Sponsored

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
According to the image on page 1 of the new Rubicon wheels, if that is accurate, it means the Rubicon is getting the Rubicon 4XE wheel as standard and the original wheel as the optional one. Kinda strange.

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Reign = Purple? (Reference to Prince? Really? Barf.)
Purple has an association with monarchy going back thousands of years, including sumptuary laws in various countries restricting its wearing to royal family members. The weirdo musician symbol guy is a tiny, tiny footnote to that history.

Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I'll admit I'm different but, for me "sarge" isnt a huge leap to green.

I'll wager that not many people would equate "reign", or even "rain", with purple.
I am not being facetious, but when I heard the name "Reign" purple was THE first color that came to mind. Reign is suggestive of kings, queens, and emperors. Royalty has always been represented by purple due to its historically high cost of manufacture during antiquity and beyond. It is not a leap, or even a skip, to associate "Reign" with a shade of purple. First world issues. 🙄

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I like green Jeeps, but in general Jeep gravitates towards greens that are too dark.

I owned a 2013 Rubicon in Commando; I loved that color. Even if I called it “guacamole.”

Besides Commando, Sarge is brighter than recent greens offered by Jeep — i.e., Tank Green, Forest Green, Natural Green and Jeep Green — but it’s still on the dark side.

There are two Sarge Jeeps on my dealer lot: they appear black in the shade.
I love the Gator on my Gladiator :D

Also, when I heard "Reign" I immediately thought purple because of Rain from Mortal Kombat :D

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign colors officially coming this year (late availability)! 1654791102631

LMAO, apparently all roads lead back to Prince! According to the MK Wiki:

"
About Rain

Rain was originally meant to appear in Mortal Kombat 3, but didn't actually appear until Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Rain was originally a red herring inserted by the game developers; a character shown in the game's attract mode who did not actually exist within the game itself. A recent interview reveals that the insert was made by Ed Boon himself to intentionally trick players. Many MK fans searched for him in vain, with the eventual realization of his status as a joke character (named after a Prince song, "Purple Rain" due to Boon himself being a longtime fan of the musician) dawning. The joke expands further when it is revealed that Rain is a "prince" himself. He would, however, soon make an actual appearance in the console versions of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy as a full-fledged character with his own history (that of a traitor to his realm) and move set, to the delight of many fans and the chagrin of others."

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Rain

Last edited:

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
Earl and Reign? Really? Not just purple and greenish gray? Not even "grape" and "sea foam" or something like that? No, gotta be "Earl" and "Reign" does it?

Well, pip pip and la dee da. Say hello to the Queen when next thou see her.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
As stated previously reign is royal purple however there are many others like Ape or Barney but Drink would be awesome.
"I want that purple stuff..."

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Considering they called Rasberry after a 70's sitcom character, calling Reign after Prince would be my guess, plus it shows a true American influence like it or not.

yeti1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JL Two Door Rubicon
Considering they called Rasberry after a 70's sitcom character, calling Reign after Prince would be my guess, plus it shows a true American influence like it or not.

Any word on when the standard wheel will be available to order on the Rubicon?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Does Reign Purple + Angry Grille = Purple People Eater? 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign colors officially coming this year (late availability)! 1654791102631

You would need to start with the 392, then remove one headlight and add a tall snorkel. Then you can say that you have a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater.
Sponsored