JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
awww hell nawww

even wife says: should’ve gone with white.
lol

wait and see... Wait and see…

200w.gif
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Looks fine and doesn't look fake either. Could be anything from the lighting to camera used to take it.

Biggest difference between JL and JK is vents behind front fender.

BirdDogSki

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler, 2023 Wrangler Unlimited
That is not airbrushed, that is reflections of items off the side of the assembly line. Same with the line at the top where the hardtop meets. Warehouses and factories are notorious for having horrible lighting. Don't rush to dismiss this color until you see it in actual daylight. Depending on the color temperature of the lighting in there and the color temperature of the settings on the camera used to take this image can make this vehicle look like a completely different color.
Great point I was about to make the same one myself. The factory lighting is not designed to make colors look good. It's designed so the people on the assembly line can see what they are doing. I personally don't mind it. It's quite unique and if this similar to what this looks like when mine comes in I'm keeping it.

BirdDogSki

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im sorry if I offend anyone, but who at Jeep thought this is a good color choice?! This may be the best Jeep color for color blind people. It looks like the Jeep needs some pepto bismol. Cmon Jeep, bring back Chief, baby blue or another Green option, but don’t give us this. This is the paint at Home Depot that nobody wanted except pediatricians offices. The Jeep doesn’t even look happy.

Anywho, I hope those of you who ordered this, really like it LOL. Just one man’s opinion. I know people that also hated orange Jeeps, so 🤷‍♂️.
I ordered one and I like it. But now seeing in this lighting I really do think it would benefit from a hood decal and maybe the 1941 stripe on the side but with the rubicon hood decal it just may end up looking too busy with the 1941 stripe. Also super happy I didn't order it with a painted top and fenders. Having said that I like weird shit.

And for all those worried about the color just remember no matter what color they paint the wrangler it will always look better than that p.o.s door stop that is the cyber truck, or Pontiac Aztec.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I ordered one and I like it. But now seeing in this lighting I really do think it would benefit from a hood decal and maybe the 1941 stripe on the side but with the rubicon hood decal it just may end up looking too busy with the 1941 stripe. Also super happy I didn't order it with a painted top and fenders. Having said that I like weird shit.

And for all those worried about the color just remember no matter what color they paint the wrangler it will always look better than that p.o.s door stop that is the cyber truck, or Pontiac Aztec.
Hahahaha, the Aztec was such a goofy looking SUV. I’m with you, the more black on it, the better. I’d even get a nice blackout hood decal and fender vents, give it a recon look. Maybe a roof rack, door hinge steps, $$$$$$.

Sponsored

BirdDogSki

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love blue vehicles, but have a severe dislike for non-metallic blue. I think it comes off as childish or cartoon like so Chief would be one of the last colors I would buy, but I know there are people out there that love that color so I'm glad it was offered. To be honest I'm not over the moon for Earl, but it's a new color and I think being somewhat on the neutral side will allow me to be creative with accent color, decals, wheels, etc. I would have loved something like the green on the current Bronco or Copperhead that I had on my 2014 JK, but I could only order what's available. I wanted something new and my wife vetoed High Velocity and Reign - Earl it is.
This is super convenient since I in fact am a childish cartoon personified... just ask my wife.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco

Ok guys I know I've said this dozens of times but I'm telling you it's going to be basically the same color as the Broncos Cactus Grey 🌵

Cactus Grey has a slight Green hue/undertone that you really can't seen in person. Looks like a straight non metallic ceramic billiard Grey. Only a slight Green comes out in certain lighting. Very slight. You rarely ever see it. If you want to see what Earl is going to look like go look at a Cactus Grey Bronco in person. I have a feeling Earl will be just a hair darker but the same color. No need to freak out it will not look "minty green" at all.

Here's a factory picture of a Cactus Grey Bronco and the factory picture of the Earl Grey Wrangler. Both under the factory lights. The Wrangler's picture is just clearer. Probably a cleaner camera lens. But they are literally the same color under the same factory lighting.

Screenshot_20220920-051704_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-051558_Samsung Internet.jpg

shellinglife

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Earl Grey
Occupation
Web Designer and Etsy shop owner
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1663685407833

When I first saw that pic, I heard that tiktok/instagram girl voice say : Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no …. 🥴
I mean, look at the bumpers and the top, they all look like a gray/pewter color. So the color is way off on the body as well.

SophieNoel

First Name
Sophie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JT
There are inconsistencies in this picture. The paint just above the "Jeep" logo looks airbrushed. The paint just below the doors looks like a diff shade, too. This is either altered or painted by a moron.
I was thinking the same regarding inconsistency in the photo. If you look at the top of hardtop towards the back of the Jeep, it looks like the photo was sloppily photo shopped and the “paint” color is covering the hardtop or the lighting is just so terrible that the black hardtop is being washed out.

Sponsored

Wranglin'n'Danglin

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Unlimited
I was thinking the same regarding inconsistency in the photo. If you look at the top of hardtop towards the back of the Jeep, it looks like the photo was sloppily photo shopped and the “paint” color is covering the hardtop or the lighting is just so terrible that the black hardtop is being washed out.
Yeah its really odd. I'm not sure definitively if this is the color or not, honestly I'm indifferent, but there are inconsistencies. Folks say they are reflections, but the reflections near the hood and just above the door frame are very different from what is just above the jeep emblem and just at the door frame. It's odd.

Time will tell!

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
1663685407833.jpeg

When I first saw that pic, I heard that tiktok/instagram girl voice say : Oh no, oh no, oh no no no no …. 🥴

You all keep saying edited - Everything looks normal to me considering there are ginormous lights on all sides and the top of the vehicle beaming on it. It will obviously look different on parts of the Jeep with that amount of powerful lights, reflections and contrasting colors from signs, flags, metal, etc. It's simply just not a good photo.

No14

First Name
WranglEarl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I mean lets be real with that production line pic... It's a SPORT! That's why it looks bad 🙃
Lets face it, whoever is getting that horrible thing will have a bad-A Wrangler with just a few mods and a couple of grand
Plenty of truth to that. Far Out concept looks bad ass… well… cuz Look at it!! And all the mods and this and that on it! lol. Heck, far out concept would look good just about in any color….