Sponsored

Dynomax Muffler Delete with Magnaflow Muffler Install

greatpunkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2023 JLUR XR (Ordered)
Occupation
Cyber Security
Been following the forum for awhile and recently picked up my 2020 Willys Sport. One of the first mods I did was exhaust just to ensure it all came apart easy. Originally went with just a Dynomax Muffler delete. Like others, I did cut out a 3/8 inch notch for the centering stud on the original exhaust connection. A Dremel with a cutting disk made quick work of that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax Muffler Delete with Magnaflow Muffler Install 029CB2BB-F054-4157-A18E-AB82E6DC75AA

Threw it all together and torqued the provided clamp down to 35 foot pounds, just to experience a significant exhaust leak. Tried adjusting the pipe and clamp multiples times with no success. Drove it around for a while to see if I liked the sound, and thought if I like it I’ll just go have the local shop weld it up. My opinion was cruising is fine, but acceleration was a tad loud for me. I pondered the possibility of adding a muffler somewhere upstream.

So I headed to the local AutoZone and found a 4” round Magnaflow muffler (Part# 10416). This is a 2.5” IN/OUT diameter muffler so it would fit the pipe fine and the 20” length was just perfect to fit between the axle and factory resonator. I then headed to the local muffler shop to have everything welded up:

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax Muffler Delete with Magnaflow Muffler Install 9DD8DFF5-5152-4478-8D92-7C8E014C8C59

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax Muffler Delete with Magnaflow Muffler Install E341B375-3658-45A7-AEB8-25B5769535E7

Overall, really happy with how everything came out. The tone is a rumble on acceleration and near stock cruising. I think this is how it should have been from factory. All of the parts and welding ran me about $250. Hope this helps anyone looking for the high clearance muffler delete but wants a more mellow sound.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! Been looking at some other options but just added this to the list.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Been following the forum for awhile and recently picked up my 2020 Willys Sport. One of the first mods I did was exhaust just to ensure it all came apart easy. Originally went with just a Dynomax Muffler delete. Like others, I did cut out a 3/8 inch notch for the centering stud on the original exhaust connection. A Dremel with a cutting disk made quick work of that.

Threw it all together and torqued the provided clamp down to 35 foot pounds, just to experience a significant exhaust leak. Tried adjusting the pipe and clamp multiples times with no success. Drove it around for a while to see if I liked the sound and thought if I like it I’ll just go have the local shop weld it up. My opinion was cruising is fine but acceleration was a tad loud for me. I pondered the possibility of adding a muffler somewhere upstream.

So I headed to the local AutoZone and found a 4” round Magnaflow muffle (Part# 10416). This is a 2.5” diameter muffler so it would fit the pipe fine and the 20” length was just perfect to fit between the axle and factory resonator. I then headed to the local muffler shop to have everything welded up:

Overall, really happy with how everything came out. The tone is a rumble on acceleration and near stock cruising. I think this is how it should have been from factory. All of the parts and welding ran me about $250. Hope this helps anyone looking for the high clearance muffler delete but wants a more mellow sound.
Wow, such a clean install, still keeps the Dynomax intact and looks like you have adequate room surrounding that new MagnaFlow section. Definitely something I'll look into, although I'm pretty happy w/ the overall tone of my Dynomax, but a little refinement isn't a bad thing.
Nice work, thanks for the detailed write-up!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Jeep Wrangler JL Dynomax Muffler Delete with Magnaflow Muffler Install E341B375-3658-45A7-AEB8-25B5769535E7

Threw it all together and torqued the provided clamp down to 35 foot pounds, just to experience a significant exhaust leak. Tried adjusting the pipe and clamp multiples times with no success. Drove it around for a while to see if I liked the sound, and thought if I like it I’ll just go have the local shop weld it up. My opinion was cruising is fine, but acceleration was a tad loud for me. I pondered the possibility of adding a muffler somewhere upstream.

So I headed to the local AutoZone and found a 4” round Magnaflow muffler (Part# 10416). This is a 2.5” IN/OUT diameter muffler so it would fit the pipe fine and the 20” length was just perfect to fit between the axle and factory resonator. I then headed to the local muffler shop to have everything welded up:

Thanks...will you post a video so we can hear it?

Sponsored

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
Nice little custom exhaust mod, Punkn. Thanks for choosing MagnaFlow!
Maybe you folks at MF can come up with a, "reasonably" priced , bolt in version. I would buy one.

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect

You Reckon you could give us a sound clip? My dynomax is droning alittle and I feel like if my dog sits at the back, it'll be bad for him over time...

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Does it drone under load? The dynoMax delete is pretty brutal going up hills. Anything around 2100-2700Rpm is drone like crazy.

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Sound clip please?! Did the muffler delete with a Pypes axle back...sounds great, but just not like a Jeep should. Sounds more like a G37 or similar.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
I was thinking about doing the same thing. thanks for finding the part number for me.

Sponsored

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Just added the magnaflow muffler and it made a substantial improvement in the drone from the dynomax delete kit. Still has a nice low rumble <2krpm but drone is essentially gone at higher rpms. My wife and kids are thanking me.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Just added the magnaflow muffler and it made a substantial improvement in the drone from the dynomax delete kit. Still has a nice low rumble <2krpm but drone is essentially gone at higher rpms. My wife and kids are thanking me.
I went with the slightly larger oval muffler in the same position. Soooooo much better now. Zero drone. Only a touch louder than stock.

the delete only was awful. Brain numbing drone going up hills

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone posted a video of the sound output? I’m getting so sick of my delete. Need to add something.

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Has anyone posted a video of the sound output? I’m getting so sick of my delete. Need to add something.
I don't have a video, but I am selling a Flowmaster version of this pipe if you're interested!

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a video, but I am selling a Flowmaster version of this pipe if you're interested!
I'm starting to latch-on to the SAVVY axle-back, so in a holding pattern for the minute. Thanks though!
Sponsored