Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
relatively new to Jeep… so am I being to cheap or the price just make sense? To me! It’s 4 coil springs plus set of shocks! And some hardware.. selling for $1500, I was like, sheesh..

can someone educate me how the price is justified? Or the community are just mostly high income and not sensitive to the price?
Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
It was 1200… I did notice the price increased recently

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
relatively new to Jeep… so am I being to cheap or the price just make sense? To me! It’s 4 coil springs plus set of shocks! And some hardware.. selling for $1500, I was like, sheesh..

can someone educate me how the price is justified? Or the community are just mostly high income and not sensitive to the price?
The Fox shocks that come with this lift are almost $700 for 4 if bought separately. Having good shocks and springs that are matched to each other will give you a much better ride. My neighbor bought the Rough Country 2.5" lift with their springs and "premium" N2 shocks for $475 and hates it. It bounces and rocks back and forth on bumps and leans in turns. He's thinking about replacing the lift with the Dynatrac after riding in mine

Last edited:

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
The Fox shocks that come with this lift are almost $700 for 4 if bought separately. Having good shocks and springs that are matched to each other will give you a much better ride. My neighbor bought the Rough Country 2.5" lift with their springs and "premium" N2 shocks for $475 and hates it. It bounces and rocks back and forth on bumps and leans in turns. He's thinking about replacing the lift with the Dynatrac after riding in mine
I have the Dynatrac lift and after the install I wasn’t happy with the ride at all. It was way too soft IMO. I sold the shocks and bought a set of Falcon shocks and problem solved. Shocks are set on 2.5 and I’m. Real happy with them.

Last edited:

mlarson

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler 2021 unlimited
I have the Dynatrac lift and after the install I wasn’t happy with the ride at all. It was way too soft IMO. I sold tue shocks and bought a set of Falcon shocks and problem solved. Shocks are set on 2.5 and I’m. Real happy with them.

Which shocks did you get the 3.1 or 3.2 Piggyback shocks?

And I know they are a little bit longer then the Fox 2.0's shocks, so other then the sway bar extensions did you have to adj. brake lines at all?

Last question :)

And how did you adj. the 360 degree setting (SP2) hard or soft

Thank you

Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Spent a whole day when the highest temp is 31 degree celsius..but worth it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it... 574E5BCF-A356-4957-AEC9-5E0E4588BE57

V7ncent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Spent a whole day when the highest temp is 31 degree celsius..but worth it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it... 574E5BCF-A356-4957-AEC9-5E0E4588BE57
Looks nice, mate. I'm in Australia as well and looking for installing this kit as well because it's just under the law allowance. How's your ride so far? BTW, what's the tyre spec you installing?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Looks nice, mate. I'm in Australia as well and looking for installing this kit as well because it's just under the law allowance. How's your ride so far? BTW, what's the tyre spec you installing?
Personally, it feels like stock…
I choose dynatrac because it doesn’t need certification..
I havent taken it out, because of the lockdown, then this shit weather..
Tyres are 305/70r17

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
After approx 2 years, 25k miles, and some hard trails, I would install this one again. Still very pleased with the street manners and trail handling. Running 35" tires.

The only other one I would consider is the AEV - lile the one on my other Jeep.

V7ncent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Personally, it feels like stock…
I choose dynatrac because it doesn’t need certification..
I havent taken it out, because of the lockdown, then this shit weather..
Tyres are 305/70r17
Where did you install this kit and do you mind tell me the installation fee?
Thanks

Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Thanks
Don’t know how much they are going to charge. I installed with my friend. It took us 6 hours in the garage.

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
Thanks
Depends on where you live. But the shop I took it to was $125 per hour. They had that posted on their website. The install should be 6 hours roughly unless you add trackbars and control arms or other parts. Any good shop should give you an estimate up front.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Disclosure: this is an independent review I received no benefit(s) nor will I by anyone buying this awesome product based on my review.

Bought this lift from @Northridge4x4 whom I’m quickly emptying my savings to :) I should have bought it a few months ago when they had the gift card promotion.

Like everyone else i was in a dilemma of to lift or not to lift. Well I ran 35’s on my stock JLUR and put 0-1.5” fox ifp shocks on. I was completely content with that setup... see my fox shocks review thread for details. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Anyways I lusted to gain better approach breakover and departure angles. I knew I didn’t want to go more than 2.5” but I also didn’t want to break the bank.

