Sponsored

EAG Matrix Tube Half Doors Review (with Pics)

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
The Latch is solid, it is also adjustable so will not rattle what so ever when properly adjusted, which is very easy to do, They are perfect for around town or on the trail.
I'm having some difficulty getting the latches adjusted to no rattle. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I'm having some difficulty getting the latches adjusted to no rattle. What am I doing wrong?
You need to have pressure on the rubber bumpers when closed, that will create the tension on the latch that will eliminate any rattle. You want that bumper compressed when closed.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We tow our wrangler behind out Motorhome and I need to tow with stock doors on. What I really like about the EAG doors is I can put all 4 in the bed of the wrangler when towing then throw them on when at destination. However to fit inside the slipstream security enclosure I had to remove the EAG mirrors. Instead of putting the EAG mirros on each time at the destination I purchased Double Take motorcycle mirrors that mount to a Ramball I installed on the cowl bolt. They install in about 30 seconds. this also provides for mirrors if I also decide to go doorless. I could not be more pleased with the EAG doors and this mirror set up

Here are some pics

tow%201_zps07ayehix.jpg

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg

mirrors%201_zpsnciffjgl.jpg

mirrors%202_zps7nrcprn1.jpg

mirrors%203_zpsnwvuxea5.jpg

Last edited:

DTPICKREL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi Punk'n Orange and love it
We tow our wrangler behind out Motorhome and I need to tow with stock doors on. What I really like about the EAG doors is I can put all 4 in the bed of the wrangler when towing then throw them on when at destination. However to fit inside the slipstream security enclosure I had to remove the EAG mirrors. Instead of putting the EAG mirros on each time at the destination I purchased Double Take motorcycle mirrors that mount to a Ramball I installed on the cowl bolt. They install in about 30 seconds. this also provides for mirrors if I also decide to go doorless. I could not be more pleased with the EAG doors and this mirror set up

Love the idea of those mirrors but would love to put them on the grab handles. Do you think there is a way to mount the ram ball on the grab handles without shelling out the $250 plus for the Carolina Metal Mount ram option?

DTPICKREL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi Punk'n Orange and love it
vs no doors it also makes a good arm rest.

The other nice thing you can do is buy 2" velcro straps (4" would be Ideal) long enough to weave in the holes of the existing mesh for completely enclosed door if needed for longer high speed trips. This would knock down 95% of the wind and make it more like full doors with windows down. Since the velcro in-place easy on and off but for front doors hiway travel it is an cheap option.

door%20straps_zpsg4c1q5tj.jpg
I love your write up and review of these doors. I live in North Texas and hated my JK doors off due to the wind we got. I had aftermarket half doors and loved them. I now have a JL and was hoping to read two things in your review....about the rattles or lack of rattle and about the wind. Thank for mentioning both in your posts. Great idea with weaving in some more webbing. I have the Punkin Orange and just found color matching webbing. I bet these would look awesome with the orange interwoven with the4 black or even completely replacing the black. Thanks again for the time to review and respond to all other questions. .

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am 4 months in with the EAG doors (almost full time) pushing 700 miles of rough forest service roads and trails, no rattles yet, NONE... and if they do appear just re adjust the door locks or replace the rubber bump stop. Now only if there was a way to keep the dirt/dust out

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Appreciate this review and thread, just trying to find these now (seem to be out of stock these days).

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Appreciate this review and thread, just trying to find these now (seem to be out of stock these days).
Happens every year they sell out just before summer and gone for the season since they come from China takes time to restock.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
There are many different types of steel my friend. Some have very high carbon some dont, etc, etc...more suseptable to rusting and holding its shape due to rockwell hardness off the metal. Could dent and ding much easier than others(or not).

Powder coating is actually very tricky to do. Yes, it may look good out of the box but was the metal prepared as well as it should have been to get powder coated? How high a quality is the actual powder coat material? Is it powder or wet spray? All factors that play in to how long the finish and components will last. Same with the latches and mesh, and quality of the welds, etc, etc, etc..

Like I said I hope it works out, keep me posted...if all good i may get em'
I doubt anyone is gonna ask you what hardness those doors are or what type of powdercoat finish you have and how many electrons were used in the process. there off road tube doors that serve a purpose of saving your real doors so who really cares? they look good, they work, there priced great, they just dont have that fancy name on the side that im guessing screams quality made in the USA to everyone. I would buy these doors in a second than have to pay 3x the price for a fancy name door that is most likely manufactured the same dam way!!

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I doubt anyone is gonna ask you what hardness those doors are or what type of powdercoat finish you have and how many electrons were used in the process. there off road tube doors that serve a purpose of saving your real doors so who really cares? they look good, they work, there priced great, they just dont have that fancy name on the side that im guessing screams quality made in the USA to everyone. I would buy these doors in a second than have to pay 3x the price for a fancy name door that is most likely manufactured the same dam way!!

Agreed. I have had mine nearly 2.5 years now and they still look like new and I run them all summer they have been through rain her in the PNW as well as Saltwater environment. The EAG doors are a solid build.

Sponsored

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Agreed. I have had mine nearly 2.5 years now and they still look like new and I run them all summer they have been through rain her in the PNW as well as Saltwater environment. The EAG doors are a solid build.
any idea were to get hinge bolts? my stock hinge bolts wont thread on theres?

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Here are some pics

Jeep Wrangler JL EAG Matrix Tube Half Doors Review (with Pics) mirrors%203_zpsnwvuxea5

Jeep Wrangler JL EAG Matrix Tube Half Doors Review (with Pics) mirrors%203_zpsnwvuxea5

do your stock hinge bolts match the door threads?

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
do you have link to those motorcycle mirrors? Looks like you attached it to one of TORX bolts at the edge of the hood cowl with telescopic arm.. i'm considering doing something similar once i get these doors as those mirrors look way too bulky plus it will be easier to store the doors when they are off. Thanks!

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
do you have link to those motorcycle mirrors? Looks like you attached it to one of TORX bolts at the edge of the hood cowl with telescopic arm.. i'm considering doing something similar once i get these doors as those mirrors look way too bulky plus it will be easier to store the doors when they are off. Thanks!
Here is what I have but there are cheaper versions on Amazon

doubletake Mirrors
Sponsored