Sponsored

Easiest way to get spring compressed to orient top spring isolator?

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
I just realized that the driver side front top spring isolator doesn’t have the orientation pegs protruding through the spring housing like the passenger side does.
I think it’s close though. Is this even worth worrying about? Just bugs me that it’s not 100% correct and the orientation pegs are crushed up there.

2” Rancho lift on 2020 JLUR.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Depending on your shock lengths, you can probably droop that side enough to move the isolator by jacking that side of the frame up.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I just realized that the driver side front top spring isolator doesn’t have the orientation pegs protruding through the spring housing like the passenger side does.
I think it’s close though. Is this even worth worrying about? Just bugs me that it’s not 100% correct and the orientation pegs are crushed up there.

2” Rancho lift on 2020 JLUR.
If your spring isn't bowing and the end of the spring is lined up with the flat on the isolator, I'd leave it alone. Definitely not going to hurt anything.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
If your spring isn't bowing and the end of the spring is lined up with the flat on the isolator, I'd leave it alone. Definitely not going to hurt anything.
Driver and passenger sides. There is some outward bow on each, but I think that’s typical and they don’t rub or hit anything.

67C40B0A-9171-468F-B729-F3DEC364157D.jpeg

5BC732CE-2687-475B-B9FA-AE0E8EC51EFA.jpeg

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Not the safest way but use two loops of a 3/8" chain 180 degrees apart with clevis'. Have a couple of people sit on the bumper to compress the spring, attach the chain through the spring as tight as possible. Jack the frame up and this allows the weight of the axle to give you some room to adjust things. Not ideal but it works ok. I don't recommend this method for inexperienced people.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are you not comfortable to disconnect some bolts to allow the axle to drop enough? If you get comfortable with that, you don’t need a spring compressor.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
Are you not comfortable to disconnect some bolts to allow the axle to drop enough? If you get comfortable with that, you don’t need a spring compressor.
I was seeking a simple way, I do not want to purchase jack stands and jack just to correct this. I will probably just live with it, as it's not the end of the world. If there was an easy way, I may have pursued it.

I did reach out to Rancho and their team replied:
"A little bow to the outside like that is perfectly fine and normal. As long as it is not hitting the bump stop or sway bar."

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You will need a jack regardless, compressing the spring will cause the body to follow, you need something to hold it up either way. Id leave it