Software Engineer

Eddiechi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR Rubicon -- 2023 2DR Rubi ordered Sep 29
Still amazing how different they can be depending on camera and light....

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1667342131902

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 1667342107303

Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Oh of it weren't for the tracker I wouldn't know anything.

I had to go into the dealership (in town) for them to tell me anything. Today I'll print out all my paperwork and head to the bank to finalize loan.

Hopefully I'll get a call this afternoon.
Got the call

Have appt tomorrow at 230 to pick it up

BirdDogSki

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler, 2023 Wrangler Unlimited
Oh nice! Unfortunately heā€™s not much help at all. I learn more from Jeep tracker lol.
Then your dealer is lazy or unwilling. I was at the dealership last week and my salesman pulled up their tracking system and it showed every date and time it went into production, when it was completed, when it was shipped etc. their system has a lot more detail and is way more accurate then what we can see on the consumer side

wildcatze

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Unlimited
Congrats! I like the color balance between the matching hard top and the black fender/wheels/grille. Nicely executed!!
Top appears to have the Sky-One-Touch option (if my eyes serve me correctly). Nice ride!!
Thanks! Yes we went with the Sky one touch and I hope we donā€™t regret it!

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
Then your dealer is lazy or unwilling. I was at the dealership last week and my salesman pulled up their tracking system and it showed every date and time it went into production, when it was completed, when it was shipped etc. their system has a lot more detail and is way more accurate then what we can see on the consumer side
Yes, exactly. Thereā€™s more to it. I think heā€™s bitter bc I had originally spoken to him over the phone about trading in my Gladiator and building a new 2023. He told me to come on in. Now Iā€™d never worked with this dealership before, thereā€™s another one that weā€™ve purchased all 8 or 9 of our vehicles from over the past 20 years or so. Unfortunately their new used trade-in guy didnā€™t want to give us enough for ours so went went elsewhere. Well, we know the owners there and they were very upset that we went elsewhere and didnā€™t talk with them first. Like we told them, we werenā€™t going to go crying to the owners about it and the managers whom we also know, should have known and called us, not the other way around.

So back to this salesman. He told me to come on in. I told him what day Iā€™d be in. He said he wouldnā€™t be there but to speak with his partner, ok no problem. We show up that day at the time scheduled. His partner was no where around. Instead weā€™re greeted by the internet sales manager, fine by us. Well he sets us up with a nice younger man, no problem. This poor kid seemed new and didnā€™t seem like he fit in with the ā€œgood olā€™ boys clubā€ there. He helped us out through every step of the process of building our new Jeep, we actually new everything we wanted so we just told him and had him type it into his computer. Great! We traded in our Gladiator then bc we were worried about what the market would do plus that would give us at least 3 months of no payments to put towards mods for the new Jeep. We asked the you g man if he would get the entire commission, he said no heā€™d have to split it with the first guy I spoke with. That didnā€™t seem fair to me considering he wasnā€™t there nor was his partner and this young man did all of the work. But it is what it is.

I called back to ask if he could remove a special badge from the Gladiator and he said yes then, called me back to say he got it and it was in his drawer and I could get it anytime ā¤.

Later in my husband went to get it and change our color to Earl bc it was still early on. He found out he was no longer working there šŸ˜¢. Nobody told us who was going to take over our account. We called back to see if we were approved to change our color and received several different callbacks from different salesmen letting us know it was approved.

I hadnā€™t heard anything on the status of my Jeep so I called and spoke with a salesman who was extremely helpful and happy to tell me the status of my Jeep. He even offered to keep me up to date. Not five minutes later I received a call from the first salesman who I spoke with by phone. He wanted to see what he could help me with. I said yeah I need updates on my Jeep please. So he told me it was in Toronto, Canada waiting on a train. What? So later on when I seen that my Jeep was built on 10/10, days later still no call from him I called and told him it was built. He said yes and it had its first train ride and was now in Toledo šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø. He told me to feel free to call him anytime. I told him why not call me and keep me up to date? He said oh yeah sure I can do that. Nothing.

