Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Soooo I just ordered my Earl Rubicon yesterday, and I came here to look, and it seems as if we don't have an Earl colour thread started? Probably because no one has gotten their Earl Jeep yet, but Reign was started early, so I figured what the hell! Why not kick start the Earl Party!

Some of the press photos I've found of Earl are included below!
EDIT: I'm just gonna put this on this post here so it's pinned to the first page and easy to find

Here is a link that explains jeep assembly process a bit better. It explains how the order in which jeeps are built is done as well.

This link here talks about the ordering process, and all of the different codes associated with different steps along the way of ordering , how it is built, etc.
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos BFBCB299-CC60-4D03-8F25-7F5652E3F84A
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 9C6F963F-DF5A-42D3-B843-B917CA0E28DC
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 3C3F6FE6-7E29-4F78-A839-65C0EEC9B0CB
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hello! 🙂
I ordered a Sahara in Earl. I agree that the photos of Earl have varied greatly. I took the risk and ordered it anyway.😬
Worst case scenario, and I end up hating the colour, I figure I can always just toss a bikini pearl wrap overtop of it.... which would have been my first pick, were it still available.... 😔😔

SophieNoel

First Name
Sophie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JT
Good plan!! 👍🏻 🤗 I liked sting gray and anvil so if it’s similar-ish I’ll be happy. 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Though one thing I'm having difficulty deciding is if I want the body colour flares... I keep getting torn, and I don't wanna be calling my guy at the dealer to switch it back & forth constantly.... It's really the last thing I'm not 100% decided on. Originally I went with the body coloured flares, but then I went to black, and now I'm flip flopping all over again....

With: (sorry, picker only images)
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1659560033771

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1659560086721

Without....
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1659560048973

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1659560063041

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I was torn at first too but went with the body color fenders and body colored hardtop. I also chose the tan seats.
Tan leather seats, & def picking body coloured hardtop, at the moment I'm thinking I'm gonna stick with the black flares though. I kinda like how much more of a rugged look it gets.

SophieNoel

First Name
Sophie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JT
Tan leather seats, & def picking body coloured hardtop, at the moment I'm thinking I'm gonna stick with the black flares though. I kinda like how much more of a rugged look it gets.
Definitely changes up the look. One of the best features about the Wrangler is how easily customizable they are even after the fact.

CodeRed

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 chevy pick up 4x4, '09 997.1 turbo MT coupe
Also went with the painted top and fenders with tan interior, was going to do grille in black for the contrast, but had second thoughts and skipped it. I can always paint it black later that seems easier than the other way around. Black fenders and grille was a close second...

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I think the thing with the painted flares is that it just looks too pretty with them. Like it's too dainty (... Well as dainty as a Jeep gets😂) with them. Need some black to mix it up.

CodeRed

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 chevy pick up 4x4, '09 997.1 turbo MT coupe
Dont disagree about the painted fenders, but they wont sun fade like the black plastic does or at least not as bad being white/grey/blue lol

SophieNoel

First Name
Sophie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JT
I think the thing with the painted flares is that it just looks too pretty with them. Like it's too dainty (... Well as dainty as a Jeep gets😂) with them. Need some black to mix it up.
I totally understand what you’re saying. 😂 I was thinking that too. But I also really like the sort of retro look and I think that’s what made the body color flares appeal to me. I had a hard rock rubicon and it was awesome. But I decided I wanted something a little different this go round.
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 46E82AAC-C9D9-4D3A-9B60-BF21A786BF91

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Another option is to wrap the flares in black wrap and then you can always pull it off.
Damn..... I might need to call my guy at the dealer again.... 😂 🤔🤔
Sponsored