Sponsored

Easiest Jeep Badge of Honor trail in California?

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
With all the rain and snow happening in Southern California this week, I would assume that there will not be too much wheeling going on up in Big Bear.

However, when are people available to try to hit some trails in and around that area?

I probably have most weekends off plus 2/15 and 2/22 off (I am a teacher) so those days might work out. Are there any experienced Jeepers that might want to show a few of us rookie/novice/ intermediate guys and girls around?
Sponsored

Perticon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURR
This was a lot of awesome information so thank you all for sharing! My dad and I are doing a run through Joshua tree into Pioneer trail towards Bear. I am running stock and plan to give these suggestions a go, Eye of God was also on my list. We will be out there this Thursday the 11th and then also hitting Lake Arrowhead area Friday/Sat. If anyone wants to come explore with us shoot me a PM, we would love the company! :)

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Nichego sebe! The first few seconds of the video made me confident that this trail is far up on my scale. Good job at not damaging the Jeep.
Nice video.
Did you scrape at all at the squeeze? I’ve been trying to work up the nerve to go out there and get my first trail damage haha

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Nice video.
Did you scrape at all at the squeeze? I’ve been trying to work up the nerve to go out there and get my first trail damage haha
Nothing major :) But I think minor scrapes on fenders, rear bumper and rock sliders are very hard to avoid. Like I mentioned before I have a Sport so my axes are narrower and I could use the easiest line. Rubicon with stock offset wheels should still fit. Anything wider and things will get very interesting.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Because it has been asked a few time on this thread and via PMs. Horse Thief is in Big Bear not far from Tip Top Mountain which in turn is not far from the the start Pontiac. All three are on the east side of Big Bear along the same main forest road. This makes them easy to run back to back.

Since the weather has been great and there appears to be some interest I would be happy to lead a group of JL owners on these basic to intermediate trails. If any of you are interested let me know. But let’s not wait until winter hits in full force because I hate trying to get mud of my Jeep...LoL
Wife and I were thinking of running some of these for the first time on Sunday.

Do you have an idea approximately how long each one of those 3 trails are? Time wise that is ?

Is it a full day adventure to run all 3? May cut out Horse Thief and just run the other two as we’ll have a pretty long drive home afterwards.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Wife and I were thinking of running some of these for the first time on Sunday.

Do you have an idea approximately how long each one of those 3 trails are? Time wise that is ?

Is it a full day adventure to run all 3? May cut out Horse Thief and just run the other two as we’ll have a pretty long drive home afterwards.

Thanks in advance!!!
For both trails you want to run I would give yourself four hours “on the trail” total time. This time estimate is based on a slow easy going taking in the sights stopping now and then pace. It can be shorter depending on how you proceed and how your Jeep is “set up”.

Hope this helps.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
For both trails you want to run I would give yourself four hours “on the trail” total time. This time estimate is based on a slow easy going taking in the sights stopping now and then pace. It can be shorter depending on how you proceed and how your Jeep is “set up”.

Hope this helps.
Excellent that’s everything I needed to know. Thank you very much!!!
Sponsored