First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
Was just about a straight swap across the board once they told me my trade value I said yup let’s do it.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah I had my own write up. Needless to say I picked it up today and gave the service advisor my write up but said I did not want anyone else touching my Jeep. So I did some of repairs right there in the dealerships front parking lot where customers come in. Got the Jeep home did the rest and immediately drove it to another dealership and traded it in on Ram Rebel truck. After that whole experience from the beginning of being out of state when the engine died to picking it up today to the class action law suit filed again FCA for 3.6 Jeep Wranglers built from 2014-2020 I was done.
I found it! Very interesting read: https://www.classaction.org/media/maugain-et-al-v-fca-us-llc.pdf

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s a very nice truck. I hope they get you squared away that’s unacceptable with 3 weeks and no movement on it. I’d be standing on someone’s desk for sure
I love my service manager. She’s wonderful…there’s only so much she can do. She’s not the problem.

The fact that I don’t have to pay for the repairs is the reason why the company is moving so slow on this. It’s unacceptable and unethical. A discussion will be had.

Sponsored

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
GORGEOUS! I’m in love with a TRX, but they out of my price range. I love the entire Rebel, Powerwagon, TRX line. They’re beautiful trucks.
Appreciate it! Rebels are like trucks with some Jeep characteristics. Skid plates, axle locker, and Offroad suspension with a plush interior. I will be getting another wrangler at some point but probably a TJ. Less electronics and bomb proof 4.0.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
I love my service manager. She’s wonderful…there’s only so much she can do. She’s not the problem.

The fact that I don’t have to pay for the repairs is the reason why the company is moving so slow on this. It’s unacceptable and unethical. A discussion will be had.
Yup your right service managers can only do so much. They have a lot to orchestrate then have rely on someone else above them to do their job as well

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it! Rebels are like trucks with some Jeep characteristics. Skid plates, axle locker, and Offroad suspension with a plush interior. I will be getting another wrangler at some point but probably a TJ. Less electronics and bomb proof 4.0.
ROFL Bomb proof!! :LOL:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yup your right service managers can only do so much. They have a lot to orchestrate then have rely on someone else above them to do their job as well
Yes, she's wonderful...I'm hoping to send her a bouquet of flowers in the weeks ahead. She's the only good thing about this experience.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Yes, she's wonderful...I'm hoping to send her a bouquet of flowers in the weeks ahead. She's the only good thing about this experience.
Good call. There are a lot of great service advisers out there and I know some of them feel under appreciated and I’m sure feel beat up at times having to deal with pissed off people wanting answers when they can’t get answers themselves.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good call. There are a lot of great service advisers out there and I know some of them feel under appreciated and I’m sure feel beat up at times having to deal with pissed off people wanting answers when they can’t get answers themselves.
YUP! I told her that I'm sure she's tired of seeing my Jeep sitting in her garage taking up valuable space needed for other customers. It makes zero sense why it should still be sitting there and no adjuster has come to evaluate an dead engine that we know is defective at this point. I bet she's tired of seeing them!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I was thinking the other day a person could probably purchase an older model TJ or what ever you prefer pay a shop to redo everything the way you want it ie engine, body, running gear etc. and pay a lot less than what these new Jeeps cost. You wouldn’t be any where near 50 or 60 thousand and have a bullet proof veh that you are not afraid to take off road. You could make a better than new TJ.

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Exactly…I have done it in the past myself but it does take time, planning and proper execution to do it the right way and not some hack job. Needless to say it wears and tears on your body chasing parts down or pulling them from junkyards and rework etc so I decided to go with a JLUR because I thought like most people, convenience. I’ve rethought that now and will go back to the drawing board and build again with higher standards and more reliability.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
AT 86k miles (99% highway miles) , my 2018 JLUR started idling rough and throwing P0304 Cylinder #4 misfire code as well as an occasional Auto Start/Stop disable warning. My Dealership has been troubleshooting the problem for several weeks. They replace #4 coil pack and all new spark plugs, a radiator hose with a minor leak, swapped fuel injectors to see if problem followed injector or stayed with cylinder. Stayed with #4 cylinder. Compression test passed. Bore scope showed minor carbon buildup on all cylinders except #4 was clean as a whistle. pulled head and found cracked engine block. I also have Mopar Max Care lifetime/unlimited mile warranty. Adjuster inspected it 2 days ago and I am waiting to hear the results. I have had the oil changed and tires rotated religiously every 5000 miles and all other recommended service at this same Dealership.
My Jeep is doing the same exact thing with that error code P0304 and engine stop start not available. When I first started up at idles rough and there's a weird smell out of the tailpipe I'm not sure if it's unburnt gas or something else. I just passed 75k on my vehicle so I'm well within 100,000 mi drivetrain warranty. I take it in on September 7th. My guy at the dealership told me I'm in my warranty and worst case scenario it would be an engine best case scenario it would just be bad coil pack and spark plug. This is my third Jeep my second Rubicon I had a 2013 that the engine failed at 88k it had the engine that had the casting inside of it they covered that and took care of me and I was very grateful and it made me a loyal customer. I'm hoping that this isn't an engine and it's something simple and not an engine. I only use the oil that they specify and I never let it get below 40 or 30% before I change it religiously. I don't get on it a lot and speed around because it's not a sports car I drive it like an old lady and I off-road in it on the weekends here and there. Kind of worried cuz it's my daily driver as well and it's been very reliable.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is doing the same exact thing with that error code P0304 and engine stop start not available. When I first started up at idles rough and there's a weird smell out of the tailpipe I'm not sure if it's unburnt gas or something else. I just passed 75k on my vehicle so I'm well within 100,000 mi drivetrain warranty. I take it in on September 7th. My guy at the dealership told me I'm in my warranty and worst case scenario it would be an engine best case scenario it would just be bad coil pack and spark plug. This is my third Jeep my second Rubicon I had a 2013 that the engine failed at 88k it had the engine that had the casting inside of it they covered that and took care of me and I was very grateful and it made me a loyal customer. I'm hoping that this isn't an engine and it's something simple and not an engine. I only use the oil that they specify and I never let it get below 40 or 30% before I change it religiously. I don't get on it a lot and speed around because it's not a sports car I drive it like an old lady and I off-road in it on the weekends here and there. Kind of worried cuz it's my daily driver as well and it's been very reliable.
YIKES.
Sponsored