Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Just picked up on Thursday!
My new Wrangler Sahara 4xe in Earl - saw a Bronco across from the dealer on the way home and had to see if the Cactus Grey was close to Earl.
What do you think?

Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos PXL_20240107_220744468
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos PXL_20240107_220744468
Yeah the other day when I was driving home from work, I noticed a cactus gray Bronco driving on the frontage road, and I was thinking about it for a couple miles, just about Broncos in general. And then I passed by a Earl Wrangler getting up onto the off ramp, and that's when I realize, the timing Earl was released, it is literally just a Bronco competitor.

I'm not sure if Earl is an old color they brought back, but it is definitely a Bronco competitor.

Not that that's a bad thing, honestly I think the cactus gray looks dumb and overdone on the Bronco. Every damn Bronco I see on the street, more than half of them are cactus gray. At least in this one instance, it's kind of nice not seeing too many Earl Wranglers around. It makes them look special compared to the cactus Gray Broncos.

DUCK01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Sport, 2022 Bronco Basequatch
Yeah the other day when I was driving home from work, I noticed a cactus gray Bronco driving on the frontage road, and I was thinking about it for a couple miles, just about Broncos in general. And then I passed by a Earl Wrangler getting up onto the off ramp, and that's when I realize, the timing Earl was released, it is literally just a Bronco competitor.

I'm not sure if Earl is an old color they brought back, but it is definitely a Bronco competitor.

Not that that's a bad thing, honestly I think the cactus gray looks dumb and overdone on the Bronco. Every damn Bronco I see on the street, more than half of them are cactus gray. At least in this one instance, it's kind of nice not seeing too many Earl Wranglers around. It makes them look special compared to the cactus Gray Broncos.
I agree that Earl was in response to the popularity of Cactus Gray, but Earl is done so much better, IMO. I liked CG in the initial release pics, but when I saw it in person it just looked gray. Someone described is as "it looks like Ford shot the primer and forgot to come back and actually paint it a color." I can't unsee that, now. Earl has more of a blue-green hue to it than gray, IMO. My wife gets compliments on it all the time - I'm driving her Jeep this week and a teacher at my kid's school commented on it yesterday at pickup time.

The fact that Earl is proving to be somewhat rare is a bonus. I've always liked the "limited" less popular colors. I still get excited on the rare occasion I see a Gecko or Crush JK. When I reserved my Bronco way back when, it seemed like everyone was going for Cactus or Area 51. I went the exact opposite with Cyber Orange (aka metallic school bus). The fact that Ford discontinued the Base and Cyber Orange and that mine is a 2 door Sasquatch makes it a fairly uncommon combination. Once it gets passed off to my son in a few years, I'll be back in a Jeep. I just hope they bring back some of the brighter colors or Hella Yella by then.
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos pic

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I agree that Earl was in response to the popularity of Cactus Gray, but Earl is done so much better, IMO. I liked CG in the initial release pics, but when I saw it in person it just looked gray. Someone described is as "it looks like Ford shot the primer and forgot to come back and actually paint it a color." I can't unsee that, now. Earl has more of a blue-green hue to it than gray, IMO. My wife gets compliments on it all the time - I'm driving her Jeep this week and a teacher at my kid's school commented on it yesterday at pickup time.

The fact that Earl is proving to be somewhat rare is a bonus. I've always liked the "limited" less popular colors. I still get excited on the rare occasion I see a Gecko or Crush JK. When I reserved my Bronco way back when, it seemed like everyone was going for Cactus or Area 51. I went the exact opposite with Cyber Orange (aka metallic school bus). The fact that Ford discontinued the Base and Cyber Orange and that mine is a 2 door Sasquatch makes it a fairly uncommon combination. Once it gets passed off to my son in a few years, I'll be back in a Jeep. I just hope they bring back some of the brighter colors or Hella Yella by then.
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos pic
Agreed, I'm waiting for other bikini or gecko

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos IMG_6472
Jeep Wrangler JL EARL Wrangler JL Club / Photos IMG_6470
2024, just rolled over 800 miles on the odometer. Still with the paper plates on it. I did a 3.5” lift on Monday and had the 37s installed on Tuesday, happy wife happy life 🤷‍♂️