OP

Vedder

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
Just bought new tires. It was a big decision for me since I just dont want to F up the way the stock rubi rides. Even on the trail without airing down the ride is crazy GREAT and I just didnt want to lose that. They are better then my aired down to 10psi 35's long arm suspended TJ and I though it was amazing. I dont know what jeep did or what kind of magic the C's have or both but pretty happy with it and didnt want to lose that.

I went with what the stock tire rating was, C. The rig was meant for 35's (315/70/17) so the look was expected but now for the ride on road and off.

On road, same maybe better. Power was somewhat tamed but the 33's had the motor almost too peppy so even that ended up good. I didnt re calibrate yet.

Now for off roading. Forest road but mostly rocky piles of nastiness. I've been on it before with the 33s and again I was completely amazed how it rode without airing down. The 35's were even better, hard to believe.

The C's might not be as tuff as the E rated tires, dunno. But I am willing to risk it.
What tires did you buy?
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Not sure if it was the switch from E to D, or the switch from BFG to Milestar that made the difference, but my new tires made a significant difference in overall ride quality when I had them put on last week. It's most noticeable on rural windy and uneven roads where the BFGs used to snap my head with body roll and yawl and on bridge expansion joints on the highway where the BFGs used to rattle the dash. Since switching to the Milestars, all of that is gone. Railroad tracks, bridge joints, pot holes, etc. are all smooth and controlled now with no dash rattle and uneven roadways are more tamed.

I did not expect the change. If anything I figured it would get worse with the mud tires. But it's actually a very pleasant surprise. The sidewalls on the KO2s must be overrated just like the KOs were.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it was the switch from E to D, or the switch from BFG to Milestar that made the difference, but my new tires made a significant difference in overall ride quality when I had them put on last week. It's most noticeable on rural windy and uneven roads where the BFGs used to snap my head with body roll and yawl and on bridge expansion joints on the highway where the BFGs used to rattle the dash. Since switching to the Milestars, all of that is gone. Railroad tracks, bridge joints, pot holes, etc. are all smooth and controlled now with no dash rattle and uneven roadways are more tamed.

I did not expect the change. If anything I figured it would get worse with the mud tires. But it's actually a very pleasant surprise. The sidewalls on the KO2s must be overrated just like the KOs were.
Great to hear, I am really considering the Milestar Patagonia’s myself. What size tire did you go with and is your rim size? I saw the 315 Milestars recommend a 9.5” wide rim and I have a 8.5 wide rim. I don’t think it should cause any real problems. Thanks

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
It would be looking a lot nicer if it didn’t get $8500 in hail damage after only having it for 6 weeks. The complete passenger side and hood got beat up pretty bad. We took it up there in September and they did all the dentless repairs they could do. Then while it was up there we found out that the hood was on backorder from Jeep. The repair shop in Billings Mt just called last week and told us the hood was finally in. We’ll probably be able to get it back up for the final repairs in March.

B19247A5-9F53-4C31-9DF1-C25242F2E6D2.jpeg

606C7D98-D40F-44D3-9155-C1286014D5D8.jpeg

6EF1589F-1FE4-4D0B-AB07-BFC1E119C7AE.jpeg
Damn. That’s terrible man. Sorry.

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 315/70R17 in E on my JLUR, no lift. Love them and love the ride. At 32PSI it's just slightly more firm than stock, and in my 2.0 the weight difference isn't as noticable considering the tires are nearly 20lbs heavier than stock. Less to worry about with the sidewall, too.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Great to hear, I am really considering the Milestar Patagonia’s myself. What size tire did you go with and is your rim size? I saw the 315 Milestars recommend a 9.5” wide rim and I have a 8.5 wide rim. I don’t think it should cause any real problems. Thanks
I have 315/70-17s wrapped around 17x8.5" wheels with +10mm offset.

They are perfect. I get VERY minor rubbing on the front air dam below the fog lights only when turned full like and in reverse. A 5 minute trim job would cure that, but it's not even bad enough to fool with.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have 315/70-17s wrapped around 17x8.5" wheels with +10mm offset.

They are perfect. I get VERY minor rubbing on the front air dam below the fog lights only when turned full like and in reverse. A 5 minute trim job would cure that, but it's not even bad enough to fool with.
Awesome thanks. My rims have a +6 offset so I will be almost exact as you. Sounds good.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I haven't put E tires on my Jeep (yet), but I've been running them on my trucks for 20 years. I wouldn't go to a lighter/thinner tire.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Already got a good sized nail in one of my Milestar Patagonias, pulled it out and no leak! I'm fairly certain a D-rated, and surely a C-rated would have been hissing, so another plus for E-rated treads. And to be honest I'm getting used to the firmer ride and don't mind it at all, (and I'm kinda old and brittle at 56, lol)

Sponsored

Bayoumojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited sport jl
I'm running 315/70/17 ridge grapplers load E on my sport s no complaints and @ blnewt if your old and brittle @ 56 im close to dust @ 58 lol. Keep on jeepin!!!!!

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Running e-rated ko2 in 315 size. Rides fine.

EE7D5B55-566C-409B-ACE3-AB3656A4D787.jpeg

Jlk98d

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Running e-rated ko2 in 315 size. Rides fine.

EE7D5B55-566C-409B-ACE3-AB3656A4D787.jpeg
Curious what the exact height is of the 315 KO2 mounted on stock rims like your set up. I just bought your exact jeep color and all. Can’t decide between the 315/70/17 C or E rated or 35x12.50r17 E rated on stock rims. I hear the BFG “run small”

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have the E rated KO2 285/70.... the ride is definitely rougher than the stock 255/70-18 on the Sahara.
Sponsored