Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Mojave JT
Purples are really hard to get right on internet photos. Here's a few pics of my daily driver when it was getting done. Dodge sent me pictures of every step, and I was on the edge of my seat. Paying that kind of coin for a purple car wasn't what I originally had planned... I can say for a fact that it looks VERY different in different lighting.

1658190198677.jpeg

Some bits and pieces during the build process:

1658190275517.jpeg

Long story short, I was freaking out because I like the purple on one side, and I hate it on the other side. But, it's just a different lighting angle - it ended up turning out great.
Picture is definitely deceiving! Looks like two completely different purples.
Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Picture is definitely deceiving! Looks like two completely different purples.
I had never seen the color in person, and every picture I looked at was different. Some looked like Plum Crazy Purple, some looked like an eggplant purple.... When they sent me the above picture during the build, I was flipping out a bit - I wasn't sure what I was going to get. It turned out great, but I don't know if I would trust an online picture ever again. When I got my Sting Gray Rubicon, I figured it was pretty safe - even though I couldn't find one (or any Jeeps) on the dealer lots at the time.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Purples are really hard to get right on internet photos. Here's a few pics of my daily driver when it was getting done. Dodge sent me pictures of every step, and I was on the edge of my seat. Paying that kind of coin for a purple car wasn't what I originally had planned... I can say for a fact that it looks VERY different in different lighting.

1658190198677.jpeg

Some bits and pieces during the build process:

1658190275517.jpeg

Long story short, I was freaking out because I like the purple on one side, and I hate it on the other side. But, it's just a different lighting angle - it ended up turning out great.
I came very close to ordering a Viper while stationed overseas.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! baciyd

Even being a Vette guy, I love me some Vipers. Definitely digging the reign. I'm hoping I can get one ordered before they get rid of it.
Ironically, I have a ‘66 Stingray (restoration in progress) and met Mathew McConauGhey

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
I came very close to ordering a Viper while stationed overseas.
I came very close to missing the boat on it... I wanted one, but at that time, Viper values were horrible. I bought two others, and they depreciated like crazy. Then, a buddy of mine at SRT told me "dude, you need to get an order in - we're about to totally shut down production, and all of them are pretty much spoken for." So, I built a "one of one" and because it was purple, the dealer was willing to do it at invoice with a non-refundable deposit because he thought it was going to look like crap and I wouldn't want to take it. Two days after I got my order in and accepted, they closed the order books for good.

Now, the thing is worth over twice what I paid for it. I got it fully wrapped and then ceramic coated, and stored all the factory goodies away. The thing looks amazing with that three-stage Stryker Purple - the color changes anywhere from a blueish purple to a reddish purple depending on the sunlight. I'll probably never part with it, but I did learn a lesson - friends at SRT (or what used to be SRT) know what's up.

Now, I'm waiting patiently for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon to be announced. It's going to be cool - but expensive. Not sure how it will do in today's market where the world is quickly falling apart.

Ketamingo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Accord. 2023 JLUR XR HVY ordered 6/25.
Two more looks at these colors straight from the Jeep.com 2023 Wrangler image gallery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Screenshot_20220729-134603
Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Screenshot_20220729-134534

Sponsored

n8billings

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Earl 6speed
Occupation
Director of Coaching
Let me help you guys on the fence.

Buy Earl if:
-you are also getting black fenders
-you are cool with a grey/blue/green ish hue
-you want grey but everyone has grey and you dont want the other greys.
-you missed out on Gobi :crying:

Yeah....I missed out on Gobi...

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Two more looks at these colors straight from the Jeep.com 2023 Wrangler image gallery.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Screenshot_20220729-134534
I like that the Reign in this picture shows a little darker. In some other photos, it's almost a lavender shade.