have a real blast. is it accessible for people without vehiule? thanks in advances for your help

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
hi guys,

planning to attend too. whats your advices for a newbee? when is the best moment to come for EJS? first weekend or second? coming from Europe and would really love to have a real blast. is it accessible for people without vehiule? thanks in advances for your help
Wow! You win for furthest travel! You can probably rent a vehicle. My advice is have fun! It’s my first time too and that’s why I signed up for a beginners package.

Reactions: Dim

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
hi guys,

Absolutely rent a (4 door) Wrangler Rubicon when you're there.

Reactions: Dim

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
Wow! You win for furthest travel! You can probably rent a vehicle. My advice is have fun! It’s my first time too and that’s why I signed up for a beginners package.
yeah its a bit far but .... i have to ;-) i already missed the winter4x4jamboree but for my defense i forgot loooool . sounds wise the beginners package . would you share some infos about that? thanks a lot

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
self employed
Absolutely rent a (4 door) Wrangler Rubicon when you're there.
thanks for the advice . i will do that and also. seems my idea to buy a 392 in the US instead of europe makes more and more sense.. Using this beast in the best environement ever instead of rubbing my tires on paved roads.

HBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE; 2021 JGC 80th Anniversary
Hey Mike, did you receive your new Jeep yet - pics? We're new to the Jeep community. The fiance purchased a '21 GC in September and I ordered a Rubicon 4XE Nov 27. The order went to D status and I received a VIN quickly, but crickets ever since. We're signing up for the Sophomore package, so if the new Jeep arrives in time, we'll see you on the trail. If not, then we'll take the GC and do some easier trails. We'll be driving down with one other JK from MN, arriving 4/10, then heading back north 4/15. Should be a good time, and looking forward to meeting some new friends!

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Hey Mike, did you receive your new Jeep yet - pics? We're new to the Jeep community. The fiance purchased a '21 GC in September and I ordered a Rubicon 4XE Nov 27. The order went to D status and I received a VIN quickly, but crickets ever since. We're signing up for the Sophomore package, so if the new Jeep arrives in time, we'll see you on the trail. If not, then we'll take the GC and do some easier trails. We'll be driving down with one other JK from MN, arriving 4/10, then heading back north 4/15. Should be a good time, and looking forward to meeting some new friends!
Awesome!!! I picked it up today!! I’m super excited!!! I hope yours arrives too and you can sign up for the Sophomore package as well! I’ll be christening the Jeep tomorrow with some local guys from overlandbound.com. Good group of guys around here!

Jeep Wrangler JL Easter Jeep Safari 2022 70873CA7-DF23-49E3-BD32-F4DDCC19D8AA

HBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE; 2021 JGC 80th Anniversary
Congratulations!!! Love the blue! I decided to try white this time. Hoping it will hide the pinstripes a bit better. Fingers crossed here on delivery and hoping to see you all on the trail soon! More pics please!

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've registered for these. Can't wait.

Saturday - Seven Mile Rim
Sunday - Elephant Hill
Monday - Fins and Things
Tuesday - Dome Plateau
Wednesday - Hells Revenge (Tip Toe)