Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
What is the obsession with grays?? Do we really need thirty different grays? I just don’t get the draw.
It's the best selling color that isn't black or white. If people weren't buying it they wouldn't be painting them.

Super interesting video from donut media on paint colors on cars matching economic conditions

Sponsored

Jeepher

First Name
Destiny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Interesting. Plum Crazy was PHG. I can’t find PHT in any previous codes. Could be a legit new color.
New color. Contact at the factory said months ago it's PHT, I posted photos from actual paint dept in OH there, on another thread what they have in production now. It looks great dark, but not a fan in the sun. Hellraisin was my hope.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
It's the best selling color that isn't black or white. If people weren't buying it they wouldn't be painting them.

Super interesting video from donut media on paint colors on cars matching economic conditions

Agreed but why? I always wonder what so many people see in blah. I mean look at some of the comments here dissecting the exact hue of grays. I just dont get it I guess lol.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
This is the best sample I found.

I contacted my dealer today to change my 2023 Wrangler order to “Earl“ if it’s available. The new for 2023 paint color is not showing on the 2023 Wrangler build site🤞
Jeep Wrangler JL Earl and Reign Colors Now Available to Order. First Official Photos! 1657717003470

Last edited:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Earl is paint code WGP also known as Minty

base coat mixes as follows:
White 414.4 grams
Strang Black 108.3 grams
Inorganic Yellow (very bright yellow) 23.3 grams
green shade blue 8.8 grams

It will look gray with a mint tone, just as others have suggested
Do you happen to know the same breakdown for Sting-Gray/PDN?

Agreed but why? I always wonder what so many people see in blah. I mean look at some of the comments here dissecting the exact hue of grays. I just dont get it I guess lol.
Personally, I just want to find an unadulterated mid-shade grey that doesn't have other hues/colors mixed in at all (at least that you can see). You'd think that would be very common and readily offered from most manufacturers offering a 'sea of grey' to choose from, but it's not. Instead, they somehow feel the need to liven up their 'boring' greys with fancy colors. If I wanted some added excitement in my paint job, I probably wouldn't be buying a grey vehicle in the first place.

Granite Crystal metallic is pretty close to this imo (has some browns, though), but might as well be 'light black' instead of grey.

Sponsored

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
That's my picture and I still carry that swatch around with me while I've been waiting to order. If you've seen any pictures or video of the Farout concept, you'll know what it's going to look like. It's a lighter gray with a blue/green hint. I would say more blue than green though. This is a good video that represents the color pretty accurately from what I can tell:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
That's my picture and I still carry that swatch around with me while I've been waiting to order. If you've seen any pictures or video of the Farout concept, you'll know what it's going to look like. It's a lighter gray with a blue/green hint. I would say more blue than green though. This is a good video that represents the color pretty accurately from what I can tell:
That’s how I remember it from Expo. Much more gray than Ford’s Cactus Gray color. The Ford color has quite a lot of green in it. Same for Toyota’s Lunar Rock. This has just an occasional hit of green/blue.

The still from the video is how it looks IRL — light gray.