Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for a quality bumper that looks good with a 10-S. Because I plan to install it myself, I'd prefer no cutting, etc and simple bolt on. Warn bumpers seem to be the obvious choice but I'm worried that because I have a rubicon I'll have to cut something. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Warn bumpers require fog light modification so if that’s a condition for you, don’t get it.

OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I need it simple. Stubby over full-size. Thanks.

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Check out LOD. Their fog lights mount perfectly and also sell a bracket for the rubicon steel bumper fogs.

But really a bumper is more personal preference while also making sure it doesn’t require any modification to the body mounts (if it’s a JL bumper, it won’t but some do require a trimming if it’s the larger Warn Zeon winch) or the halogen, LED, or rubicon steel bumper LED fogs.

OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The last bumper I had ( It was a smaller brand) required cutting of the frame or some such. I also hear it was a bear to install the winch. I like how LOD look but still worried that I'll have to cut something because of something I read somewhere about the rubicon. The disconnects or evap thingy block a straight install.

If I'm being too technical let me know :D

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
The LoD Destroyer Shorty bumper we put on (the Northridge4x4 Boss) David's JLUR didn't require any cutting of the frame for it to fit. His build page is here: Northridge4x4's Red JLUR

However, it does requires fog light mods IF you have the LED fog lights. It's not much, but you do need to cut the plastic mounting flanges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see the shorty write up. There were no issues with the stock steel? LOD are much cheaper and I prefer their look.

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The LoD Destroyer Shorty bumper we put on (the Northridge4x4 Boss) David's JLUR didn't require any cutting of the frame for it to fit. His build page is here: Northridge4x4's Red JLUR

However, it does requires fog light mods IF you have the LED fog lights. It's not much, but you do need to cut the plastic mounting flanges.
From what a understand, there are three different fog light configurations. Halogen, LED, and LED steel bumper. The LED and Halogens have the same mounting configuration but the LED steel bumper requires and adapter that LOD sells.

Also, OP is right. The write up contains nothing about a LOD bumper install. Just a winch plate.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
@butcho is right, there are three different fog light combos, the LED steel bumper requires an adapter. You also need to trim the mounting flanges on the sides to get them to fit.

The LoD front bumper write-up will be going live soon.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The term Warn 10-S doesn't specify much. The Zeon 10-S is much larger than the VR-10S. Im not sure if the ZEON 10S platinum is larger than the ZEON or not, but it may be. The ZEON winches dont fit well between the frame rails, and may require trimming with some bumpers, including Warn's own.

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm looking for a quality bumper that looks good with a 10-S. Because I plan to install it myself, I'd prefer no cutting, etc and simple bolt on. Warn bumpers seem to be the obvious choice but I'm worried that because I have a rubicon I'll have to cut something. Any suggestions?
I installed the Warn 10S platinum Zeon on the Stock steel bumper which I think is the best looking bumper out there. I used the warn winch plate also, without any problems!

EDD0061E-3B83-4615-9A1A-F2FFFA6048F8.jpeg

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I don't see the shorty write up. There were no issues with the stock steel? LOD are much cheaper and I prefer their look.
Ravager,
The Warn Zeon 10s will absolutely fit in both our Destroyer and Signature Series bumpers, no trimming needed! The Destroyer is a easier installation since the winch sits on top of the bumper and therefore you don't have to install a winch plate. Also Tech Tim is correct, if you currently have a steel bumper with LED's, you will need to purchase our adapter and do some light trimming of the plastic LED housing.

We have our installation instructions posted on our website, feel free to take a look! Give us a call if you have any other questions.
https://lodoffroad.com/

OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ravager,
The Warn Zeon 10s will absolutely fit in both our Destroyer and Signature Series bumpers, no trimming needed! The Destroyer is a easier installation since the winch sits on top of the bumper and therefore you don't have to install a winch plate. Also Tech Tim is correct, if you currently have a steel bumper with LED's, you will need to purchase our adapter and do some light trimming of the plastic LED housing.

We have our installation instructions posted on our website, feel free to take a look! Give us a call if you have any other questions.
https://lodoffroad.com/
This is Awesome, thanks for chiming in! I have the basic VR10 and want the Signature. You're sure there's no relocating vacuum pumps or anything?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
This is Awesome, thanks for chiming in! I have the basic VR10 and want the Signature. You're sure there's no relocating vacuum pumps or anything?
The JK had the vacuum pump you had to relocate. No worries with the JL.
Sponsored