Sorry for the novel lol

Sponsored

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
I get mine tomorrow - I love the black top and wheels contrast against the body color

IMG-20221101-153517913.JPG

IMG-20221101-153534751.JPG
Congratsā€¼
Looks exactly what I ordered šŸ˜…
Iā€™m highly partial to a basic Jeep - Very Cool.

Swisskidd

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Corvette, 23 JL Sport Base Earl
Occupation
Automotive Restoration
Yes, exactly. Thereā€™s more to it. I think heā€™s bitter bc I had originally spoken to him over the phone about trading in my Gladiator and building a new 2023. He told me to come on in. Now Iā€™d never worked with this dealership before, thereā€™s another one that weā€™ve purchased all 8 or 9 of our vehicles from over the past 20 years or so. Unfortunately their new used trade-in guy didnā€™t want to give us enough for ours so went went elsewhere. Well, we know the owners there and they were very upset that we went elsewhere and didnā€™t talk with them first. Like we told them, we werenā€™t going to go crying to the owners about it and the managers whom we also know, should have known and called us, not the other way around.

So back to this salesman. He told me to come on in. I told him what day Iā€™d be in. He said he wouldnā€™t be there but to speak with his partner, ok no problem. We show up that day at the time scheduled. His partner was no where around. Instead weā€™re greeted by the internet sales manager, fine by us. Well he sets us up with a nice younger man, no problem. This poor kid seemed new and didnā€™t seem like he fit in with the ā€œgood olā€™ boys clubā€ there. He helped us out through every step of the process of building our new Jeep, we actually new everything we wanted so we just told him and had him type it into his computer. Great! We traded in our Gladiator then bc we were worried about what the market would do plus that would give us at least 3 months of no payments to put towards mods for the new Jeep. We asked the you g man if he would get the entire commission, he said no heā€™d have to split it with the first guy I spoke with. That didnā€™t seem fair to me considering he wasnā€™t there nor was his partner and this young man did all of the work. But it is what it is.

I called back to ask if he could remove a special badge from the Gladiator and he said yes then, called me back to say he got it and it was in his drawer and I could get it anytime ā¤.

Later in my husband went to get it and change our color to Earl bc it was still early on. He found out he was no longer working there šŸ˜¢. Nobody told us who was going to take over our account. We called back to see if we were approved to change our color and received several different callbacks from different salesmen letting us know it was approved.

I hadnā€™t heard anything on the status of my Jeep so I called and spoke with a salesman who was extremely helpful and happy to tell me the status of my Jeep. He even offered to keep me up to date. Not five minutes later I received a call from the first salesman who I spoke with by phone. He wanted to see what he could help me with. I said yeah I need updates on my Jeep please. So he told me it was in Toronto, Canada waiting on a train. What? So later on when I seen that my Jeep was built on 10/10, days later still no call from him I called and told him it was built. He said yes and it had its first train ride and was now in Toledo šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø. He told me to feel free to call him anytime. I told him why not call me and keep me up to date? He said oh yeah sure I can do that. Nothing.

Sorry for the novel lol
Dang! Sounds like constantly pulling teeth.
Growing up in the car business, I have some basic expectations and I also know how they can be met on the dealerā€™s end.
Sadly the buying process is 99% utterly frustrating - and it never gets better as time goes on.

Presently, it takes very little effort to sell cars, and it reflects in the dealerships attitude.

Edit: Spelling

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
threw some 35's on today that weigh 1lb less than the stock 33's... pic outside garage and inside garage to show the color under different conditions

stupid pixel phone is doing some weird filtering thing where it blows out the undertones to make things looks more vivid. you can tell by the sky and the grass/leaves

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos IMG-20221101-153534751.JPG

Killer looking period
Sponsored