First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
What are you waiting for??? :) gotta install that ASAP!

Also you must have gotten the last batch... sounds like the majority are outta stock.

Eeeeek. That sucks. Sorry. Can you still order and pay so that folks are still getting it cheaper than other places?

Other option is to get it from other sites like amazon etc... pay more but get it sooner?
They said I had to wait until they have them to order them, Amazon is $200 more
Sponsored

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
I have these doors and they are great. I have a few questions...
1. There is an extra mirror vibration pad, it came with three. The third is t like the first two any suggestions?
2. Two longer screws that are for the mirror, but canā€™t find where they go.
3. Does anyone elseā€™s doors rattle? I ordered larger rubber bumps to see if that helps.
Any help would be great

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have these doors and they are great. I have a few questions...
1. There is an extra mirror vibration pad, it came with three. The third is t like the first two any suggestions?
2. Two longer screws that are for the mirror, but canā€™t find where they go.
3. Does anyone elseā€™s doors rattle? I ordered larger rubber bumps to see if that helps.
Any help would be great

One of the rubber pads should be wedge shape that one goes on the drivers side
those longer screws is to account for the added thickness of the wedge
The door latches are adjustable, your instruction will show you which screws to use. As long as you adjust the doors so the bump stop is slightly compressed you will nave NO rattles. It may take a few tries at adjustment but you should be able to achieve rattle free doors.

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
One of the rubber pads should be wedge shape that one goes on the drivers side
those longer screws is to account for the added thickness of the wedge
The door latches are adjustable, your instruction will show you which screws to use. As long as you adjust the doors so the bump stop is slightly compressed you will nave NO rattles. It may take a few tries at adjustment but you should be able to achieve rattle free doors.
So, the drivers side should have two rubber pads??

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
My set of EAG Matrix doors had a wedge shaped rubber spacer fir the drivers side mirror so the thicker wedge side used the longer screws. The wedge made it so the mirror was angled for driver viewing without the wedge you have to lean a little to use the mirror. Again that was on my set of Matrix doors, this other styles may be a little different. If you do not have the wedge just buy two shorter screw or use them, it is up to you.

Which model doors do you have?

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
Went to my local hardware distributor, and bought all the bolts in black. Needed to replace all the stupid chrome bolts. Easier than painting. This whole pack was $8 bucks :). Better than paying over a buck each at Home Depot or Loweā€™s. F that.

Huge difference imo. No stupid chrome.

80A2D04A-B2DE-40D1-A924-14979DF5988C.jpeg

A95493D7-EC72-444C-8BB9-EFCCD6C5C766.jpeg
278B9208-1FC6-4272-B541-7DBA6B58A5BE.jpeg
143E6AB8-E5E7-4BE0-BC47-934706246123.jpeg
Do you know what size bolts you bought?? Great idea!!!

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
I canā€™t find my installation packet does any care to share. Looking for bolt sizes on the first page

Thx

Sponsored

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Do you know what size bolts you bought?? Great idea!!!
No prob!

I believe they were all M6ā€™s and M8ā€™s. Lengths were 20 and 25mm, plus a couple of 35 and 40mm for the two M6ā€™s for the mirror. Depends on the size wedge you use for the driver side.

I got mine all from my local Fastenal. Donā€™t go to big chain places like Loweā€™s etc. thatā€™ll be 50 bucks or more

Amazon. They are due here today.
PINCHUANG 80Pcs Glass Table Top Bumpers, Rubber Glass Table Top Spacers, Anti Collision Embedded Stem Bumper for Table, Furniture Cabinet Doorļ¼ˆ5 Different Sizeļ¼‰ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZHVQW7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qowfDb20AP32S
Great idea dude! I was able to use the original rubber strips and got no rattle. Just use the adjustment!

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Just wanted to quickly introduce myself and to thank you guys for the great thread regarding the EAG doors. I'm AJ and am happy to help with any questions regarding the EAG doors or any other items from Vicious Offroad. I know the first question will probably be regarding the stock on a lot of our doors, and the answer to that is they are coming! Should be here in 2 weeks.
Sponsored