Sponsored

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
New Limited Edition Reign and Earl Clear Coat colors are now able to order as of today. I check everyday and they just showed up.

Available on every Jeep Wrangler Trim except the High Altitude Trims.

Official Press Release Announcement:

Jeep® Brand Debuts Two New Wrangler Exterior Color Options for 2023 Model Year
Earl and Limited-production Reign Exterior Colors Now Open for Dealer Orders
  • From concept to production: Earl, first shown on the Jeep® Gladiator Farout concept in 2020, joins the Jeep Wrangler production exterior color palette for the first time
  • Reign exterior color brings purple back to Wrangler palette for a limited time for the 2023 model year
  • Now open for orders, Earl and Reign are available on Wrangler Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, 4xe and 392 models, as well as the new Freedom Edition
July 13, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® brand continues to keep its color palette fresh, giving Jeep enthusiasts the ability to order a custom look straight from the factory with not one, but two new exterior production colors on the 2023 model-year Jeep Wrangler: Earl and limited-production Reign.

First showcased on the Gladiator Farout concept in 2020, Earl, a standout shade of gray with hints of aquamarine, makes its debut as an available exterior production color on the Wrangler lineup for the first time for the 2023 model year.

Purple, last seen on the 2018 JK Wrangler, makes a comeback as Reign in the 2023 model year. Eye-catching Reign, available for a limited run in the 2023 model year, will appeal to all customers passionate about purple.

“We received a lot of positive feedback on Earl when it debuted on the Gladiator Farout concept, and we work to deliver what our customers tell us they want,” said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. “These limited-run colors like Earl and Reign draw a huge enthusiast following because they’re exciting, authentic and stand out, much like the Jeep community.”

Earl and Reign join a lengthy lineup of vivid and special-run colors that add customization and appeal to the Jeep Wrangler, with a special color palette straight from the factory. Available on all Wrangler models, including Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, 4xe and 392, Earl, with a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $395, will be available for the entire 2023 model year. Limited-production Reign, with a U.S. MSRP of $495, can be ordered now through October.

These new colors join Firecracker Red, High Velocity, Hydro Blue, Sarge Green, Silver Zynith, Sting Gray, Granite Crystal, Black and Bright White for the 2023 model year.

2023_Jeep_Wrangler_Rubicon.jpg

jeep-wrangler-earl-color.jpg

Reign Jeep Wrangler Color.jpg

Is t his Earl?
Jeep-Gladiator-Overlander-Farout-Concept-1.jpg
th.jpg
Looking to order in the next day or two but can't decide whether or not to go with Earl, every pic looks different and I know the color changes a bit. I like the pic on jeep builder but others look totaly Grey. Looking for that semi steel blueish green color, think this is it?
Hope Earl looks like this...
Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Jeep Earl
Sponsored

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Interesting; I was playing around with the configurator and it won't allow dual doors (lowers only) in either new colour except- on the 392 you can get 'em in Reign but not Earl. :whatsgoingon:

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Man I WANT that Purple! Well stuck with Snazzelberry, but considering my 4xe cost almost 10k more now then it cost me when I bought it pre-production, I'll live with the Red.

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
For the Earl Grey, I'd have to see it in person. It varies from looking "Earl Grey, Hot" to "blah" in the photos. Funny they'd pick that name for the color :) I didn't look through all the postings, but *someone* must have picked up on that one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1658188491762

Also, nobody picked up on this one?

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1658188678998

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Purples are really hard to get right on internet photos. Here's a few pics of my daily driver when it was getting done. Dodge sent me pictures of every step, and I was on the edge of my seat. Paying that kind of coin for a purple car wasn't what I originally had planned... I can say for a fact that it looks VERY different in different lighting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1658190198677

Some bits and pieces during the build process:

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1658190275517

Long story short, I was freaking out because I like the purple on one side, and I hate it on the other side. But, it's just a different lighting angle - it ended up turning out great.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
For the Earl Grey, I'd have to see it in person. It varies from looking "Earl Grey, Hot" to "blah" in the photos. Funny they'd pick that name for the color :) I didn't look through all the postings, but *someone* must have picked up on that one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1658190275517

You’re late to the party bud, lots of people have been talking about the Artist formerly known as Prince aspect to the reign name. And Sir Patrick Stewart, yes…Earl tea…but not specifically him to this moment. So you got that lol

Sponsored

Milky160

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU

Oh I did. I was actually waiting to see who else would as well.

4xEarl

First Name
I
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe Earl (on order)
Earl might be similar to Dodge's "smoke show" color:

bhb2kphg13061.jpg

Challenger Smoke show color.jpg

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
Earl might be similar to Dodge's "smoke show" color:

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Challenger Smoke show color

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Challenger Smoke show color
Smoke Show is a different paint code and is grayer. Earl will appear more blue in comparison.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
While it may be about Prince, purple is also historically the color of royalty. Why, no one asked? Well... once upon a time purple dye was the most difficult and therefore most expensive color to produce. Hence, only royalty and the very wealthy could afford purple clothing. In Ancient Rome some emperors actually forbade citizens from wearing purple even if they could afford it, reserving the color for themselves. What do emperors and royals do? Reign. If it was just about Prince I imagine they would have left it purple but called it "Rain". Earl is, of course, also a royal designation. I could be completely wrong about all of this, of course. It is the internet. But if Reign is an homage to Prince, does that mean Earl is an homage to Jason Lee? :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! Untitled 3
Sponsored

Last edited: