Sponsored

Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet?

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
I never ever buy first year model updates, until the JL came along! Picked mine up Jan 2018, currently at 37k miles.

Replaced the aux battery (twice!), rear seat folding latch and a tail light. That’s it so far. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? A29E7F27-1C1A-4E82-B8A1-E2EFE830CB8E

The rain has finally stopped in NC, hard top came off today...so excited...love my Jeep!
Sponsored

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
March of 2018 and I Love it like day 1. 74000 miles and counting! Battery replacement, rear defrost tab, 2 cracked windshields. Still drives like it’s new!
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? 8714C745-792D-4FCC-83D6-5B8418184252

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My batteries appear to be fine, but I'm not going to push them. I've got a new Optima and am waiting for a Die Hard aux battery and will swap them out in a week or so. I don't want the originals crapping out in the middle of nowhere.
Unfortunatly, both had to be replaced under warranty after failing. Maybe the hot Texas summer got to them.

HMS Beagle

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gustavocadar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Graphic Designer
My JLU Sahara is from 2018, but I purchased it exactly 1 year ago, with 28,000 km. It's now around 42k, we are having the time of our lives together. Beagle is not only the coolest, it's also the most comfortable and luxurious vehicle I have driven (yes, I'm no fancy!). So far all works perfectly, never had any mechanical/electrical/electronic issue, it not even rattles. The previous owner had only a cracked windshield replaced. I'll pay close attention to battery and spark plugs this year.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
May 2018 build, bought in June, 15K miles, so almost three. 3 trips to Moab, Ouray, other places around CO. have original steering box, it works great still. On original batteries, I put them on tender weekly. Have the knock in Dana 44 LSD that is well documented here, replacing this with ARB soon. Manual transmission, so all the clutch recalls, haven’t done any of them, clutch works great. I would have to unmarry Tazer, remove trans skid plate, and ARB compressor mounted near master cylinder for them to do the recall, for a clutch that is working great, have no motivation to do this. Build thread here, probably need to see if I’ve done anything recently. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chads-colorado-2-door-onroad-and-offroad-fun.39251/

Sponsored

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered Dec 22, 2017, assembled Jan 18, 2018, picked up on Feb 18, 2018. Almost 55,000 miles! One of the lucky few to have almost no issues with mine - welds are good, steering box is still original...
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? New Tires and Beadlock Rings

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Mine's a late 2017 build (can't remember if it was November or December). Delivered mid-March 2018.

40,000kms and still looks and feels new, steering isn't too bad

Issues:
- Stalled once for no reason when driving in the first 600kms (inspected but no repairs made, never happened again)
- Rear glass replaced for defective rear defrost wire
- Latch pull to fold down driver side rear seats broke and was replaced
- Had to lower the headlight aim because I was getting flashed constantly (no not like that haha)

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
In service August 2018. Sat for over a year while I was overseas. Right at 38,000 miles with no real issues so far. Combination of daily driver, road trip and off road. Currently posted for sale in member marketplace on here as I’m heading out again and don’t want it to sit for another year.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
March 2018 JLU Sahara currently 42,000mi only a cracked windshield

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Unfortunatly, both had to be replaced under warranty after failing. Maybe the hot Texas summer got to them.
Ro be fair I have to mention my main battery went bad about six weeks ago, I kept going on aux only till last week when I finally received an interstate replacement. This Monday the Aux finally had enough so now I'm running with aux bypassed. I'm undecided about replacing it. So basically both batteries went out right before 3 years, not bad really

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Dec 22, 2017, assembled Jan 18, 2018, picked up on Feb 18, 2018. Almost 55,000 miles! One of the lucky few to have almost no issues with mine - welds are good, steering box is still original...
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? New Tires and Beadlock Rings
Lucky few? You mean the few who say anything. Lol! Data is emerging that they are much better than thought. Plus, the last place to gauge it is on a forum. Everyone with problems speaks up. Few with little trouble do. In fact, many with little trouble even bother to seek out a forum.

Sounds like you have yourself a great Jeep!

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my 2018 JLUR will be 3 years old in about 10 days. 37k miles, replaced start stop battery, other then that its been trouble free, I'm not big into the accessories more then functional items, 35 inch tires with remap, clear bra, bestow sun-rider, etc. Its been a good vehicle, but I kinda have the 3 year itch, I test drove a G550 last weekend which I like a lot, but planning to start some overlanding in a year and G doesn't have the accessories that I what to have such as roof top tents, and the G with rear seats folded is not a flat floor for sleeping, and I can buy 2 loaded Rubicons for the price of 1 G550....

IMG_0022.jpeg

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my 2018 JLUR will be 3 years old in about 10 days. 37k miles, replaced start stop battery, other then that its been trouble free, I'm not big into the accessories more then functional items, 35 inch tires with remap, clear bra, bestow sun-rider, etc. Its been a good vehicle, but I kinda have the 3 year itch, I test drove a G550 last weekend which I like a lot, but planning to start some overlanding in a year and G doesn't have the accessories that I what to have such as roof top tents, and the G with rear seats folded is not a flat floor for sleeping, and I can buy 2 loaded Rubicons for the price of 1 G550....

Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? IMG_0022
IMG_0107.JPG

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Mine turns 3 in April. Just turned 23,000 miles. New steering box, rear axle twice and both batteries. Love the Jeep, it's the best one I have ever owned, but way to electronically complicated. I can self rescue if I get stuck, but can't self rescue a computer.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine turns 3 years old in September, no major issues, I’m one of the lucky ones that got perfect steering. Still original aluminum steering box, maybe quarter inch dead spot.
Only 13k but probably 80 percent of the miles off-road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Early buyers - Is your JL 3 years old yet? 58AFF4EB-7917-46EA-A096-4286E992249E
Sponsored