Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I still can’t believe they only had Reign on display at the auto show. Why would you torture us like this and keep it hidden away? lol
I know right? Why not send the Far south JT as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
According to my dealer, my Earl Jeep is being painted, but it has been for almost 2 weeks now. Maybe there's an issue with that color/paint line? Just a theory.
There must be some sort of issue, because I've seen so few Earl jeeps around here begin production, which is kinda odd as the first Reign jeeps are having the keys dropped off now.

photogal

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Photographer
I took the image and ran it through black and white. You'll see the airbrush effect above the logo easier. The bottom of the door panel also shows how ridiculous this is. Inconsistent to say the least.
20220919_142953.jpg
That is not airbrushed, that is reflections of items off the side of the assembly line. Same with the line at the top where the hardtop meets. Warehouses and factories are notorious for having horrible lighting. Don't rush to dismiss this color until you see it in actual daylight. Depending on the color temperature of the lighting in there and the color temperature of the settings on the camera used to take this image can make this vehicle look like a completely different color.

Sponsored

outsider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 JK Sahara
Occupation
Photographer
I think if that is the color, then Jeep has done some false advertising on their site!!!! They refer to the color as light grey with hints of aquamarine, so its going to have more blue in it than green.
I think Jeep does a terrible job of showing off the actual colors online. I remember bikini blue looking completely green. You'd think they'd have a way to show the colors better. Online earl looks light blue, which I know is not the case.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I wouldn’t want to be telling people “Wait, don’t go! In this lighting it looks a little better!” 😂

RMA23

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk Cherokee. JL Rubicon.
Im sorry if I offend anyone, but who at Jeep thought this is a good color choice?! This may be the best Jeep color for color blind people. It looks like the Jeep needs some pepto bismol. Cmon Jeep, bring back Chief, baby blue or another Green option, but don’t give us this. This is the paint at Home Depot that nobody wanted except pediatricians offices. The Jeep doesn’t even look happy.

Anywho, I hope those of you who ordered this, really like it LOL. Just one man’s opinion. I know people that also hated orange Jeeps, so 🤷‍♂️.
Because some Einstein over at Jeep just looked at the box.

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos IMG_A91F6327A0AB-1
Truth! The color team at Jeep could really use a creativity injection. Jeep has the most boring colors of any automobile out there.

They must not do any market research at all.
Instead it’s grey, greyish, light grey, grey-een,
moarrrr grey and metallic grey.

Cmon Jeep. You don’t change much year to year so at least give us better colors.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
They must not do any market research at all.
Instead it’s grey, greyish, light grey, grey-een,
moarrrr grey and metallic grey.
Currently on offer are two grey colours, yellow, dark blue, white, two blacks (one metallic, one clear coat), dark green, purple, and Earl. That is 11 colour options total. Two are grey, 3 if you count Earl. There are automakers out there that only offer four or five colours to choose from it is plenty of pictures. Also, tbh, the marketing team seem to have more leeway in naming the colours, cause the names are quite unlike a few other automakers.

Sponsored

No14

First Name
WranglEarl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
First jeep here…. Mentioned that several times. Hehehe. In saying so… I have high hopes for this color…moreso because… is there ever a bad jeep color??? Might’ve seen some that are not my taste… but not enough to make me 🤢 … (except for that earl in the assembly line.)lmfaoooo… can’t be that bad. someone got paid good money to make these color decisions, right?

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
First jeep here…. Mentioned that several times. Hehehe. In saying so… I have high hopes for this color…moreso because… is there ever a bad jeep color??? Might’ve seen some that are not my taste… but not enough to make me 🤢 … (except for that earl in the assembly line.)lmfaoooo… can’t be that bad. someone got paid good money to make these color decisions, right?
I mean lets be real with that production line pic... It's a SPORT! That's why it looks bad 🙃
Lets face it, whoever is getting that horrible thing will have a bad-A Wrangler with just a few mods and a couple of grand

Last edited:
OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I mean lets be real with that production line pic... It's a SPORT! That's why it looks bad 🙃
Lets face it, whoever is getting that horrible thing will have a bad-A Wrangler with just a few mods and a couple of grand
I'm sorry, I just want to be clear on what you said, are you mocking some for getting a 2 door sport and not spending enough cash on their mods?

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
Im sorry if I offend anyone, but who at Jeep thought this is a good color choice?! This may be the best Jeep color for color blind people. It looks like the Jeep needs some pepto bismol. Cmon Jeep, bring back Chief, baby blue or another Green option, but don’t give us this.
I love blue vehicles, but have a severe dislike for non-metallic blue. I think it comes off as childish or cartoon like so Chief would be one of the last colors I would buy, but I know there are people out there that love that color so I'm glad it was offered. To be honest I'm not over the moon for Earl, but it's a new color and I think being somewhat on the neutral side will allow me to be creative with accent color, decals, wheels, etc. I would have loved something like the green on the current Bronco or Copperhead that I had on my 2014 JK, but I could only order what's available. I wanted something new and my wife vetoed High Velocity and Reign - Earl it is.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I love blue vehicles, but have a severe dislike for non-metallic blue. I think it comes off as childish or cartoon like so Chief would be one of the last colors I would buy, but I know there are people out there that love that color so I'm glad it was offered. To be honest I'm not over the moon for Earl, but it's a new color and I think being somewhat on the neutral side will allow me to be creative with accent color, decals, wheels, etc. I would have loved something like the green on the current Bronco or Copperhead that I had on my 2014 JK, but I could only order what's available. I wanted something new and my wife vetoed High Velocity and Reign - Earl it is.
And we all look forward to seeing what you do with it! 🤙
Sponsored