I initially bought the rancho 2” lift well Bc of the awesome price and review by way of life. I never installed the rancho. After months of going back and forth reading more threads on this forum and the other jlwrangler forum I passed up the Evo lift (pairing 2.5” plush coils with fox ifp 2-3” shocks) for a sure thing.... after all tony Carvallo was only a lead designer of the JL Wrangler... and why experiment with coil and shock configurations that weren’t tuned for each other... also I watched this hottie install video like 9 times :P

Finally I decided to buy the Dynatrac lift. I installed it myself without a single person helping me. Not even with the rear coils. The 3-4 hr estimate turned into 6 hours. One suggestion I have is do NOT rely on way of life’s install video especially when it comes down to installing the Dynatrac rear sway bar link. Don’t get me wrong he has a lot of useful info He shows using the Dynatrac supplied bolt for the top bolt hole but this is wrong and the paper instructions say that it’s for the bottom. Anyways I accidentally drove it through anyways using an impact wrench... ( also not advised).

Edit (7/21/19): I ended up removing the front track bar at the axle end during the front axle step and the rear track bar at the axle end during the rear axle steps. Just like the way of life video. I tried not removing the track bar Bc the Dynatrac video said it’s not necessary .... well i found it is. Retighten when the vehicle is on the ground. I happened to have the rear lower control arm bolts at the axle end loose Bc i was installing skid plates there. But others have suggested loosening (not removing) the control arm bolts to prevent binding. I personally just shot some silicone lubricant at all the control arm joints and haven’t had issues with noise and binding. Just an FYI in case you get weird squeaking noises to look at the control arm bolts and loosen and retighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so you go back to a neutral position.
——————————————
How does it ride?
I can promise you that the stock coils with fox shocks rode significantly better (again see my other thread I won’t repeat this info so don’t ask) than the stock rubicon coils and shocks. This Dynatrac lift rides even better than both of those by far...(not an exaggeration). It corners much better than stock coils with the fox ifp shocks. There is much less body roll, it feels firm and planted. It does a great job at absorbing bumps. I didn’t go through washboards yet but it’s definitely better than the stock coils and fox ifp shock combination. Does it fix the wandering?? I never had that bad wandering to begin with. I have both adjustable lower control arms and the mopar lift control arms neither of which I have installed yet. It drives great at 70 mph. I do think it’s less flighty and feels like it is wandering less on the highway; but, it’s not a huge difference like some people say. Like @Chocolate Thunder said there is definitely brake dive still; but, it’s definitely less compared stock coils in my opinion and the fox ifp shock combination.

In terms of lift. I was surprised...I thought this thing was a 3.5” lift after I installed it but it indeed is a 2” lift. Maybe being 5’8” does that to you haha... That being said I did install the teraflex 0.5” front coil spacers Bc I have a 75 lb warn winch and a 60 lb steel bumper. The jeep sits perfectly level. I checked multiple places on the frame etc. and measured as well before and after. The best part is I didn’t need to adjust the toe at all. If you read way of life’s thread about how to do your own alignment on his jlwrangler forum he explains why it is that toe is unchanged after a lift... basically Bc the drag link and tie rod are independent of each other if you don’t adjust the tie rod there’s no way your toe setting would change.... I mean this makes sense that’s the only way to change toe aside from damaging something to induce an altered toe. Either way I still checked and I’m 3/32 toe in after the lift. So basically you don’t need to get an alignment at all unless you have adjustable control arms.

I’ll test the flex soon and post up pics.
Sitting in boxes are steersmarts track bar and tie rod along with a fox steering stabilizer. In all honesty I don’t want to install these until I get 37’s this winter :) I’m going to keep driving this around as is. Who knows maybe I’ll just sell the steer smarts stuff.

If you are stuck in a dilemma, just buy this lift. It’s totally worth it.

5A317C37-21D2-4195-935A-16A52D52C122.jpeg

A172FCBD-406F-41B3-9E21-50F8DBE96F29.jpeg

9218ACC3-5567-4925-AA74-120EDD3CC569.jpeg

4AA8513F-1A8B-4AF6-BC51-536838D6571E.jpeg

063E3F76-BB83-40E1-A103-00B88CBDDB29.jpeg

2FFD953C-2CB7-4036-A1C8-9FBB4FE1CD5E.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed post! I've now narrowed it down to the Dynatrac or the Metalcloak 2.5" lift. Only reason I'm leaning towards the MC is due to the extra components it already comes with, especially since most I'm this thread has commented about adding LCA, trac bars, etc.

Here's a link to the MC lift I'm looking at....
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-5-true-dual-rate-suspension-system-lift-kit.html

specv510

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Installed mine last Saturday. Ride feels a little softer than stock, but very comfortable. I'm heading to Death Valley this weekend so we'll get to see how it performs. Going to be very overloaded too--since two of my adult children will be coming along.

Steering/handling feels stock to me, but I'll be adding the Mopar lower control arms soon since they're cheap.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I've only had this kit since the summer, and still like it. I've only been on a gravel/dirt road with it off road and it rides good on road.

I'm happy with it so far, but have to solve my death wobble issue; which returned after the lift.
Sponsored