EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos

CaboJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's
There's always the option of getting a wrap or if your budget allows, getting a custom paint job.
I will need to see it in person. Worse case, lose my deposit and start over.....
Sponsored

Wranglin'n'Danglin

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Unlimited
I'm horrible at telling JLs & JKs apart from a front view, so I always double check....,

So far I don't immidieately hate it.... I definitely see where Chrysler would have gotten the name "minty" .....
JKs will usually have the Jeep emblem above the grill, if memory serves. This particular one does not, so def looks like JL.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
BTW, for those of you who got paint chips, how does this compare?

Edit, still waiting on Earl chip, I ordered a couple of extras with a Reign one as well on Friday with faster shipping...
To be honest, that looks nothing like the paint sample that I have. I think it's just poor lighting, but I could be wrong - and disappointed when mine shows up.

Sponsored

Wranglin'n'Danglin

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Unlimited
To be honest, that looks nothing like the paint sample that I have. I think it's just poor lighting, but I could be wrong - and disappointed when mine shows up.
The picture can't be real. See my reply to OP above this comment...

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Saw this in another group

9FA4CA4F-4D82-47BA-B31B-58068C631C57.jpeg
Im sorry if I offend anyone, but who at Jeep thought this is a good color choice?! This may be the best Jeep color for color blind people. It looks like the Jeep needs some pepto bismol. Cmon Jeep, bring back Chief, baby blue or another Green option, but don’t give us this. This is the paint at Home Depot that nobody wanted except pediatricians offices. The Jeep doesn’t even look happy.

Anywho, I hope those of you who ordered this, really like it LOL. Just one man’s opinion. I know people that also hated orange Jeeps, so 🤷‍♂️.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
If that is in fact Earl, I might have made a bad choice.....
Lol... Keep in mind cameras pick up undertones in paint that you don't really see in person.

Here's 2 different pictures of Fords Cactus Grey. The bottom picture was an early picture when Ford showed a mannequin model. Or whatever the Hell they called it at the time. Lol. The top is what it really looks like in person.

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos WT-CG

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 2021-Ford-Bronco-Four-Door-18812

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
There are inconsistencies in this picture. The paint just above the "Jeep" logo looks airbrushed. The paint just below the doors looks like a diff shade, too. This is either altered or painted by a moron.
I dont know about around the logo or under the doors, but the mismatched colouring of the top is a big tip off, and even if that were just a black top with reflections, there's no way that's the cause cause we have similar shots of other black HT coming off the line and *none* of them are *ever* that glossy.

Wranglin'n'Danglin

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Unlimited
I dont know about around the logo or under the doors, but the mismatched colouring of the top is a big tip off, and even if that were just a black top with reflections, there's no way that's the cause cause we have similar shots of other black HT coming off the line and *none* of them are *ever* that glossy.
I took the image and ran it through black and white. You'll see the airbrush effect above the logo easier. The bottom of the door panel also shows how ridiculous this is. Inconsistent to say the least.
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos 20220919_142953

shellinglife

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Earl Grey
Occupation
Web Designer and Etsy shop owner
If that is in fact Earl, I might have made a bad choice.....
I think if that is the color, then Jeep has done some false advertising on their site!!!! They refer to the color as light grey with hints of aquamarine, so its going to have more blue in it than green.

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I think if that is the color, then Jeep has done some false advertising on their site!!!! They refer to the color as light grey with hints of aquamarine, so its going to have more blue in it than green.
Pretty sure it's fake.