Sponsored

E-Brake Failure (am I being unreasonable?)

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Pfft, who needs an e-brake? It’s a unnecessary luxury item, like the U-connect, paint without bubbles, a top that doesn’t leak, windshield defroster vent, back glass defroster, seat latches, visors, reliable steering, locking diffs that work, clutches, auto trans valve bodies, and properly welded frames... quit complaining and accept your Jeep thing...

Obvious sarcasm. I too have had my share of Jeep problems, but my dealer experience was better. Sorry you are going thru this.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I had time over the weekend to work on my E-Brake, and low and behold, the dealership never adjusted the cables properly. It really is a 10-minute job if you use this hack:

I have owned many different Jeeps over the years. Back in the day, I could easily get a copy of the service manual which was generally very good, but now it's much more difficult, and the digital manuals available on AllData plain suck.

Got to say, betwixt these forums and YouTube my Jeep life is so much better. Thanks to all that offered great tips, suggestions, and encouragement.