First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
Looks like we are in the same boat. I am located in southern California, where are you?
Yup. I used to live in southern Cali, San Diego area. I’m out in the death heat right now of Oklahoma City.
Going to the dealership today to shoot some video footage and pics of my Jeep sitting outside in the backlot for insurance purposes just incase something is stolen off it, it’s broken into, it’s damaged by someone there and or it’s gets damaged whenever the engine swap is done. I’ve started a journal to document this whole process.
Sponsored

engarom

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Yup. I used to live in southern Cali, San Diego area. I’m out in the death heat right now of Oklahoma City.
Going to the dealership today to shoot some video footage and pics of my Jeep sitting outside in the backlot for insurance purposes just incase something is stolen off it, it’s broken into, it’s damaged by someone there and or it’s gets damaged whenever the engine swap is done. I’ve started a journal to document this whole process.
I am in San Diego! I already started a to log all interactions with dealer and FCA. I will take pics as well. let me know when you get an engine, I will let you know as well. Good Luck

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
I am in San Diego! I already started a to log all interactions with dealer and FCA. I will take pics as well. let me know when you get an engine, I will let you know as well. Good Luck
Sounds good. Yeah document everything possible. Well hopefully in our cases as well as the others who are having this issue can get some resolve quick!

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
2019 JLUR that just turned 42K miles. The only thing I've had to do was replace the batteries. And a windshield (but that is expected). The thing was built two days after a factory re-tool/reset in 2019 and is tight. Runs like it is brand new.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
2018 build date JLR 2-door - Replaced the 8.4” head unit due to delamination and the batteries. Nothing else except normal servicing.

Sponsored

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKURHR, 2019 JL
Made the wife happy and got the extended warranty, then promptly put on a metalcloak lift. Both batteries died within 3 years replaced under warranty, Arizona heat just eats them up. Some sort of 'upgrade' was done to the system for the clutch overheating issue, have not noticed any difference. Really like the 6 sp over the JK's 6 sp. No issues at all, routine oil changes and tire rotations at the homestead. As with all of my vehicles, I do take care of them but don't baby them. The JL so far has been rock solid, glad we picked one up.

karlosmi

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 94 YJ
My trans went out yesterday at 52k miles. Praying the replacement comes quickly. Dealer is wishy washy about what the repair process and timeframe is and also the availability of a loaner. Ugh

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I didnt read the replies, but I have a 2018 JLUR 2.0T with E-torque. 40K miles. I have had zero issues.
I broke a wire for rear locker when I was lowering the rear end for MC lift, but that was my fault. Fixed it myself.
It has never been back to dealer since we drove it off the lot.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
My trans went out yesterday at 52k miles. Praying the replacement comes quickly. Dealer is wishy washy about what the repair process and timeframe is and also the availability of a loaner. Ugh
Dam!! Sorry to hear that. Contact Jeep Cares so you will have a parallel effort from the dealership (if worth a shit) end and Jeep Cares folks on resolving your issue with parts. I’m in the process for a failed engine at 52k.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Bummer, sorry. Auto or manual? What failed? Hope you’re back on the road/trail soon.

Sponsored

karlosmi

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 94 YJ
Bummer, sorry. Auto or manual? What failed? Hope you’re back on the road/trail soon.
The dealer is being nonspecific about it at this point. It’s a 2.0L auto. I’m going in on my lunch and going to pressure them for the specific diagnosis and a loaner car. As much as I love my YJ, I can’t really drive it without a top for any extended duration of time, especially with the frequent severe weather this year!

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
2019 JLR, 3.6L with 8 speed auto, purchased new in December 2019.

Currently sitting at a little over 14,000 km's and the only issues I've had to date have been the rear camera lens de-laminating and the parking brake cable assembly detaching from under the center console. Both issues happened within the first three months of ownership and were covered under the standard warranty.

I did also have the V41 steering stabilizer fix done and a new steel steering box installed per the TSB.
the parking brake cable assembly detaching from under the center console.

That just happened to my 2021 JLR with 4,000 mi (6,440Km). How common is that defect? I rarely use the parking brake, I'm sure it was cycled less than 60 times. 6,440 Km is even sooner than your 8,700 miles.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS

That just happened to my 2021 JLR with 4,000 mi (6,440Km). How common is that defect? I rarely use the parking brake, I'm sure it was cycled less than 60 times. 6,440 Km is even sooner than your 8,700 miles.
I'm not sure how common the parking brake assembly detaching is, but mine happened with about 5,000 km's on the clock, so pretty close to where you are now in terms of mileage.

The replacement Part Number on my invoice was "6LZ011R3AE - Parking Brake Lever Assembly".

Reactions: J0E

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

It's not mentioned on the forum very often and when it is it's related to becoming detached while a lift is being installed.
Sponsored