Sponsored

Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet?

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
Just thought I'd start this to see if it catches on. My JLU is just about 3 years old - March 2018 seems so long ago. Still going strong, no plans to trade. Just wanted to see how others at the same point are holding up.
Just thought I'd start this to see if it catches on. My JLU is just about 3 years old - March 2018 seems so long ago. Still going strong, no plans to trade. Just wanted to see how others at the same point are holding up.
My JLU Sahara 6-sp manual is a 2018 built in late 2017. It was an FCA corporate unit I purchased as "Certified Used" from the dealer with 12k miles. I have 27k miles on it. Other than the two batteries failing prematurely (replaced under warranty) and the first clutch recall (hose) and pending second recall for the so-called software "fix" Y07 for the clutch, it's been trouble-free. I sure like driving it and originally it was not going to be my daily driver, but like driving it so much, even in stop-and-go traffic, it sometimes becomes the "grocery getter." Only aggravation is the "Auto-On-Comfort" and the heated seats/wheel on automatically with no option to default them to OFF below 40F. Only a/t JL's with this package have the Auto-On-Comfort OFF selection option on UConnect.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have a 2018 Sport S coming up on its 3-year birthday with 48,000 miles. Other than recalls, the only issue I have had is replacing the aux battery.

I have a new Rubicon on order, but the Sport S has been very reliable.

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Just got my official "happy 3 year" email from my dealer today. Surprised they're not pressing me to trade it in and buy something new lol

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My JLR assembled June 2018 delivered July 4 2018.....
Hey, mine was delivered the day after yours. July 5, 2018. The dealership called to tell me it was in, and asked when I'd like to come get it. What a foolish question, I told them I'd be there right away.

from the mileage some of you all are posting.... might I suggest you take some weekend road trips.....
I've got low miles but I also get the weekend road trips. Best of both worlds I guess.
My Jeep is under 17,000 miles (I should hit 17K within a week or two). I drive a company car (Explorer) so all my Jeep's miles are pleasure miles, not commuter miles which makes my 17K more fun than some people's 30K.

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I've never put a lot of miles on my vehicles. I've always lived close to my work, and even with weekend trips I've just never been a 15k a year or even 10k a year kind of person. To be honest, I really hate long car rides whether I'm driving or not. I'm ready to just tear my way out after like 6 hours lol

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've never put a lot of miles on my vehicles. I've always lived close to my work, and even with weekend trips I've just never been a 15k a year or even 10k a year kind of person. To be honest, I really hate long car rides whether I'm driving or not. I'm ready to just tear my way out after like 6 hours lol
My wife is the same way. Otherwise I'd be taking week long drives to explore or visit relatives. I much prefer to drive, and the Jeep has been comfortable even driving 8-10 hours.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Mine turns 3 years old in September, no major issues, I’m one of the lucky ones that got perfect steering. Still original aluminum steering box, maybe quarter inch dead spot.
Only 13k but probably 80 percent of the miles off-road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? 193D7516-A264-4369-AADC-2AAE273317A8
The vast majority of owners have good steering. I had a 2018JL and now have a 2019. None had steering issues.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have a 2018 Sport S coming up on its 3-year birthday with 48,000 miles. Other than recalls, the only issue I have had is replacing the aux battery.

I have a new Rubicon on order, but the Sport S has been very reliable.
So you are leaving us for a Rubicon.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my official "happy 3 year" email from my dealer today. Surprised they're not pressing me to trade it in and buy something new lol
My dealer has been calling, e-mailing and sending snail mail offers to trade for new Rubicon since January. Offers to trade for approximately $7000 difference for 2021 Rubicon.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
I have a 2018 September build 45,000 miles I have had six cases open for my jeep and the worst part now is there’s a semi coming from somewhere and they are trying to figure it out. I also have my body cracking at the rear quarter panel at one of the seams. I still love my rubicon and I wouldn’t trade it for anything

OP
OP

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
My dealer has been calling, e-mailing and sending snail mail offers to trade for new Rubicon since January. Offers to trade for approximately $7000 difference for 2021 Rubicon.
Yea, they were pretty heavy on the snail mail offers about half a year ago. Some of the offers (if believed) really weren't bad, but I love THIS jeep and I've done a lot to it. And so far it hasn't let me down. I don't want to roll the dice on a new one and start all over again.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
2018 JLUS, 3.6L with D44 rear LSD. 23k miles- mostly offroad. Mopar lift, 35" Open Country Toyo R/Ts, Warn bumper with Warn Zeon 12S winch, Spartan lunchbox in front diff, LoD Signature rock rails. Lots of pinstriping ;-) All other gear is removable/swappable for other Jeep and 4x4 Sprinter van. Had the steel gear box replaced last year and just had the Aux battery go (think that's what it is - cannot start, be charged or be jumped) at dealer now. Other than the 'vehicle down' battery issue, which is really a problem for me as I was not able to fix by myself (needs a flash), I'm very happy with the vehicle. After all, I bought it to beat the crap out of it. Waiting for steering dampener part to do that recall. Expecting the rear LSD will go shortly - so on the cusp of replacing with a full locker, probably an ARB as I've already got onboard air. On the fence with replacing front M186 as its pretty stout and I don't race in the desert or 'slam' into rocks too much. Not sure I really need a front D44. Maybe I'll just truss it or something. Loving that front lunchbox locker! Also thinking about upgraded axles, driveshafts and big brakes. But, budget has gotten a little out of control already, so waiting for something to break first :)

IMG_1457.jpeg
Sponsored