First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings all!

I have already wired up some lights to aux 3 and 4 for the front, and now I was thinking about running aux 2 to the back for some aux lights on the rear bumper. Has anyone run wires to the back from the aux wiring in
Sponsored

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Several of us in a Backup Lights thread have done this. Just drop the aux wire down from the engine compartment to the frame rail, then run it to the rear internally in the frame. You can use a fish tape to pull the wire through the frame.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is your question around running an internal or external wire from AUX? AUX wires have 2 different location leads.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Several of us in a Backup Lights thread have done this. Just drop the aux wire down from the engine compartment to the frame rail, then run it to the rear internally in the frame. You can use a fish tape to pull the wire through the frame.
Thank you for this. This was actually extremely easy to do! The wire only appears for a very short portion outside of the frame towards the rear of the truck, but then tucks back in quite nicely.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Is your question around running an internal or external wire from AUX? AUX wires have 2 different location leads.
Since I had the dealer add on the aux switches, my aux wiring only appears in the engine compartment. I don't have the wires inside the cab on the passenger's side.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Since I had the dealer add on the aux switches, my aux wiring only appears in the engine compartment. I don't have the wires inside the cab on the passenger's side.
Gotcha - sucks the dealer doesnt do that. If they are adding a component that is similar from factory, all aspects should be similar - oh well. I agree with the above suggestion: route through the frame rail. I would also wrap the wires in some heat shrink and wire loom, but i'm a little overkill on wire protection :)

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice

You do have them in the cabin. They are probably tucked up in the passenger side. The wiring gets pulled in with the bundle which goes to the switches. They would have to do extra work to not have them in there.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You do have them in the cabin. They are probably tucked up in the passenger side. The wiring gets pulled in with the bundle which goes to the switches. They would have to do extra work to not have them in there.
Well if they are there they are so well hidden that I can't find them. Have taken out the glove box, pulled out the carpet, take off the passenger side plastic and door jamb. Nada.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Well if they are there they are so well hidden that I can't find them. Have taken out the glove box, pulled out the carpet, take off the passenger side plastic and door jamb. Nada.
Follow the bundle in from the firewall port. It will lead to your wire ends.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Or remove the trim under the glove, right by the door hinges. When I installed mine I had to repin a harness connector down there and that is where you are supposed to ground. Mine are tucked under the trim on the side... hopefully the screen shot will show up.

Check out this video. I would really like to think they put them in there... Good luck.

upload_2019-9-10_15-32-0.png

upload_2019-9-10_15-32-48.png
Sponsored